[FM11] WCC - World Club Cup

Zsolt

Last updated November 18, 2010. The final version is now available to download!

World Club Cup (WCC)

Here is the new version of World Club Cup. It is updated to Football Manager 2011, patch 11.1.

WCC is an "international Champions League" where the league champions of many of the world's countries meet in a big knockout cup. To be precise it is 128 teams from just as many nations. There are a lot of teams, and the charm about this cup is that there are no seeding rules, and that every team is only seven wins from calling themselves THE WORLD'S BEST CLUB. The prestige in WCC is big, and so is the money. If you question the prize money, then I will let you know that it is the Arab sheiks who are the sponsors!

Countries

The clubs are from these nations:

Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, England, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Holland, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, North Korea, Northern Ireland, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Samoa, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan (findes), Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wales, Yemen.

The real world national champions will enter the World Club Cup. From season 2 the teams may change randomly, except those countries you have loaded. In these countries the champions will of course enter.

Match Days

Round 1: August

Round 2: October

Round 3: December

Round 4: January

Round 5: February

Round 6: April

Round 7: May (FINALE)

Round 1-4 will be played at the home team's stadium. Round 5-7 will be played on neutral stadiums.

Cup Rules

• Every round is one match (no second legs)
  • No seeding
  • Draws will decide who will play home/away
  • Match days: Friday (matches will be postponed if necessary)

Match Rules

• Drawn matches go to penalties
  • Subs: 3, bench: 7

Prize Money

Listed is the prize money for both a win or an exit from each round.

Round 1

3,000,000 GBP

1,000,000 GBP

Round 2

6,000,000 GBP

2,000,000 GBP

Round 3

9,000,000 GBP

3,000,000 GBP

Round 4

12,000,000 GBP

4,000,000 GBP

Round 5

15,000,000 GBP

5,000,000 GBP

Round 6

18,000,000 GBP

6,000,000 GBP

Round 7 (FINALE)

25,000,000 GBP

10,000,000 GBP

Install

Place the XML-file in (Windows XP) Documents and Settings/(username)/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/editor data

When you start a new game, then make sure you have ticked "on", when you see the popup box asking which database you will start a new game with.

Download

Zipped download http://www.filefront.com/17590576/WorldClubCup2011.xml.zip

Next version

Please, if you have some suggestions for the next version. Whether it is about the number of teams, the prize money or something third please let me know!

Yeah, you can now do this as a continental competition seperate from a specific country.

You can also make sure it's the winner of the competition that goes into it rather than the team with the highest Rep.

edit: Just checked and you can't actually do that. You can only add nations from the same continent. So that needs added to the FAQ.

Looks pretty good.

Just a quick question though,

Would it get added to the fixture list each season along with the FA Cup, Premier League etc?

Yes. WCC matches will be moved if they conflict with other league/cup matches.

Yeah, you can now do this as a continental competition seperate from a specific country.

You can also make sure it's the winner of the competition that goes into it rather than the team with the highest Rep.

edit: Just checked and you can't actually do that. You can only add nations from the same continent. So that needs added to the FAQ.

You can use "world" as a continent.

In the beta I created a tournament with teams from Brazil, Portugal and Angola and set world as the continent, so the tournament appeared in the same part of the screen as the Club World Cup.

One thing I don't like is when ever a team from England plays, all matches in the Premier League are postponed

Sorry about that, but I don't think it can be avioded. The match schedule is already pretty pack, especially in England :-)

hi zsolt can you please upload to a diffrent site please as i cant downoad from filefront thanks mate

Yes of course. I will try to finish a new version today. A version where you don't have to choose England to be able to play this competition.

