[FM 2011] Australian Expansion

powelly-lad02

australia-map-flag.jpg

RELEASED

Hey guys,

As some of you know, I tried to expand the Australian Leagues into State level in 2010 but failed miserabley. Now for Football Manager 2011, I'm back hoping that it will all work out the way i want with the new options in the editor, so fingers crossed it all goes according to plan

[THIS IS AN ACCURATE VERSION OF THE AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL COMPETITIONS]

(exception of the Victorian Leagues, combined North-West and South-East into a 24 team comp for the Victorian State League Division 1 and 2)

Hyundai A-League (11 teams)

- unchanged

Australian Championship (top state league)

- New South Wales Premier League

- Queensland State League

- Victorian Premier League

- South Australian Premier League

- Western Australia Premier League

- ACT Premier League

- Tasmanian Northern Premier League

- Tasmanian Southern Premier League

Australian League One (second tier)

- NSW Super League

- Brisbane Premier League

- Victorian State League Division One

- South Australian Premier League

- Football West State League Division One

Australian League Two (third tier)

- NSW State League Division One

- Brisbane Premier League Division 1

- Victorian State League Division Two

- South Australian State League

- NBN State Soccer League

Australian League Three (fourth tier)

- NSW State League Division Two

- Brisbane Premier League Division 2

- Victorian State League Division Three

- NewFM Football League

- Habitat Premier League

Australian Regional Division (fifth tier)

- Gold Coast Premier League

- Shoalhaven District Football Association

- Illawarra Premier League

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloads

Australian State League V4

http://www.mediafire.com/?8t7l7uhziw2vd4j

Graphics Pack by Ruttiger

http://www.mediafire.com/?kkui3u5486ylkdr

With the Graphics pack, there is 2 folders, both should be copied straight from the .rar file to the Football Manager 11 folder

( c > documents > sports interactive > Football Manager 11 )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fantasy

NATIONAL SOCCER LEAGUE:

The National Soccer League, or NSL, is the former national association football (soccer) competition in Australasia, overseen by Soccer Australia and later the Australian Soccer Association. The NSL spanned 28 seasons from its inception in 1977, until its demise in 2004. In 2005, it was succeeded by the A-League competition, run by Football Federation Australia, the successor to the Australian Soccer Association. The competition was also known by various names including the Philips Soccer League, Coca-Cola Soccer League, Ericsson Cup and briefly during the mid-1990s the A-League.

http://www.filefront.com/17708043/National Soccer League.xml

Credits

Deadfncat:

Alot of credit to this guy, provided alot of insight and research into this database, so much thanks to him

Ruttiger_Ruttiger:

A very big help with his extensive knowledge into the Australian System and great research he has put into the database. Also for his graphics which are still to come, such things such as ad-boards and logos which will make the game look so much better

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Powelly-lad, good to see you back.

Should the NBN State soccer league really be in the top State leagues? It's probably more akin to the Qld regional divisions, than a top division.

I will think about lowering the NBN to probley the 3rd tier maybe? but im not sure, just need to get teams and everything sorted out first. Hopefully all the teams will be an accurate representation

http://www.qldsl.com.au/

Queensland State League?

Yeah noticed i missed that this afternoon, fixed it up however

it is now

Queensland State League

Brisbane Premier League

Brisbane Premier League Division 1

Brisbane Premier League Divison 2

For every team there will be a stadium, created the stadiums this afternoon; added teams from the Australian Lower Leagues into their respective competitions. Will be creating the teams tomorrow hopefully and finish the queensland aspect of the database.

Also added teams to the Victorian Leagues, South Australian Leagues and Western Australian Leagues

Have also been looking at teams such as NSWIS, VIS, SAIS and WAIS thinking about how i could get them to produce regens to help supply the national youth system

progress is slowly coming

Had some good game time with A-league teams in last years game and been looking for just what your planning to make, an edit that leaves the A-league accurate to real life whilst offering more Australian teams/leagues to play in so good luck getting it to work, I look forward to trying it out.

