I want to end my season wihout recieving a single goal!!!!!

So are your images meant to show that you have not scored yet, or not conceded yet ?

If it is the latter, then IMHO it's a load of bull. No one over the course of a season, no matter how good their squad is will ever manage to never concede a goal.

Undefeated season ? YES

Perfect lg season (winning every game) ? EXTREMELY DIFFICULT in any division, but not beyond the boundaries of possibility.

Nil conceding league season ? Without cheating (saving the game after every match where you don't concede, and then playing the following match time after time again until you don't concede) NEVER.

O ye, of little faith, bit harsh shooting him down. I reckon it could be done, if it was your sole purpose in the league, just to not conceed, you wouldn't be able to win an awful lot but with the right defensive setup, I think its possible.

Yeh... But is the Italian league the right place to attempt this???

I think... maybe it could be. It's not as attacking as the other major top leagues.

I think... maybe it could be. It's not as attacking as the other major top leagues.

I want to give it a go myself, just haven't got time to play FM this year. I wouldn't bother with strikers, I have one AMC instead, a defensive winger or wing back playing the MR and ML positions to break up play before it gets to far into my half, two DMC's, and a 5 man defence, either with a sweeper or the central defender to close down while the other two cover.

I've thought this through to much for a game I've barely touched since it came out:D

On FM 2010 it simply can't be done IMHO.

The ONLY place it ever could be done, and the ONLY team it ever could be done with, was CM4 with Florentia Viola in Serie C2C.

Florentia were/are Fiorentina, and due to various reasons, were demoted to the nether regions of Italian Football. However on CM4, they kept their renowned status and so with the right free transfer acquisitions at start of game, sold to the right clubs. It WAS/IS possible to get about 50 million quid available to spend before kick off of the 1st season.

Granted, I wasn't able to sign superstars from anywhere, other than acquiring Todorov and the defender from Valerenga who was on loan from Flora. But I was able to sign players that would have stood their own in Serie A if I had been there. And given that every club just wanted to defend against Florentia in that division and v rarely went forward. Therefore after a few hundred attempts, I once did have a perfect league season, and a nil conceding season at the same time. But such a situation is hardly likely to arise with Florentia anywhere again methinks. And therefore a nil conceding record by any other team on any other edition is completely beyond the boundaries of possibility.

I want to give it a go myself, just haven't got time to play FM this year. I wouldn't bother with strikers, I have one AMC instead, a defensive winger or wing back playing the MR and ML positions to break up play before it gets to far into my half, two DMC's, and a 5 man defence, either with a sweeper or the central defender to close down while the other two cover.

I've thought this through to much for a game I've barely touched since it came out:D

I can see it now.

P38 W0 D38 L0 GF0 GA0 GD+-0 Pts 38

With a record like that though yo wouldn't be safe from the drop either... :p

On FM 2010 it simply can't be done IMHO.

The ONLY place it ever could be done, and the ONLY team it ever could be done with, was CM4 with Florentia Viola in Serie C2C.

Florentia were/are Fiorentina, and due to various reasons, were demoted to the nether regions of Italian Football. However on CM4, they kept their renowned status and so with the right free transfer acquisitions at start of game, sold to the right clubs. It WAS/IS possible to get about 50 million quid available to spend before kick off of the 1st season.

Granted, I wasn't able to sign superstars from anywhere, other than acquiring Todorov and the defender from Valerenga who was on loan from Flora. But I was able to sign players that would have stood their own in Serie A if I had been there. And given that every club just wanted to defend against Florentia in that division and v rarely went forward. Therefore after a few hundred attempts, I once did have a perfect league season, and a nil conceding season at the same time. But such a situation is hardly likely to arise with Florentia anywhere again methinks. And therefore a nil conceding record by any other team on any other edition is completely beyond the boundaries of possibility.

You tried a few hundred times?!

That's just insane :D

i only conceded 2 goals in the league and 5 overall with champions league F.A cup and league cup combined. This was in my 3rd season with arsenal. And my only goals came from lousy teams actually. I won all my games but 2 which i drew.

It's very possible but extremely hard because players will get over confident at some point and you can easily draw or let in a lousy goal specially from extremely weak teams.

You tried a few hundred times?!

That's just insane :D

I am a perfectionist, and at first wanted to see if it was possible to get a perfect lg season, in BOTH Serie C2C and the English Conference, at the same time.

I would lob players I bought with Florentia's money into a Conference side too, as well as keeping a batch in Italy. I sometimes managed the feat of getting them both perfect lg seasons, but more often than not, i would always have at least one game in both Italy and England, where the AI would make it extremely difficult for me and I would get a draw and have to start the season again.

however one of the times I managed to get them both perfect, was also a time when in C2C I conceded no goals, due that fact that they had a super rep and the other teams had crap reps and th4 just went for a draw every match.

In the Conference, no goals conceded was an utter impossibility, so there my aim was scoring 300 or more league goals in the available 42 lg games.

I think I got it down to about 8 goals conceded in Serie A on FM08 (and this was worse than this version because any free-kick on the edge of the area was guaranteed to go in even if a centre-back with the technique of an elephant hit it), but then again at the time I did have the best goalkeeper and centre-backs in the game, and a strikeforce that would often hit 4 quickly so the opposition quickly retreated into its shell. Probably not going to happen again any time soon though...

You cheated ? Becouse i don't think you so great player becouse you don't know how to upload pictures... lol...

i did upload the images

check the 20th post

and i wont cheat when i concede i will let you know

i didnt say i will do it i said am going to try to do it :cool:

Archived