[FM 2011] Australian Expansion

powelly-lad02

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we could always use more researchers LeeNSW ;)

just to double check kits/grounds etc.

Thats right lee, the more help we get, the better it is. Although im fairly confident on the NSW leagues as i have played in them and been to most grounds

As for the promotion/relegation i may release it as a ''fantasy'' database when the leagues are complete

An update should be released with amateur clubs in both NSW and Queensland being able to get into the lower divisions of their respective state leagues tomorrow, after a little bit of testing. Canale Cup and the Macdonalds cup also have been included in this update.

Thanks to deadfncat for his very helpful work finding detailed information about clubs around Australia.

Powelly: I downloaded to have a quick look at how you've organised the structure in the editor. Very impressed. Keep up the good work. One thing i did notice was the league structure in Queensland is not as it is IRL. There is no relegation from nor promotion to the Queensland State League. It is a stand-alone competition. Also there are two new teams entering the QSL this upcoming season - a gold coast institute of sport team and another team called Southern Cross United managed by former Roar defender Josh McCloughan. Thought you might like to add them.

Powelly: I downloaded to have a quick look at how you've organised the structure in the editor. Very impressed. Keep up the good work. One thing i did notice was the league structure in Queensland is not as it is IRL. There is no relegation from nor promotion to the Queensland State League. It is a stand-alone competition. Also there are two new teams entering the QSL this upcoming season - a gold coast institute of sport team and another team called Southern Cross United managed by former Roar defender Josh McCloughan. Thought you might like to add them.

Thanks Ruttiger, still working on the promotion and relegation between every competition, that was one i didnt really know what to do with, will look into this Gold Coast team and the Southern Cross team entering and probley make the QSL a stand alone competition with those two new teams in the comp. Still need to run some testing, Deadfncat is doing that now so shouldnt be too long before a release is done.

Also in the next release will be the proper NSW Premier League Managers

Few set backs in the database guys, promotion/relegation between different tiers arent running properly, so abit of a set back there.

Also added the news from today that Danny Allsopp will sign for Melbourne Victory in the new year transfer window, with a contract lasting till 2013. So thats added into the database aswell, will hopefully keep it updated with transfers aswell

massimo murdocca and matt mackay are at the roar until 2013/2014

mitch nichols is there until 2012/2013

reinaldo signed with al-ahli in qatar for 2 years

Murdocca and Mckay have new deals until July 31 2013

Nicholls has a new deal until July 31 2012

Reinaldo signs with Al-Ahli sports club on the 18th decemember 2010

Andwélé Slory signs a 1month contract on January 1st, as he joins Adelaide united on a 10match guest stint

Francisco Usúcar sings with Adelaide United on January 1st 2011 with a contract until July 31st 2012

Juho Mäkelä signs with Sydney FC on January 1st 2011 with a 15month contract

Inseob Shin signs with Busan I'Park on January 1st 2011

Also considering increasing Brisbane Roars reputation due to their magnificant season so far leading by 10 points coming into christmas

VPL managers added

Changed the boundaries of most states so none are overlapping, which hopefully stops the incorrect promotion/relegation situation

Powelly: I'm beleive you are aware of my previous A-League expansions from past versions of the game and I was wondering if you might consider joining forces. I was wondering if you would allow me to build an a-league expansion on top of your fantastic state leagues update since pretty much every comp and team you are adding I am also but you are far ahead of me at the moment and my spare time has been cut short to the point i am not sure how or when i can finish my edit. What do you get out of this? I will provide research and testing for you, i will source logos for all clubs and competitions and provide configs to match your db, i will grant you and your helpers input regarding the make up of the expanded A-League so that as many people as possible are happy.

As I see it, i can build a fresh a-league expansion within a day or two of each of your version releases.

What do you reckon?

