Is there any difference between managing a big club and a small club?

Say you are managing Manchester United, would you notice any difference if you were managing Hyde, in terms of:

(i) The press conferences. Are they tailored more to whoever you manage, ie, more journalists, media and questions if you are Man U.

(ii) The stadiums. Does Man U look more like a big teams stadium? Or do all the stadiums have that generic look? Has anyone tried making their own stadiums, I believe it is possible.

(iii) Match sounds. Is there a noticeable difference between the sounds at a Man U game compared to that of Hyde?

Well, these are pretty 09 specific so Ill relate my experiences:

i) Yes, less journos turn up, usually just the local guy who might be nice or might be a right langer.

ii) There seem to be 3 types of stadium, from small to large. Maybe there are more. Hopefully SI make it so that we can design our own stadiums in Sketch-Up or blender and add them to the game, much as we have done with kits and logos.

iii) i play with sound off, cant help on that point im afraid.

Can anyone tell me, are there actually visible fans in the stadiums on this game? I think my laptop isn't COMPLETELY up to gear with this edition so there is just a white canvas in the stands...

The 3D match engine is laggy on most systems anyway - imagine how it'd run if there were 30,000 little men in the crowd! ;)

Hopefully SI make it so that we can design our own stadiums in Sketch-Up or blender and add them to the game, much as we have done with kits and logos.

SI have said that you can make and import 3d stadia, but they have to be a certain type of file (can't remember which but I don't think it was a common one). AFAIK no user-designed ones are yet available for general download.

SI have said that you can make and import 3d stadia, but they have to be a certain type of file (can't remember which but I don't think it was a common one). AFAIK no user-designed ones are yet available for general download.

So once again someone has to do for free what they can't be bothered to do: finish their game for them?

Sounds about right.

So once again someone has to do for free what they can't be bothered to do: finish their game for them?

Sounds about right.

You seriously expect them to model in 3D every single ground in every playable league in the game?!

Think before you speak, you're embarrassing yourself.

You seriously expect them to model in 3D every single ground in every playable league in the game?!

Think before you speak, you're embarrassing yourself.

Erm no but I do expect them to actually put stadiums in, not grey boxes with no textures whatsoever. That's just lazy.

I'm in division 2 Greece managing Atromitos.

I have the same one guy at all my press conferences with the same questions every time.

He has asked me about 30 times in the first 4 months if I think Oliveira will be moving to a bigger club...

This is realistic. Teams have the same beat writers covering them every day, and they do ask the same seemingly stupid questions every interview/conference/junket. I'm sure any real life manager will confirm this.

Erm no but I do expect them to actually put stadiums in, not grey boxes with no textures whatsoever. That's just lazy.

Have you seen the problems that some people even with high spec machines are having with getting the 3D to run smoothly? Now imagine how much worse that would be if the stadia were highly detailed... Maybe it's something for the future, but at the moment people don't expect to have to have the latest ninja graphics card to run FM.

1. Yes there are fewer journalists like some have said.

2. theres 2 or 3 stadium sizes... so slightly different and yes users can make the stands and someone from SI said the tools you can use to do this in 1 of the blogs!

3. There is a noise level difference depending how many people are there! :)

Its good enough for the first version :thup:

I suggest gubbs buy Fifa Manager 09, where the teams, players, tactics and over all feel of management are not as spectacularly as spot on as Footie Manager. But it does have shiney shiney stadiums for his simple demeanour.

This is realistic. Teams have the same beat writers covering them every day, and they do ask the same seemingly stupid questions every interview/conference/junket. I'm sure any real life manager will confirm this.

Just as a fan of a small club in a small town (Cork City FC), I can confirm that we mostly have one bloody journalist and he's usually clueless. Take a bow, Noel Spillane.

Archived