Age Of Regens

I've just started a LLM game in Brazil, and im finding that near enough all of my regens are 14/15

However in my saves in Europe, my clubs regens were 16/17/18

Is there any reason for the change in ages for regens in different countries/continents?

Cheers,

It's probably something to do with the European child labour laws or something, I expect they are more stringent than South American ones

That could possibly be crap, I don't know the answer for sure, but that is my best logical guess :thup:

in my fm2006 game i get 15 year old regens appearing in my barnet team, i have seen 14 year olds in other teams though. I found a killer regen in the welsh under 18 team he was 14 when he started and hes 15 now and hes in the u18 starting lineup his stats make him better than all my youth team players and im top of the league!

EU labour laws state that you can't be employed by a club until the age of 16. There are some loopholes IRL that allow a younger player can be associated with a club and receive a grant that allow clubs to 'sign' wonderkids under this age, but as they are not employed by the club they cannot play for them - even in reserves or U18's

I have a 16 year old playing full time for me, only because I am doing the 1000 appearances challenge, he started at 15 his first game for the club, not bad, but for a striker, he is on a near 24 hour drought, but that can be sorted. Plus he is better than my other strikers anyway :D

EU labour laws state that you can't be employed by a club until the age of 16. There are some loopholes IRL that allow a younger player can be associated with a club and receive a grant that allow clubs to 'sign' wonderkids under this age, but as they are not employed by the club they cannot play for them - even in reserves or U18's

They can in closed age matches (so under 18s would be fine).

Archived