Am i the only one that feels we need these things in FM12!

Would love to have the ability to recommend your players to national team managers if they are playing well.

To be able to have interactions with players you are interested in to tell them to wait a certain time period for your club to go in for them (tell them to hold out for a move to your club).

Advise your fringe or youth players that they need to go on loan

Pay as you play contracts!

for the Media to hype up youth players like they do in real life i.e like Rodwell, Jovetic and so on...

Interview for jobs i.e your motives for the club, future plan etc

just some suggestions haha :D

1st idea: maybe

2nd idea: illegal due to FIFA regulations

3rd idea: when you list your youth players for loan, tehy usually are happy and say that they want to gain first team exp by going on loan

4th idea: pay a minimal fee and make the appearance fee high, he may take it

5th idea: good

6th idea: very good

QUOTE beehive20:

Would love to have the ability to recommend your players to national team managers if they are playing well. - Not sure Fergie would agree. If a player is playing well enough to get into a national side wouldn't the manager already know this. Besides, FM doesn't usually use form in it's player selection and assessment as far as I'm aware.

To be able to have interactions with players you are interested in to tell them to wait a certain time period for your club to go in for them (tell them to hold out for a move to your club). - - :S

Advise your fringe or youth players that they need to go on loan - Isn't this the same as making them available for loan?

Pay as you play contracts! - Yes! Along with non-contracts, monthly contracts, and lower league boards limiting contracts to one year max (in most cases). But this would have to improve player new contract negotiations to stop them asking for double, treble or even higher than their current/expiring contract.

for the Media to hype up youth players like they do in real life i.e like Rodwell, Jovetic and so on... - It does doesn't it? It used to anyway.

Interview for jobs i.e your motives for the club, future plan etc - nice idea

just some suggestions haha :D /QUOTE

1º - Great ideia, but i think could be implement in a different way. For example, one of your player is selected (or not) to a national team, in the next press conference you could be asked something like "well, player X was selected to the XXX national team. What do you think?"

2º illegal

3º Great ideia! Talking to your players, and say to him that he should accept a loan offer.

6º Great ideia, if the interview make any difference. For example team X wants to give you the job, but after the interview they decide to walk away, or they like the interview so much, that they decide to give you more money for transfers for example.

I think that the loan one would be an important addition.

Sometimes players are too picky. They should know that it's more important that they go on loan to somewhere where they can get playing time instead of becoming a bench regular for some random mid-table team.

Would love to have the ability to recommend your players to national team managers if they are playing well.

To be able to have interactions with players you are interested in to tell them to wait a certain time period for your club to go in for them (tell them to hold out for a move to your club).

Advise your fringe or youth players that they need to go on loan

Pay as you play contracts!

for the Media to hype up youth players like they do in real life i.e like Rodwell, Jovetic and so on...

Interview for jobs i.e your motives for the club, future plan etc

1) Doesn't really mean much them playing for their national team. Would maybe mean they could miss a few league games so not 100% sure if I'd recommend them.

2) Tapping up comes to mind..

3) Usually if you put a youth player / hot prospect on loan list they leave on loan.

4) Yes, especially for some players that frequently get injuries.

5) Could lead to them becoming complacent, or they might not be able to handle the pressure.

6) Would love to see it introduced. There's not really a job interview atm. If you have a good enough reputation they offer you a job, and then you just accept.

1) Doesn't really mean much them playing for their national team. Would maybe mean they could miss a few league games so not 100% sure if I'd recommend them.

On the contrary, to me getting players into the national team means everything! I am still so frustrated that my keeper, statistically the best in the Premiership, is still yet to get a cap at the age of 30! I think recommendations through the media to national team coaches is a good idea.

1) Would love to have the ability to recommend your players to national team managers if they are playing well.

2) To be able to have interactions with players you are interested in to tell them to wait a certain time period for your club to go in for them (tell them to hold out for a move to your club).

3) Advise your fringe or youth players that they need to go on loan

4) Pay as you play contracts!

5) for the Media to hype up youth players like they do in real life i.e like Rodwell, Jovetic and so on...

