Is it worth to wait for the next patch to buy the game ?

grep

If you're a bit unsure about your PC spec and whether it will run it well then I go along with what was said a few posts up and download the demo just to try it. But regarding the quality of the full game well i've not had any problems with it since patching it up, definately the best fm to date imo.

Personally as long as your PC's specs are decent I would buy it now and make sure you install the first patch.

Like most FM games of recent years its normally not at its optimum until a second patch but mine certainly works fine but there are still some well known issues which won't get addressed until the new patch is announced.

You know they should stick with a base version and then just release small expansion packs for a couple of years after for £15. This could be database updates + minor tweaks for things that badly need fixing.

Oh wait that's what they do already, except they charge full whack for it and break things in the process. Silly me :D

There are lots of problems that still bug the heck out of me! To be fair some of these irritations are rare enough for me to say go ahead and buy. I have problems with, on occassion, teams playing in all white kits, officials and keepers are always in white. It's just stupid stuff I hope they clear up in the next patch.

It's solid in terms of gameplay and I'm enjoying. Buy!

I always wait for the January patch. By then most of the bugs (though never all) are sorted out, and the game should be cheaper.

I've done that for past versions, but this year I've jumped straight into it and am enjoying it tremendously.

Though I've seen bugs complained about here on-forum, the only one I've spotted in my game was a graphical glitch in a Preferences screen with no functional impact .. so I'm pleased. I haven't made it deep enough into a game to see how regens turn out, but the thread about it seems to conclude that the majority are fairly chuffed with them .. that alone makes it worth starting an '09 game in my mind!

That said, I'd echo the majority here: play the (patched) demo, and if things like the Match Engine, 3-D view, and improved Assistant feedback are working for you, go ahead and buy it now.

If, on the other hand, you have an FM'05 .. er, '07 .. er, '08 .. save that you're deeply enjoying, continue on with that. Buy '09 when you decide its time to start a new save-game because you aren't having as much fun with that one anymore.

Archived