This is Ace! - Regens

Neb

How is it a bug ??

Anyway yeah iv noticed that there is a lot more young players with great potential coming from scottish teams and iv also nicked a few gems from bohemians in ireland for my celtic team.

Its a bug because in Scotland for some reason they are promoted but not signed to a contract. That means no compensation fees are paid... It also means that if you get in early, their reputation is very low so a team like mine can promise them first team footy and actually get them!

Its a bug because in Scotland for some reason they are promoted but not signed to a contract. That means no compensation fees are paid... It also means that if you get in early, their reputation is very low so a team like mine can promise them first team footy and actually get them!

Didn't know that was a bug. I remember signing a really good 15yr old from Rangers to Manchester United (won't name names - he wasn't a regen) for absolutely nothing.

Gotta say though, regens look MUCH better this year! \o/

I've just discovered a problem..... My idiotic chairman sells them when he gets a reasonable bid... rubbish! Its all part of the game though I suppose.

at least it's all profit (ignoring wages).

£250k.... Apparently its the most amount of money the clubs ever had offered for one of its players...

Its my own fault though, he's the lad that came through my own academy, he was down as a 'hot prospect' instead of 'indispensible'... they probably would have been scared off (or at least offer a shed load more) if he had been.

Ah well, 'tis but a game

Hmm... I notice all your newgens are only one footed...

Thats a good point, I hadn't spotted that before.

Probably down to me scanning their attributes and offering contracts to any that look good. I guess if they are two footed their attributes wouldn't look so good so I would have just skipped over them...

I must remember to check their feet next time!

James Mackay moved to doncaster for £250k + 40% of future fees, so not that bad I suppose... The funny thing is though (it must be a bug as it can't happen in real life) when I click on personal under general happiness it says that

"Feels he might be good enough to play for England after being in the country 5 years"

Not only has he turned his back on the club that brought him through the youth ranks, it seems he's turned his back on his country of birth too!

James Mackay moved to doncaster for £250k + 40% of future fees, so not that bad I suppose... The funny thing is though (it must be a bug as it can't happen in real life) when I click on personal under general happiness it says that

"Feels he might be good enough to play for England after being in the country 5 years"

Not only has he turned his back on the club that brought him through the youth ranks, it seems he's turned his back on his country of birth too!

Well that's not necessarily a bug. it *COULD* happen in real life providing he's not played for his own country yet, just doesn't happen too often (at least recently). But there must be examples in the past of Irish, Welsh or Scottish people who've moved to england at a young age and got into the English national team instead?

I thought there was an agreement that a national of one home country couldn't play for another. The only way this would be possible was if he had an English parents or Grandparents.

This lad wasn't scottish and english (as he would be if he had english parents), he was just scottish. Its the fact that he had to be there for 5 years, that implies that he would need to gain nationality. He can only play for another home country if he was born with links to it.

A non british player is different.

I've already posted it in the Bugs forum and its been noted.

I think the issue is to do with new youth players not being treated like youth, so they have no contract. I also can train them as full team members not 'youth'.

I thought I'd mention it here, as its quite good fun to take advantage of!

Archived