Edit: TODAY (Nov 18) I WILL TRY TO FINISH IT... Sorry for the delay, just caught up in work :)

i cant download it :(

hi mate seems to be a problem with filefront, but all u gotta do is copy all the writing that come up after u press download now then paste it into a notepad file an call it something like world club cup.xml make sure its . xml or it wont work then put that notepad file into your editor data folder which will be in my documents-sports interactive. ( you may have to create an editor data folder)

EDIT heres the link just copy all the writing in the white bit

http://media1.filefront.com/personal/0/101118/86f911008/WorldClubCup2011.xml?b17f4b620c6cf1393ffa644e1deea151435ecc76095f73169c29716b5f121689eccffba34ae3277d0d1c7dd8162ea45535be414804a77afa581bb3a4379e76c68e03dc3f4eb97384d3cf4f60dae8d429dbb8dfd3d9d8291f6922cbc290d90b79e8c4775654d55ba82f7e5182da67e4b10029211be75b8875d61fbee3b4

Yes, you are right. No matter which country you load this cup will show up.

Thats brilliant. I enjoyed this cup so much that I didnt download the extra English leagues last season. This year I can have both! Cheers for that! :)

I am sorry for the ignorance, but how do I make this work? I've installed it correctly, and now all I have to do is to start a game in whatever nation I like? and where does the competition show up? and what if I want to manage one of the champions of the real small countires, which leagues we can't play?

No you can load any nations you like, but don't forget when choosing the database when starting a new game you thick changes box. On the next screen you choose the competition of the World Club Cup. Then load any leagues you want to manage.

Looks like a fun tournament. I've added it to a new save with Debrecen in the Hungarian league to test it.

Personally, I think the prize money is pretty over the top, and I might edit it down. Even with a rich oil sheik, that's still a total of 1 billion pounds in prize money per year. For the champions of the smallest national leagues, the 1 million pound prize money just for losing the first round would probably be more than the total turnover of their entire league. It probably won't make too much difference in the non-playable, non-active leagues, but for smaller active leagues this could have a pretty distorting effect. You might see the current champion get well entrenched in a league like Slovenia if they make it a couple rounds into the tournament and gain a huge economic advantage over the rest of the league.

EDIT: Noticed a small error in the current prize money for round 4. There is an extra zero in the loser prize money, which earns a payday of 40 mil if you go out at that stage. Better than winning the whole thing! ;-)

Looks like a fun tournament. I've added it to a new save with Debrecen in the Hungarian league to test it.

Personally, I think the prize money is pretty over the top, and I might edit it down. Even with a rich oil sheik, that's still a total of 1 billion pounds in prize money per year. For the champions of the smallest national leagues, the 1 million pound prize money just for losing the first round would probably be more than the total turnover of their entire league. It probably won't make too much difference in the non-playable, non-active leagues, but for smaller active leagues this could have a pretty distorting effect. You might see the current champion get well entrenched in a league like Slovenia if they make it a couple rounds into the tournament and gain a huge economic advantage over the rest of the league.

EDIT: Noticed a small error in the current prize money for round 4. There is an extra zero in the loser prize money, which earns a payday of 40 mil if you go out at that stage. Better than winning the whole thing! ;-)

The money is definetly unrealistic, but I made it this way to make it easier for smaller teams (for example Debrecen in Hungary) to earn some money and develop in continental games.

Thanks for the error notification - I will fix it later today and upload a newer version :)

Hi, how do you create the third placing match in the cup game?

Either it's under Continental rules or under Competitions.

how do u unzip a folder

Get Winrar...

Anyway... I have a Cup winners cup if there's interest...

I was considering changing the rounds to 2 legged ties although I was concerned that this could mess the fixtures up? Before I make any changes I was wondering if anyone tried this?

I'm also considering making a 3rd place play off so I can make the final/3rd place playoff the final games of the season.

• 1 month later...

hi, I was just wondering if this replaces any of the cups/leagues or if it is a new competition? I only ask as I usually have around 70 leagues running in a save.

Also, since I'm new to running edited databases....can I run this with another edited database as I run the Welsh leagues activated down to level 5?

As an improvement, wouldn't the first 4 rounds work better as 2 leg affairs? I'm just thinking that I'd like to be able to earn some gate reciepts before getting beat in the first round with my tiny club.

• 11 months later...

Archived