Yeah ruttiger im more then happy for that to happen, will create a much better australian league, both fantasy and realistic, with logos and more. I've got a fair amount of spare time at the moment due to holidays and what not with the exception of working a little so i will be continuing to update where possible. If you create a list of the teams you will be using, ill be able to detail them for you in my editing saving you the time of doing it yourself, while also making the database in depth in areas if you are interested in that concept.

Feel free to email me or just message me on this regarding your ideas on anything going on with the database, just about to run a few tests on the recently changed competition boundaries so hopefully that will be correct and make up a large part of the research.

Powelly: Excellent news. It's a festivus miracle :)

Okay, this is the list of expansion club possibilities as far as I see it...

Sydney Rovers

Canberra United

Northern Thunder (based in Darwin)

Victoria Eureka (based in Geelong, alternative stadium in Ballarat-Bendigo region)

Tasmania United (based in Launceston, alternative stadium in Hobart)

South Coast FC (based in Wollongong)

New Zealand Knights (based in Auckland)

Canterbury Dragons (based in Christchurch, NZ)

That results in a 19 team competition. Other possibilities that I am yet to adequately research and haven't designed kits for yet but I believe are viable and semi-realistic areas for expansion are...

Dunedin/Otago region, New Zealand

Singapore

Sunshine Coast, Queensland

I will send you a pm with a link to the kit designs from last season for your consideration.

Once we confirm the teams, I also have a whole lot of spreadsheets that I believe provide more accurate attendance information for all teams, both real and fantasy, based upon all A-League seasons and as far back as I could go with NSL attendances.

Powelly: Excellent news. It's a festivus miracle :)

Okay, this is the list of expansion club possibilities as far as I see it...

Sydney Rovers

Canberra United

Northern Thunder (based in Darwin)

Victoria Eureka (based in Geelong, alternative stadium in Ballarat-Bendigo region)

Tasmania United (based in Launceston, alternative stadium in Hobart)

South Coast FC (based in Wollongong)

New Zealand Knights (based in Auckland)

Canterbury Dragons (based in Christchurch, NZ)

That results in a 19 team competition. Other possibilities that I am yet to adequately research and haven't designed kits for yet but I believe are viable and semi-realistic areas for expansion are...

Dunedin/Otago region, New Zealand

Singapore

Sunshine Coast, Queensland

I will send you a pm with a link to the kit designs from last season for your consideration.

Once we confirm the teams, I also have a whole lot of spreadsheets that I believe provide more accurate attendance information for all teams, both real and fantasy, based upon all A-League seasons and as far back as I could go with NSL attendances.

Are these for the fantasy A-League? Brisbane Strikers are a team you could bump up ;)

good to see the merge idea is going ahead :D

Just a thought Ruttiger, why not make your fantasy A-League as the top tier of Australian football, then re-create the old NSL as the second tier? or just as a separate tier all together to allow promotion/relegation to the A-League.

Or as a separeate idea, i could make the NSL after all of this is done

As for your fantasy teams ill make them extinct on the database if you like; So far ive entered Sydney Rovers, Tasmania United and Canberra United, will need to discuss the other teams such as the darwin team, south coast etc.

The New Zealand Knights and Canterbury Dragons are already in the database so all you need to do is change them into your league.

Sure, let's discuss Darwin and South Coast. I'm not sure what you want to discuss though, but i can justify my decisions and club names. I was going to put up the link for South Coast bid for you but it seems the site has been taken down. I can do up a fact sheet for each proposed team though if you like?

As for the NSL - i thought your intention was to make the state leagues realistic as possible. Surely that means having the likes of South Melbourne, South Coast Wolves, Brisbane Strikers, Adelaide City, Marconi, Sydney Utd, Melbourne Knights etc in their respective divisions.

Sure, let's discuss Darwin and South Coast. I'm not sure what you want to discuss though, but i can justify my decisions and club names. I was going to put up the link for South Coast bid for you but it seems the site has been taken down. I can do up a fact sheet for each proposed team though if you like?