I'll be definately getting into this over the coming weekend, trying to get as much done as possible so hopefully fingers crossed, will be able to have a release mid-next week maybe?

Also looking to add players into the game so that way there is a few more free agents for players to pick up, so i was considering giving people a chance to be in the game but not as superstars, just as average players. So if you guys would like to be in the game all id need is probley:

Name

DOB

Place of birth

Agent (optional)

Nationality

Position

Footedness

3 preferred moves (optional)

more information to follow, but if you dont want to post those details here, feel free to inbox me.

Depending on resources, i may even add a inactive division to the bottom of each state full of club sides to promote 1 or 2 teams into the division to create some variety. Not sure on that yet, let me know what you guys think about that, or i could even do a database proper, and then release a second version that will be with inactive divisions?

- Added "Festival of Football" cup to be played pre-season, consisting of:

Winners of the A-League

Runners up of the English Premier League

Winners of the Greek Super League

Winners of the Scottish First Divison

Consists of 4 teams, in a league-style competition played at the end of July/beginning of August

3 games played by each team

- still to do: prize money per club

- Added "Festival of Football" cup to be played pre-season, consisting of:

Winners of the A-League

Runners up of the English Premier League

Winners of the Greek Super League

Winners of the Scottish First Divison

Consists of 4 teams, in a league-style competition played at the end of July/beginning of August

3 games played by each team

- still to do: prize money per club

Is that what wikipedia calls the Sydney Festival of Football? sounds good, I just don't know about having the premier league runner up always being in it as if your playing that premier league team it might be annoying or nice to have to participate in this, and that team would surely dominate the tournament compared to the other teams. 2010 had blackburn rovers not Man Utd. But at the same time I don't really know what to suggest and it does seem a nice competition to have.

Is that what wikipedia calls the Sydney Festival of Football? sounds good, I just don't know about having the premier league runner up always being in it as if your playing that premier league team it might be annoying or nice to have to participate in this, and that team would surely dominate the tournament compared to the other teams. 2010 had blackburn rovers not Man Utd. But at the same time I don't really know what to suggest and it does seem a nice competition to have.

Yeah that was the Sydney Festival of Football, named after the winners of the A-League so i changed that around so it wouldnt always be Sydney. I need to change the runners up of the English Premier League to a lower side in the league, will be sorting that out later.

Still the same issue as 2010 guys. Teams promoting and relegating into the wrong leagues. Working on 'regional divisions' now, but with over 250 teams, could take awhile which is a shame

Would it be possible/helpful if you were to complete say one state and release that as a file for people to test see if we notice anything rather than sort out all 250 teams and find you need to try something else? I don't know enough about the editor to tell if thats even a viable idea for you as I've only begun experimenting with it myself, but if it would help seems a few people are interested :)

Would it be possible/helpful if you were to complete say one state and release that as a file for people to test see if we notice anything rather than sort out all 250 teams and find you need to try something else? I don't know enough about the editor to tell if thats even a viable idea for you as I've only begun experimenting with it myself, but if it would help seems a few people are interested :)

So you say i should just release the NSW leagues to test that?

So you say i should just release the NSW leagues to test that?

I don't know, I'm just wondering if making one 'region' as your now doing then testing it for promotions/relegations and whatever to see if that works rather than have you put a lot of time into going this route in hope it works. It's whatever you think will be most helpful to you in completing this really, I was just putting an idea out there :)

I don't know, I'm just wondering if making one 'region' as your now doing then testing it for promotions/relegations and whatever to see if that works rather than have you put a lot of time into going this route in hope it works. It's whatever you think will be most helpful to you in completing this really, I was just putting an idea out there :)

well im finshed the regional divisons for NSW so i will upload a file now, with the top 2 leagues from each state, link is up in the first post

well im finshed the regional divisons for NSW so i will upload a file now, with the top 2 leagues from each state, link is up in the first post

Ok holidayed a season. NSW seemed to work ok, as did Victoria but in the others there were some teams out of place, e.g. Western Australia PL, team finishing bottom ended up in Brisbane PL rather than Football West State League Div 1. I'll test it a more in the morning, but if NSW was the only 'regional' one you did then that appears to work, albeit this was only based on one season.

