Champions league defeat?!?

I am playing as Arsenal and got to the Champions League Quarter final. I drew Barcelona and the first leg was at home. I drew 1-1 and later played the second leg. Now get this....

I go 1-0 up and then they equalise taking the game to extra time. Carlos Vela scores to make me 2-1 up on the night (3-2 on agg.) Final whistle.

I praise my players and say great result and then in the news screen it says I lost 5-4 on penalties!!! Couldn't believe it. Anyone else had a similar problem?? I felt absolutly cheated!

Can you still show us the two results and news item that you are out?

You would be best to save your game and then upload it to the SI FTP site.

The only problem is that nowhere in the game does it say I won the game. All results/news screens all say I lost on penalties.

That is my thinking..........a few times I have scored and then noticed it was not given and I look at the score an ask WTF?

It was definatly given because once the clock went to 120mins it was full time and said I had won etc. Went to team talk and then news story "Arsenal pay the penalty"

I will try later on but like I say, nowhere in the game does it register as a 2-1 win. The fixtures/results screen says I lost on pens, as does the news screen.

Go to you fixture screen, click on the result and that will bring up the match day screen - with the result you claim to have produced. Then show us this screen shot. Also what would be helpful would be a match report from the final whistle - the extra time one. Again do this the same way.

Still my guess is that you didn't see your side's goal disallowed, but how you missed the penalties when you have to pick the takers before the game will continue is a mystery to me.

If you revisit the match, you will be able to view the match report and the result after 120 minutes.

Cool I will take a look at that when I get in from work. Ive got a bad feeling it will say that I drew the 120 mins and lost on pens. I will take a look though.

Still my guess is that you didn't see your side's goal disallowed, but how you missed the penalties when you have to pick the takers before the game will continue is a mystery to me.

The game definatly didn't go to penalties because as you say you have to pick the takers and you get to watch them being taken etc. I will post some screen shots this evening.

Right guys, thanks for your help so far. Here are two screen shots from extra time in the second leg. NB the score before "vela goal" (1-1) and the score after (still 1-1). Also, there is no match report for the supposed penalties. It clearly shows that the goal stood but the score didn't change?!?!

Unfortunatly I couldnt screenshot the media news as I am now in the next season.

http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/rr358/eaglesfan1985/

The pic on left is final score and one on right is vela goal. Check it out....

You can see from the screenshot that it is 1-1 so has gone to extra time. THEN Vela scores and Barca kick off but score remains 1-1.

Sorry, I was responding to the poster who queried about Barca scoring when in fact you don't see Barca scoring in your screenshots.

This seems like a bug mate, upload your saved game to SI.

Sorry, I was responding to the poster who queried about Barca scoring when in fact you don't see Barca scoring in your screenshots.

This seems like a bug mate, upload your saved game to SI.

Np mate. Do you know where I can do that? HAd a look through the forums and can't find it.

For anyone that's interested I have put 2 more screen shots in - from the match summary of legs 1 and 2.

http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/rr358/eaglesfan1985/

well eagles.

i think youve found a candidate for

"the gayest bug ever award!"

hope i dont get it, that would just really really **** me off..

lol mate. Whenever I play this game I prepare for the bullsh*t that you get in this game but that was not funny. Thinking Im through to the semi's and BAM. There comes the bs!

Archived