6) Interview for jobs i.e your motives for the club, future plan etc

1) Don't see that it would be bad, but does that happen in the real world? Maybe just add a new comment that says you think your players should receive a call up.

2) That's called tapping up!

3) You can just send them on loan, but an option to suggest a loan period would be nice.

4) Don't see why not.

5) Does the game do that now? Never had a youth players that's so amazing that the media would notice him.

6) NO! Just don't see the point. Maybe it would be something that could be fun and grow on me, but my first opinion is it's unnecessary.

• SI Staff
NO! Just don't see the point. Maybe it would be something that could be fun and grow on me, but my first opinion is it's unnecessary.

An interview makes it sound too formal but I would like to see some improvements in this area.

- More media speculation about who the new manager of a club will be

- Approaches for managers

- Managers speaking out about jobs

- Interaction with your own board (I would like to talk to team x)

- Discussions with potential future employers (What ambitions and expectations they have)

There's quite a lot that can be done in this area. I liked the feature in CM1 where you could go and see the list of candidates for a job and got excited if my name was on it.

Really like the idea of job interviews. i think it would add so much more realism to an already brilliant game.

Also, what about getting your coaching badges before the start of the game. If I recall they did this on championship managher 07 iirc. Basically asking you a few questions with multiple choice answer and you get the relevant uefa license dependant on your answer. Just a thought :-)

An interview makes it sound too formal but I would like to see some improvements in this area.

- More media speculation about who the new manager of a club will be

- Approaches for managers

- Managers speaking out about jobs

- Interaction with your own board (I would like to talk to team x)

- Discussions with potential future employers (What ambitions and expectations they have)

There's quite a lot that can be done in this area. I liked the feature in CM1 where you could go and see the list of candidates for a job and got excited if my name was on it.

Err, aren't you at SI, Ter? Can you not influence what goes in the game? :D

I like those ideas and if you, as a SI employee, could see them added then that'd be great.

I want to be able to set my "short term plans" thing in the bio. It's always set to "nothing". Bleh I wouldn't mind if it had something like "Plan to win the BSP, intends to lead team to Premiership within 10 years" and "Planning World Domination through the medium of football"

And so on.

("Smuggling high grade vodka back from Russia at the next European Champions League fixture with Topedo moscow" - If that gets in I'll pay SI a fiver. >.>)

• SI Staff
Err, aren't you at SI, Ter? Can you not influence what goes in the game? :D

I like those ideas and if you, as a SI employee, could see them added then that'd be great.

I can only suggest ideas. Always good to have a discussion about them though. :)

I don't like the first idea. Losing players to international duty usually results in injury or really bad fitness for my next game.

Most real managers would think the same, the club comes first.

I've just been given the England job, so from now on my first team club players will not play many England games, but my youngsters will get plenty of caps to give them experience and develop them for my club!

I don't like the first idea. Losing players to international duty usually results in injury or really bad fitness for my next game.

Most real managers would think the same, the club comes first.

I've just been given the England job, so from now on my first team club players will not play many England games, but my youngsters will get plenty of caps to give them experience and develop them for my club!

For selling clubs having your player play an international game can add value to a player which is very important.

I personally hope they completely remove the withdraw option when international squads are named since it kinda goes against the rules FIFA have in place, just seems daft to have that option in there, there could maybe be an interactive thing, a convo with the international manager or something, but withdrawing fully fit players definitely breaks the rules.

I personally hope they completely remove the withdraw option when international squads are named since it kinda goes against the rules FIFA have in place, just seems daft to have that option in there, there could maybe be an interactive thing, a convo with the international manager or something, but withdrawing fully fit players definitely breaks the rules.

It's not against the rules if it is a friendly IIRC.

It's not against the rules if it is a friendly IIRC.

any player called up for an international game, be it friendly or not, MUST show up with the squad unless their club can prove it will be detrimental to the players health if they travel or delay their treatment on their injury. A team cannot withdraw a fully fit player unless an agreement is made with the FA that it is better that player X does not player for reason Y.

Archived