Also notice you have youth leagues in three groups with the A-league teams in there rather than the seperate A-League National Youth League, don't know if you intended that or have even worked on youth but thought i'd query it. Looking good for the early stages though :)

Hi,

I fixed the state competition borders and now the teams should be assigned to their leagues properly. You shouldn't have set all the borders because eg. west Australia doesn't need a western border, since there is no teams in this country which are farther west. Another mistake you've made was that the game recognizes the cities, which you've set as borders, as cities of the teams that do not belong to that league. So if you want teams only from Sydney, you should choose neighboring cities as the borders, instead of Sydney itself.

At the moment it's assigned that in different leagues can play teams from the whole state. If you want teams only from Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney then just tell me and I'll change it for you. But I hope that after I explained it to you you will understand how it works in Football Manager.

In exchange for my help I'd like to ask you to put up a link to my website in the Readme file: http://www.football-manager.info/

Link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2810556/NSW%20regional%20Divisons%20set.rar

After one season only one team be on wrong group, but because hasn't set stadium.

Hi,

I fixed the state competition borders and now the teams should be assigned to their leagues properly. You shouldn't have set all the borders because eg. west Australia doesn't need a western border, since there is no teams in this country which are farther west. Another mistake you've made was that the game recognizes the cities, which you've set as borders, as cities of the teams that do not belong to that league. So if you want teams only from Sydney, you should choose neighboring cities as the borders, instead of Sydney itself.

At the moment it's assigned that in different leagues can play teams from the whole state. If you want teams only from Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney then just tell me and I'll change it for you. But I hope that after I explained it to you you will understand how it works in Football Manager.

In exchange for my help I'd like to ask you to put up a link to my website in the Readme file: http://www.football-manager.info/

Link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2810556/NSW%20regional%20Divisons%20set.rar

After one season only one team be on wrong group, but because hasn't set stadium.

Kleyo, my good friend, you are a lifesaver!! works perfectly now, ive tried to replicate your work for the other divisions which i believe has been sucsessful, just trying with the NBN Premier League which i hope is right, going to try within the next day.

So ive gone down to ''Australian League Three" with the lowest leagues in each state made avalible, with the NewFM, Tasmanian North&South, ACT all playable

will test and get up ASAP

All is working now!! very happy to say, release one is up in the first post.

Nice work, look forward to playing it later and thanks for doing it :)

Just something I've noticed in my initial load up on this file, if you go to Australia's national page and look at club sides by finances some of them look very odd, it seems some teams just randomly end up worth a lot more than A-league teams e.g. on this occasion it was Waverley Wanderers having an estimated value of 44m, but I don't know if this is anything that can be fixed with the editor.

Nice work, look forward to playing it later and thanks for doing it :)

Just something I've noticed in my initial load up on this file, if you go to Australia's national page and look at club sides by finances some of them look very odd, it seems some teams just randomly end up worth a lot more than A-league teams e.g. on this occasion it was Waverley Wanderers having an estimated value of 44m, but I don't know if this is anything that can be fixed with the editor.

Yeah, it's something I have noticed as well, hopefully with the implementation of prize money the budgets will not be so massive. And for the upload, I will put a new link up today. One with an update of the prize money and 2 new cups so far. An Australian cup; which is an FA cup style knockout between every team in the league system including a-league teams. And the McDonalds cup which is for NSW teams from the premier league, super league, division 1 and division 2. I think it's about 48 teams for th McDonalds cup. Will be having a cup competition for each state in the future and possibly a super cup (winner of a-league vs winner of Australian cup)

Feedback and ideas are always welcome

Yeah, it's something I have noticed as well, hopefully with the implementation of prize money the budgets will not be so massive. And for the upload, I will put a new link up today. One with an update of the prize money and 2 new cups so far. An Australian cup; which is an FA cup style knockout between every team in the league system including a-league teams. And the McDonalds cup which is for NSW teams from the premier league, super league, division 1 and division 2. I think it's about 48 teams for th McDonalds cup. Will be having a cup competition for each state in the future and possibly a super cup (winner of a-league vs winner of Australian cup)

