Have you returned your FM09?

I returned my game today. Just wondered if any others have done the same yet?

Please keep it civil, I'm sure SI are doing their utmost to fix the bugs and problems with game.

I'm in the fortunate position of having a girlfriend that works for Game Station so I can swap it back later once the bugs are sorted.

With all due respect, this sort of stuff has been covered before and there's no need for another thread.

Also, if you recognise that you're lucky to get yours returned because your GF works for Game Station, what makes you think anyone else will have been so "lucky" unless there are a lot of Game Station GF's :p

With all due respect, this sort of stuff has been covered before and there's no need for another thread.

Also, if you recognise that you're lucky to get yours returned because your GF works for Game Station, what makes you think anyone else will have been so "lucky" unless there are a lot of Game Station GF's :p

I don't recall reading this sort of stuff before.

Nothing makes me think anyone else will be so lucky. You jumped to that conclusion all on your own.

I don't recall reading this sort of stuff before.

Nothing makes me think anyone else will be so lucky. You jumped to that conclusion all on your own.

Well "I'm in the fortunate position of having a girlfriend that works for Game Station" and "I returned my game today", but you're right I don't know how I came to that conclusion :p

Don't take it the wrong way, i'm only saying, not having a go. If you haven't seen a single thread about returning FM to a shop, then you mustn't have been on here much recently

i purchased it... bit disapointed by how many defects there r

but im enjoying it nonetheless and wont be returning it as im patient enough to keep playin with the bugs until patch

Not having a go at oranjeman, but this is the kind of post that makes me wonder if I'm playing a different game. I can see a few minor issues, but none that spoil the game.

Not having a go at oranjeman, but this is the kind of post that makes me wonder if I'm playing a different game. I can see a few minor issues, but none that spoil the game.

The issues I've had are probably mostly down to my PC. I'm not slating the game at all, that's not the purpose of this thread. More to see how many others have had similar problems to the point of not being able to play the game.

But to clarify I've had massive problems with the UI being very slow and the game freezing or crashing. The only thing I was dissapointed with was the 3D match engine.

I rather like the 3D match engine. I've criticised aspects of it, for sure. I'd probably give it 6 our of 10. I can handle that.

I've not had any problems with speed or freezing or crashing, but lots of people have. I think I read a post from someone at SI explaining that they overestimated the average user's specs.

Yes I returned the game, cause;

a) it lags like hell all the time (no matter what I do, tried various fixes provided on this forum).

b) very displeased on how things went with the activation issues.

Maybe I will re-buy it again in the near future. This is the 2nd time I have returned a FM-game.

Yes I returned the game, cause;

a) it lags like hell all the time (no matter what I do, tried various fixes provided on this forum).

b) very displeased on how things went with the activation issues.

Maybe I will re-buy it again in the near future. This is the 2nd time I have returned a FM-game.

a) Given that plenty of us aren't having any such issues, are you sure the game is to blame for this? I'm not saying you are. I'm just asking.

b) I, too, am very displeased about this. But I wouldn't return the game because of it. All it took was a bit of patience and now I am playing the game and loving it.

a) Given that plenty of us aren't having any such issues, are you sure the game is to blame for this? I'm not saying you are. I'm just asking.

I was going to ignore this, if that "answer" would come up, but I cannot seem to ignore it (my bad).

- I updated all my drivers; videocard, soundcard, etc.

- I updated DirectX to the latest version.

- I also tried AMD dual core optimizer (which I didn't need in the past).

- Tried the game in Windows XP x64 and in Windows Vista x64. Same result.

- Killed unused services and deactivated secondary programs which could interfere.

- Cleaned my PC (CCleaner)

- Defragged my harddisks several times (JKdefrag)

- Defragged my registry (Auslogics)

My specs:

AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.85 Ghz

4x 1024 MB Corsair RAM

Nvidia GTX 280 videocard

2x WD 250 GB in RAID 0

1x Seagate Freeagent Xtreme 1 TB

Auzentech Prelude X-fi soundcard

Though my setup is not the newest. Doh. It works great and without problems like higher-demanding games e.g. Far Cry 2, Crysis to name just 2. Heck. Even Grand Theft Auto IV runs pretty good on my PC.

So I give up...

What do you mean 5 installs? I don't understand?

When you buy the game you can install it 5 times, and have to uninstall it on one of the machines to install on anymore.

And as you dont need the disk in to play you cold have kept it installed and got a full refund for the game, then when someone buys it they dont have 5 installs, only 4.

Well, if you've returned it, I assume you've uninstalled the game from any PCs you have it installed on...

And for the record, I've not returned such a fantastic game, no.

Yeah I uninstalled it, I'm going back to FM08 for the time being. I'll keep checking on the forums and when it looks like they fixed the UI problems and lag some people are experiencing I'll get it again. Makes me bitter I can't play the game that so many of you seem to be enjoying without any issues. :(

Whats the point it returning it to get it back later?!

Because in it's current state I can't play it without serious problems with the UI (lag, graphical issues etc...) but hopefully it'll be patched and solve these issues for me. Until then I might as well trade it in for another game. No point having it sitting there on my desk when I can trade it for something I can play.

All I am saying is the shop should be checking how many installs are on there. People wont be very happy to get a game home to find it only has 4 licences, or less if someone has installed it, gave it to their friends to install then traded it in. Someone will get a game that won't work.

Whats the point it returning it to get it back later?!

For the record I think its a great game!

All I am saying is the shop should be checking how many installs are on there. People wont be very happy to get a game home to find it only has 4 licences, or less if someone has installed it, gave it to their friends to install then traded it in. Someone will get a game that won't work.

I didn't realise that, I'll let my girlfriend know too, as she's had a few returned already. How can you check it? I mean once it's installed how does the disk know it's been uninstalled? Doesn't sound possible to me?

Well I haven't returned it as such, I downloaded the demo to see if my PC would run it. It does but doesn't support the 3D match view and is quite slow. Thats not the fault of SI but I think i'll be sticking to FM08 it least until i upgrade my PC.

Archived