Memory

Just thought i'd inform some of you about my experiences today. Ordered a couple of days ago 2 Gb of Ram for my PC and it arrived from Crucial. Previously I only had 1Gb and my main reason for upgrading was because of FM running so dog slow. Now however its like Roadrunner, so quick. can actually browse the net at the same time without FM taking 3 Minutes.

So i guess the point of my thread is to adivise players with just 1GB of Ram to upgrade and your FM experiance will greatly improve. (I may actually get a season finished today)

Hope I've been of some Help

mkstatto

the jump to 2gb ram always MAKES A DIFFERENCE.

Even with 32 bit with 4gb you can get to use around 3.2 - 3.5gb

actual figure I was quoted was 3.75 on the crucial website when I used their scanner....but that might depend on the motherboard as well.

On this, being somewhat dumb when it comes to the subject, how do you go about adding RAM. Do you have to take you computer to bits??

You don't have to take it to bits as such, but obviously the case will have to come off/apart, after that, the RAM should be easily accessible and easy to remove and replace, either whip the case off and have a quick look or if you're not sure what you would be looking at inside, do a search on Google for your computer or motherboard

On this, being somewhat dumb when it comes to the subject, how do you go about adding RAM. Do you have to take you computer to bits??
You don't have to take it to bits as such, but obviously the case will have to come off/apart, after that, the RAM should be easily accessible and easy to remove and replace, either whip the case off and have a quick look or if you're not sure what you would be looking at inside, do a search on Google for your computer or motherboard

RAM is by far the easiest thing to upgrade. It really only involves sticking a stick of RAM into a slot the right way round until it "clicks" into place. Or if you need to remove some first, you pull the little tabs that secure it into place to release the stick of RAM that's in there.

Most motherboards have 4 slots for RAM, but some have 2 or 3. In my setup I have 4 slots, but have only used 2 of them, each with a 2Gb stick in each. But you could have 4 x 1Gb sticks for example.

Sometimes it can be awkward if there are wires, etc, obstructing the RAM slots - helps if you have small girly hands like I do!

Take the side panel off and you'll see it. It's like a jigsaw in that it will only fit in one place one way!

Archived