Rafael van der Vaart - The Dutch Master of Spurs

vasilli07

Full Name: Rafael Ferdinand van der Vaart

Date of birth: 11 February 1983 (1983-02-11) (age 27)

Place of birth: Heemskerk, Netherlands

Height: 1.78 m

Playing position: Attacking Midfielder

Best position in FM: Attacking Midfielder with Trequarista role and Advanced Playmaker(Support) closing down

rafaelvandervaartprofil.png

I've never been able to get the best out of him in FM10. But with Spurs signing him irl, I'm stucked with him and decided to try using him again. And finally I have got a position and role that made me get the best out of him.

He is the perfect attacking midfielder imo. Has good set-pieces attributes, has a good long shot and able to create or score himself.

They are some very impressive stastics, nicely done!

I would of used him as a Trequartista as well, but will try him as an attacking midfielder first after looking at that.

This guy is a legend under the AI on FM11, i guess like real life then. :D

I'm going to start a quick save with Spurs to have fun with their squad and see what i can achieve, and i'll use some of the advice from this thread. :thup:

I think pens are a bit broken tbh. Wouldn't be surprised to see some tweaks in either 11.2 or 11.3.

I've yet to miss a penalty, think i've only had 6 or so thus far but scored them all.

This guy is a legend under the AI on FM11, i guess like real life then. :D

I'm going to start a quick save with Spurs to have fun with their squad and see what i can achieve, and i'll use some of the advice from this thread. :thup:

I've yet to miss a penalty, think i've only had 6 or so thus far but scored them all.

Check the Spurs thread for even more handy hints :thup:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Grabbed him from Spurs for Derby - incredibly - for 1.5million GBP in 2013.

At 30 bangs them in like no tomorrow. Running him as Advanced Playmaker/Attack in the centre of midfield, next to Bernardo who is running Advanced Playmaker/Support in a 4-5-1 with AMR/L and DMC. He's second top scorer with 6 goals and also has 6 assists, absolutely destroying it.

In my 4th season with Spurs he was still going strong, with 17 goals in 24 appearances, in the premiership. top performer.....and i was considering selling him! He signed a new deal, and i think he will stay for atleast another season, perhaps 2, then he will hit semi-retirement at a smaller club. Great, great player, although i do think he scores too many long shots on the game.

• 4 months later...

What do you guys think is the best role and duty to use him in? I have him playing behind Luis Fabiano in a 4-4-1-1 with Spurs. Fabiano is a complete forward, will determine his duty after choosing Rafa's cause they can't both be attack or support.

Generally, yes, but a trequartista won't look to make as many forward runs as other roles with atk duty would. He will look to exploit any potential gaps in the defence and move there.

Archived