Feedback and ideas are always welcome

Personally I'd prefer it be kept fairly accurate as it is in real life (with reasonable exceptions such as the Victoria league you mentioned in post 1) so if I'm playing in the A-League I wouldn't want an FA cup etc. If it isn't too much trouble perhaps you could do a version with just the real cups which isn't many from the seem of it and a second version with the fa cup, real (ish) and fantasy? but obviously only if thats an easy non-time consuming thing to do. Ultimately though its your mod so you should make it into something you want to play :)

Personally I'd prefer it be kept fairly accurate as it is in real life (with reasonable exceptions such as the Victoria league you mentioned in post 1) so if I'm playing in the A-League I wouldn't want an FA cup etc. If it isn't too much trouble perhaps you could do a version with just the real cups which isn't many from the seem of it and a second version with the fa cup, real (ish) and fantasy? but obviously only if thats an easy non-time consuming thing to do. Ultimately though its your mod so you should make it into something you want to play :)

Yeah i was abit indifferent about the FA Cup, so i might just scrap that one.

Looking at the finances now; the clubs just seem to be randomized but the high estimated value does not affect things like transfer budgets or wage budgets

Yeah i was abit indifferent about the FA Cup, so i might just scrap that one.

Looking at the finances now; the clubs just seem to be randomized but the high estimated value does not affect things like transfer budgets or wage budgets

Yea, it was just something I noticed early on and thought I should mention, but its not as if they were signing players for millions so as you say it shouldn't be an issue really.

Do 'new' clubs have chairmen? If not they might have randomly gotten someone with a lot of resources. I noticed this happened when I was making the NSW Nation DB last year. also a take over could have happened relatively early in the game by someone with more dollars than sense.

Do 'new' clubs have chairmen? If not they might have randomly gotten someone with a lot of resources. I noticed this happened when I was making the NSW Nation DB last year. also a take over could have happened relatively early in the game by someone with more dollars than sense.

What I meant with my example was literally the game had just finished loading up for the first time, no turns taken etc. The chairman thing sounds likely though if you had a similar experience last year.

What I meant with my example was literally the game had just finished loading up for the first time, no turns taken etc. The chairman thing sounds likely though if you had a similar experience last year.

Yeah, last year my bottom teer local side with a stadium capacity of 1000 scored a Roman Abramovich like chairman when I didn't give the club one.

One thing I was thinking about is the youth league. Playing as the teams which don't have a side in it (North Qld and Melbourne Heart) is rather annoying as your team is flooded with regens that you can only really release or leave to rot because unless they're exceptional they won't get game time. Wondered if it would be possible for you to add these sides to the youth league just to provide better gameplay in this instance rather than replicating reality?

For Wellington Phoenix I'm currently planning out a New Zealand file myself at the moment so hoping to put a Wellington Phoenix youth team in a New Zealand teams youth league (it isn't like that in real life but probably the closest that can be achieved with the editor) but just wondered if you had any thoughts on the two australian sides with this 'issue' ?

One thing I was thinking about is the youth league. Playing as the teams which don't have a side in it (North Qld and Melbourne Heart) is rather annoying as your team is flooded with regens that you can only really release or leave to rot because unless they're exceptional they won't get game time. Wondered if it would be possible for you to add these sides to the youth league just to provide better gameplay in this instance rather than replicating reality?

For Wellington Phoenix I'm currently planning out a New Zealand file myself at the moment so hoping to put a Wellington Phoenix youth team in a New Zealand teams youth league (it isn't like that in real life but probably the closest that can be achieved with the editor) but just wondered if you had any thoughts on the two australian sides with this 'issue' ?

I'll look at the youth system today and see what i can do there, and hopefully get a north queensland youth side and melbourne heart one too

I think i will need to recreate the entire Australian League structure to be able to edit the reserve/youth system.

I've done edits on the Australian league in FM11 and I've had big problems with CPU sides not being able to register their players.

