In-Game Kit Designs + Personal Areas

I'm a keen gamer on football manager games and I usually play quite a few seasons on one game.

As football manager gets new features every year, I think would it be possible to have an in-game kit designer tool which allows you to change the kit design during the end of the season? I'm not sure what other viewers/users may think on this but I think that it would be better to allow the user to create various kit designs for different seasons than sticking to one kit design throughout the whole game.

Another possible feature that users could have, is their personal area outside of the game i.e. housing, vehicles etc. It could work along with the media part of the game and what I mean by that is if you decide to do something, the media could pick up on it and release stories in the news.

Cheers

:)

Right,

1) Does a manager in real life actually design the kits? I dont think so.

2) "Personal areas" have been discussed before as a feature and are probably this years big gimmick in FIFA manger. Adding to that, i dont often seen headlines in the papers about managers buying houses, or cars!

Not for me thanks........... ever!

Right,

1) Does a manager in real life actually design the kits? I dont think so.

2) "Personal areas" have been discussed before as a feature and are probably this years big gimmick in FIFA manger. Adding to that, i dont often seen headlines in the papers about managers buying houses, or cars!

Not for me thanks........... ever!

Don't you find it boring playing with the same kit season in, season out?

Don't you find it boring playing with the same kit season in, season out?

Until the 3-d can represent kit changes its kind of pointless! At the end of the day, personally, i support Newcastle, and they have been playing in black and white stripes for 116 years. Man U, Liverpool etc are all the same.

Lol@ above post.

It's a good idea(the thought of choosing kits). It'd be better than the same kit over and over, yes. And the fact that we actually get to see them this year(unlike 08 where we didn't see stripes etc.) would enhance the 3d visuals.

I think that, similar to asking us about Pitch Dimensions, we should get to choose between 3 different kits.

Eg/ 1/ Plain Red. 2/ Red and White Stripes. 3/ Same as last year.

It would be a very simple choice, but it would make a change from the same every year.

Personal thing is a load of rubbish. Nothing to with being a Football Manager.

Also, thinking of the above post, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Once every season or two, you come down with an illness, and have to miss a match, and let your assman take over. You could get the flu, from another player, because you've had them stay with the physio to get better etc.

But SI would abuse this, and have us missing the CL final, the FA Cup final, the Carling Cup final, and the biggest matches of the season...

The home kit shouldn't be changing at all. The away kit should change colour and style.

The 3-d match engine only shows the basic style so the home kit should be changing that much because the home kits generally stick to the same syle and colour.

you should be quiet when your saying things like that on this 1-sided forum

people will gun you down for being pro fifa manager.....

Not at all, no-one has been nasty or anything of the sort. Everyone is entitled to their own views, opinions and ideas. This idea is not my cup of tea, but a few others like it to an extent.

Not at all, no-one has been nasty or anything of the sort. Everyone is entitled to their own views, opinions and ideas. This idea is not my cup of tea, but a few others like it to an extent.

then mate you should go read some of the previous topics about this subject :)

I think it would useful to allow some variations on the kit, it would make the team you are managing more personal to you. The home kit obviously would have to be within the constraints of the teams traditional colours, and in some cases parts of the design where they are traditional to that team (for example Airdrie's diamond).

you can change your kit. i seen a nottingham forest fan in their team thread do it. he just done it on paint then uploaded it onto fm.

Was that done when he was part way through a game with them or did he do it, then start up a game with Nottm. Forest?

I'm a keen gamer on football manager games and I usually play quite a few seasons on one game.

As football manager gets new features every year, I think would it be possible to have an in-game kit designer tool which allows you to change the kit design during the end of the season? I'm not sure what other viewers/users may think on this but I think that it would be better to allow the user to create various kit designs for different seasons than sticking to one kit design throughout the whole game.

Another possible feature that users could have, is their personal area outside of the game i.e. housing, vehicles etc. It could work along with the media part of the game and what I mean by that is if you decide to do something, the media could pick up on it and release stories in the news.

Cheers

:)

I see what you are saying mate and agree with most of it.

However, as the second replying poster in this thread states as his first point "a manager would not de this in real life" so i would suggest that the kit should be changed in pre-season but by the board, not the manager.

As for the personal thing i think that this is getting away from the point of the game which is to manage a football team not live the personal life of a manager and what the press say about him/her outwith the game.

Archived