FM10: Cristian Zapata (Zebra with a giraffe's neck)

bir_h

Well done for using the corner exploit?

He is a good player but his lack of important mental stats always put me off

Isn't the corner exploit for that lurk outside area??

Why would I make Zapata take long shots lol

I'm using the Mr Hough and JP Woody tactic, made no changes to it, so if that tactic already has the corner exploit for far post headers then I guess, but I thought the only corner exploit was that lurk outside area thing.

Just look at the past 5 games, I almost want to take him off headers cause its getting too easy lol.

Almost want to take him off? Why only almost, surely it should be a given... :confused:

Nobody likes a cheat.

I found he was often left wanting at the back, but with a very good, intelligent partner his assets like pace, tackling and aerial ability could be very useful.

Almost want to take him off? Why only almost, surely it should be a given... :confused:

Nobody likes a cheat.

I found he was often left wanting at the back, but with a very good, intelligent partner his assets like pace, tackling and aerial ability could be very useful.

Why do you guys think I'm cheating? Why would I make a thread if I got those goals via cheating lol

No, its far post headers iirc

I'm using Mr Hough and JP Woody tactic, didn't make any changes to it, didn't know it already had the corner exploit built into it, well then in that case, I guess I was in the wrong. My apologies.

Due to the nature of corners it's very easy to exploit them if you try and be too specific. It's also very easy not to exploit them, it's not hard to spot an exploit and if you do then why would you leave it like that? Exactly, because you wanted to cheat.

Well I used this exact tactic with Chelsea for 3 years with John Terry on far post headers and he averaged around 8 goals per season. So I never thought it was an exploit now when Zapata went off on the exact same tactic. Thats when I went wow and decided to make this thread.

So if i'm not mistaken, there are really 2 different corner cheats on 10.3 ? The lurk outside area and the far post headers?

I am sorry I didn't know that the Mr Hough tactic already had that corner exploit in it, as I never yielded such results with Chelsea over the 3 seasons, so I never though it was a corner exploit.

Delete thread.

15 goals in 16 apps, better than alot of strikers...

It's obviously the corner cheat.

If you aren't using the corner cheat please show us how many goals from corners you've scored in the team stats

I never denied I didn't score those goals via headers, how else can he score so many lol.

I said its mostly far post headers, and assisted by D' Agostino, but I just didn't know Mr Hough tactics had a corner cheat on them.

There are my corner tactics, been like this all year with Udinese and before 3 years with Chelsea, with of course different results

udinese5.png

So if i'm not mistaken, there are really 2 different corner cheats on 10.3 ? The lurk outside area and the far post headers?

For some reason every setup that nets you goals from corners more regularly than once in a blue moon with pigs flying by is considered a cheat here.

I'm using the far post routine as well and I'm getting realistic numbers with excellent set piece takers and aerial monsters like Fellaini or Lacina Traore. Maybe the actual exploit is not the set piece setup at all, with the "Lurk outside" routine the huge numbers seem to appear only for players with the "Shoots with Power" PPM for example.

the corner aim of the "big time exploit" is not even far post...but then again, some ppl would argue that a set corner aim other then "mixed" is an expliot in itself, to be honest if i had suitable players, I could prolly set up a near post corner routine that neted my best header 10-25 goals a session

my point here would be that its very difficult to score unrealistic amount of corners using heading on 10,3, but that numbers on the "best header" can get awefully inflated with a set corner aim

so back on topic, Zapater is a class player, should try to use him at a save sometime

Boo to the corner cheat! Ruins a game, why would i want a CB on par or infront of my best striker in goals scored?

On topic, Zapata is a fantastic player regardless of his mentals. I was always put off by them but bit the bullet and bought him for my Ath. Madrid side and he was amazing and so consistent.

Definently recomended :thup:

Mr Hough's tactic uses an exploit? So why exactly is this guy being praised as some sort of tactical guru?

Boo!! Hiss!! :mad:

Cheaters :mad:

That's the thing, I had no idea there was a far post corner cheat, I thought the only corner cheat was the lurk outside area one.

But the setup in Mr Hough's tactics, when I used with Chelsea was Terry getting like 8 goals a season, so again that reinforced my belief that there was no corner cheat in Mr Hough's tactics, but with Zapata when I started scoring so many, I decided to create this thread to let everyone know how good he is on corners, cause his acceleration is top notch and so is his jumping so he always gets to the ball before anyone else when told to attack far post, but apparently the tactic was a cheat, even though it resulted in 8 goals a season for Terry for 3 years straight.

That's the thing, I had no idea there was a far post corner cheat, I thought the only corner cheat was the lurk outside area one.

But the setup in Mr Hough's tactics, when I used with Chelsea was Terry getting like 8 goals a season, so again that reinforced my belief that there was no corner cheat in Mr Hough's tactics, but with Zapata when I started scoring so many, I decided to create this thread to let everyone know how good he is on corners, cause his acceleration is top notch and so is his jumping so he always gets to the ball before anyone else when told to attack far post, but apparently the tactic was a cheat, even though it resulted in 8 goals a season for Terry for 3 years straight.

My comment was more aimed at Mr Hough than you tbh. He's held up as some tactical god which is clearly nonsense now that I know this.

• 1 month later...
Well done for using the corner exploit?

He is a good player but his lack of important mental stats always put me off

At 22, he can still be tutored to raise up the Determination.

I think Concentration and Decision making will go high enough to be decent over the next few years.

Mentally he isn't that bad at all.

For some reason every setup that nets you goals from corners more regularly than once in a blue moon with pigs flying by is considered a cheat here.

I'm using the far post routine as well and I'm getting realistic numbers with excellent set piece takers and aerial monsters like Fellaini or Lacina Traore. Maybe the actual exploit is not the set piece setup at all, with the "Lurk outside" routine the huge numbers seem to appear only for players with the "Shoots with Power" PPM for example.

I use pretty much the default settings (swap a few players around due to playing them unusually, e.g. Kadlec as target man) and I nearly always get top in goals from corners, by a good distance. It is not hard to score from corners if you let your CBs up and have decent headerers on the wings.

Archived