Has anyone actually had an appeal work?

Every time I appeal, in 08 and 09, I get the same message

The FA disciplinary board have considered your appeal against XXX's ban.

They have ruled that you did not have valid grounds for appeal and have upheld the player's one match ban.

Has anyone actually won an appeal, or is it a rather pointless feature with no actual use?

Not yet on 09, but several times on 08 I have had a ban overturned, cuz sometimes the ref does get it wrong, it's like when you criticise the ref and the FA stays silent because they know you were right

I have never seen a ban overturned, but sometimes the FA did 'stay silent' about the matter. Pretty frustrating, even if you are right, they didn't do anything. But then again, that how it is in most real cases as well. Most experienced real life managers will say the same: it's best never to complain too much about bad refs, you can't do anything about it anyway except get punished.

Every time I appeal, in 08 and 09, I get the same message

The FA disciplinary board have considered your appeal against XXX's ban.

They have ruled that you did not have valid grounds for appeal and have upheld the player's one match ban.

Has anyone actually won an appeal, or is it a rather pointless feature with no actual use?

I won an appeal to have a players ban overturned in 09 but in the very next game he got red carded and he was banned anyway :( , he deserved it by the way, he should never have been let off the original ban, he could have built a house with all the yellow cards he had collected.

Every red card, I appeal when given the chance (even if my asst says there's no point) and either fine or warn the guy.

In 08, I ONCE succeeded with an appeal. That's like one in a million times basically, lol.

Every red card, I appeal when given the chance (even if my asst says there's no point) and either fine or warn the guy.

In 08, I ONCE succeeded with an appeal. That's like one in a million times basically, lol.

Wow - a million red cards - you sure like your teams to put everything into tackles!

On 08, yes. 09, I've never even had the chance to appeal yet, to be honest.

On 08 though, I lost the league on the last day to a penalty, received a red card, and said the decision was shocking. The refs kept quite about it, and when I appealed against the card, they still upheld it.

But it has worked prior to this.

Archived