FM11: Miralem Pjanić - Midfield Maestro

JD nawrat

Name: Miralem Pjanić

Date of Birth: 2 April 1990

Position: Attacking/Midfield Centre

54fea186c797190431abac31daad-grande.jpg

Pjanić, who has been described as "an old-fashioned playmaker with huge technical qualities", is a Bosnian attacking midfielder who currently plays for Ligue 1 team, Olympique Lyonnais. Pjanic has already broken into the Bosnia & Herzegovina national team, having made 26 appearances and has scored 3 goals, making his first appearance back in 2008 for the team at the age of 18.

This is how Pjanić looks at the beginning of the game.

FA48B24B11660038F382656C1957E31BCF4C6AC0

As you can see, he is already a quality player and, even if he doesn't develop much, he can still play brilliantly and win games by himself. He may be tough to acquire, but he is definitely worth it. However, he does develop. He can become the best player in the game - better than Javier Pastore, Paulo Henrique and Marek Hamsik, in my opinion.

This is how he looks in 2018.

7B9FC582774610597A1E95C0C30C34FD328DBFBC

AF7FBC068279860D3233A3D117576194690EC501

Pjanić is a quality player and can play in either of his positions at the start of the game - he has the strength to play at MC, but he also has everything else required to play at AMC. Not to mention that, with a little patience, he can easily be trained to play at AML and AMR, something you may want to consider to fit him in as an Inside Forward Support, perhaps. Personally, I have had success with him as an AMC on Attacking Midfield Attack in a 4-2-3-1 formation, but I've had equal success with him in the same formation as an Advanced Playmaker Attack.

By 2018, he has won 2 Golden Ball Awards, came runner-up for it twice, and came runner-up for Midfielder of the Year award, twice also. He's a very accomplished player, having also won the Champions Cup Best Player 3 years in a row, and runner-up one other time.

So yeah, who else has played with this guy and experienced how awesome he is? I was shocked he doesn't have his own thread (if he does it's not in the links thread), he's an incredible talent and I definitely recommend him.

To make it clear, that screenshot of Miralem at Madrid isn't my team (I'm Man City in that save). But it's the most developed I've seen him, so I used that as an example. I could always post a screenshot of him in teams I have managed.

The reason for Madrid paying £37.5M for him was that he won runner-up for Champions Cup best player, runner-up for midfielder of the year and also helped Lyon to a Champions League final (which they lost to yours truly). Looks like money well spent for them, seeing as he's won the Golden Ball 2 years in a row now.

not had him since fm10. back then i bought him about 4th season for £12.5m which is a steal. he simply ran the show most of the time, loads of assists and a good number of goals for a midfielder. sold him 4 years later for £34m when arsenal came in for him and upset him but i had enough quality in my squad to cash in without a replacement.

not had him since fm10. back then i bought him about 4th season for £12.5m which is a steal. he simply ran the show most of the time, loads of assists and a good number of goals for a midfielder. sold him 4 years later for £34m when arsenal came in for him and upset him but i had enough quality in my squad to cash in without a replacement.

I got him third season on a free, after reading this thread I'm feeling luckier!

Archived