Calling on Sports Interactive to put all competitions in comps.fmf for the community

magicmastermind124

I am thankful that Sports Interactive have put some of the in-game competitions in this file - it means the community can make changes to these files.

However the number of competitions in this file is ridiculously small in comparison to the number of competitions in game. I'd like to see much more in this file from Sports Interactive.

I make my words yours. The competitions in comps.fmf helped me a lot to make some improvements in my league. By the way, I've counted around 10 Brazilian State Championships with generic or old rules and when I modify them, Brazilian Cup is scheduled with less teams than it should be. It's hard to remake Brazilian Cup because teams participating in Copa Libertadores don't play it. If I get the original files, I'll be able (I think) to reproduce those competitions properly. Not to mention that I wouldn't wait until FM12 to get corrects rules.

I asked SI to look at this thread through Twitter, Miles had this to say:

"there are reasons why people haven't responded & that's because there isn't an answer to what the thread wants that can be given."

So for the time being I'd say it's not going to happen, for whatever reason.

I would still like to see it happen in the future though, SI.

I think Miles is somehow right. In my opinion, I'd be very angry if people messed up my league i took ages to make. But it's obvious those files in comps.fmf helped me a lot not to remake hardcoded competitions, but to make my own tournaments.

I think Miles is somehow right. In my opinion, I'd be very angry if people messed up my league i took ages to make. But it's obvious those files in comps.fmf helped me a lot not to remake hardcoded competitions, but to make my own tournaments.

However they employ professional workers to make these, we are just a community and we don't get paid to activate these leagues using Advanced Rules. Also the reason I'd like to have access to these is so that I can add to them without having to do so much unnecessary work.

Considering how community friendly SI are compared to other companies, it's great that they have included the files they have.

It is however most likely that the rest are on fm.exe. Not many other files were updated for 11.1.1.

I asked SI to look at this thread through Twitter, Miles had this to say:

"there are reasons why people haven't responded & that's because there isn't an answer to what the thread wants that can be given."

So for the time being I'd say it's not going to happen, for whatever reason.

I would still like to see it happen in the future though, SI.

Hmm, sad. It almost impossible to recreate the Danish league because of some hard-coded changes in the 1st Division for the next couple of years.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't want to open a new thread to say that SI should make a file whit the UEFA comps and a continent (Europe) set up available so we could see how to draw teams in those comps PLEASSSSEEEEE!!!!

Well, MrT, if SI GAVE us this game then I would agree. But we are paying for it. SI, at the moment, can afford to ignore the customers and not take full advantage of the ME and the AI because they have no competition to push them.

Archived