As for the NSL - i thought your intention was to make the state leagues realistic as possible. Surely that means having the likes of South Melbourne, South Coast Wolves, Brisbane Strikers, Adelaide City, Marconi, Sydney Utd, Melbourne Knights etc in their respective divisions.

Yeah im fine with the sides, just need to know what stadium would be used for the Darwin side, and for the South Coast team im guessing that it will be WIN stadium?

And what i ment with the NSL is what deadfncat said, have like your a-league on top, then promotion/relegation to that with your fantasy underneath it. Or have like

A-league

NSL

Pool of Teams/sub-divisions

just an idea, would love to play with Parramatta Power again

Northern Thunder (the darwin side) will play out of the Darwin Football Stadium. It has hosted pre-season matches in past seasons. Stadium info link Capacity is apparently 5000 with seats for 1000.

South Coast will play out of WIN Stadium, yes. Their chairman would be Eddy de Gabrielle. Bruce Gordon should also be on the board.

RE:NSL - the big question would be what teams would make the cat. So many sides played in that competition over the years. Some then folded completely, others fell in to their state league divisions. I wouldn't know which to select and which to reject for the competition.

Northern Thunder (the darwin side) will play out of the Darwin Football Stadium. It has hosted pre-season matches in past seasons. Stadium info link Capacity is apparently 5000 with seats for 1000.

South Coast will play out of WIN Stadium, yes. Their chairman would be Eddy de Gabrielle. Bruce Gordon should also be on the board.

RE:NSL - the big question would be what teams would make the cat. So many sides played in that competition over the years. Some then folded completely, others fell in to their state league divisions. I wouldn't know which to select and which to reject for the competition.

Will set up both clubs now.

For the NSL was just thinking recreating the 03-04 season when Perth Glory won it for the last time

I like the idea of a 2nd tier of Aussie football, but here's the problem, if you add all the NSL teams you end up with at least half of the teams in the whole comp being from NSW, you could end up with an A-League competition with nothing but NSW and maybe a Victorian team. Surely there are other areas where a football team could be located other than the suburbs of Sydney; Central Queensland (Mackay/Rockhampton/Bundaberg) and Western Australia (other than Perth) are examples of places where a team could be put.

I like the idea of a 2nd tier of Aussie football, but here's the problem, if you add all the NSL teams you end up with at least half of the teams in the whole comp being from NSW, you could end up with an A-League competition with nothing but NSW and maybe a Victorian team. Surely there are other areas where a football team could be located other than the suburbs of Sydney; Central Queensland (Mackay/Rockhampton/Bundaberg) and Western Australia (other than Perth) are examples of places where a team could be put.

thats a good point. Its a toss up between realism (well an old comp) and having something which would be more balanced and these days a more realistic league

Here is the list of members of teh executive committee for Tasmania United - http://www.tasmaniaunited.com.au/news/post/taskforce-executive/

I would suggest also suggest that Ken Morton be the inaugural manager rather than on the board. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Morton I believe he is already in the db but the information there is rather lacking dodgy, saying he was born in Hobart and manages Tilford.

I'm not much of a chat person mate. I'm not really sure what help is really required either. I got things pretty much covered for the A-League expansion (once the next version of the edit is released I will start sorting out the graphics files etc and if a few are hard to find I will certainly ask for help), but I think at this stage helping Powelly out with the state league stuff could be a goer.

There are a few regional competition that could be worth considering adding but would require a fair bit of research - Illawarra Premier League, Norzone Premier League (Northern Territory), Geelong Mens Division 1, Gold Coast Premier League. Not too sure how they would fit in to the pyramid but.

Nah sorry I don't use steam.

I've done northern thunder tonight so will try to catch up on the other teams tomorrow night after work and maybe a release?

Deadfn: if you've got time would you be able to find the managers of south Australian teams and WA teams and even the Brisbane leagues and the Nsw and victoria leagues? Would be greatly appreciated and reduce the time till the next release.

Archived