Does anyone know how to remove squad registration rules for the whole country? I can't find an option in the editor and this wasn't an issue last year.

I'll look at the youth system today and see what i can do there, and hopefully get a north queensland youth side and melbourne heart one too

I think i will need to recreate the entire Australian League structure to be able to edit the reserve/youth system.

That sounds like far too much work for just adding 2 youth teams. What about if you made a youth league for Queensland and Victoria and just added Melbourne Heart and North Qld Fury reserves to those along with the youth sides of teams from the relevant premier league/state league?

That sounds like far too much work for just adding 2 youth teams. What about if you made a youth league for Queensland and Victoria and just added Melbourne Heart and North Qld Fury reserves to those along with the youth sides of teams from the relevant premier league/state league?

That could work, i might just make youth leagues for all top division state leagues

I've downloaded this - it looks great thanks, especially the details on some of the kits.

Do you think that if for example you win the NSW Premier League on a couple of occasions you would have a good enough reputation to get an A-League job?

I've downloaded this - it looks great thanks, especially the details on some of the kits.

Do you think that if for example you win the NSW Premier League on a couple of occasions you would have a good enough reputation to get an A-League job?

As a manager? yes i would presume that you would be eligable

• 4 weeks later...

Powelly-lad02

Have you ever though of recreating the A-League and Lower Leagues using magicmastermind's Advanced Editor Mod? This way any minor errors created by SI will be corrected (A-League w/ Finals instead of SI's Regular Season & Finals Series Splits & using the National Youth League instead of the made up Youth League)

hey mate, great work with this.

Loaded up a game to have a look and playing as Albany Creek Excelsior. They play about 1 km from my house, yet I've never been to a game :p

2 things though. It says the club is worth 350k, that doesnt sound right? :p

and they play at Wolter Park, not Wendy Allison Park, which is where Pine Rivers United play

1 more thing is the kit colours are wrong. its blue/white but should be red/white

hopefully helps. Can research more team info for Brisbane teams if needed

been playing with the editor for the first time :p its fun

if you need any help with anything, give me a yell. Im not very good at this stuff but quick learner and lots of spare time

hey mate, great work with this.

Loaded up a game to have a look and playing as Albany Creek Excelsior. They play about 1 km from my house, yet I've never been to a game :p

2 things though. It says the club is worth 350k, that doesnt sound right? :p

and they play at Wolter Park, not Wendy Allison Park, which is where Pine Rivers United play

1 more thing is the kit colours are wrong. its blue/white but should be red/white

hopefully helps. Can research more team info for Brisbane teams if needed

been playing with the editor for the first time :p its fun

if you need any help with anything, give me a yell. Im not very good at this stuff but quick learner and lots of spare time

glad to see a fellow aussie around here.

The 350k thing, is just random in the game, not sure what it is, so i cant do anything about that, doesnt mean much in the game either, as it doesnt increase starting finances or other things like that

and if you could look at the queensland leagues for me and message me the corrections ill be able to fix it up with some cup competitions as well, that way we can get those leagues as close to perfection as we can. I wasnt sure about all of the kit colours as i had to google the teams and sometimes try to guess the team colours so they might be abit out of place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and will be acknowledged in the first post to. So if you like, just message me the corrections and ill get straight on to them for you.

np Ill make up a list tomorrow.

Probably just the QLD teams though because i dont really care about the rest haha. Im just suprised to see teams so low down in it, which i think it is cool

does it have promotion all the way to the to the a league as well?

np Ill make up a list tomorrow.

Probably just the QLD teams though because i dont really care about the rest haha. Im just suprised to see teams so low down in it, which i think it is cool

does it have promotion all the way to the to the a league as well?

Sounds good, thanks alot for your input even if it is only for the queensland teams its good to have help.

Promotion is only up to the top state league. There is no promotion/relegation from the a-league

Sounds good, thanks alot for your input even if it is only for the queensland teams its good to have help.

Promotion is only up to the top state league. There is no promotion/relegation from the a-league

should add it in. would be a fun twist.

Taking a bottom team to the top is the best fun :)

Archived