Ridiculous Transfer System: Players Out/Sold from the SPL!?

Please bear in mind my arguement is all of this being ridiculous relative to the SPL.

I'm currently only 2 months into my own game having not had enough time to play FM over the weekend. As Celtic i managed to sell Stephen McManus 1 week into the game for £12.5m to Blackburn which i thought was rather excessive.

My mate however, has completed a full season (he doesn't post on the forums).

As Rangers his major transfers are (player value / sale value):

January

Nacho Novo 1.5m / 5m

DaMarcus Beasley 800k / 6m

Kris Boyd 3m / 7.5m

Barry Ferguson 4m / 10m

Steven Whittaker 2m / 10m

38.5m for 5 players only 6 months into the game?

Summer 09

Andy Webster 600k / 5m

Steven Smith 700k / 6m

Sasa Papac 1.2m / 6m

Pedro Mendes 2m / 7m

Steven Naismith 2.5m / 8.25m

Kevin Thompson 2.5m / 15m

Kyle Lafferty 3m / 15.75m

Steven Davis 3.5m / 17.5m

80.5m for 8 players from the original Rangers squad?

In 1 season he's managed to raise £120m+ from the original squad - in the SPL! In my view that is simply ridiculous!

I know some of the figures above may be realistic (7.5m for Boyd, etc) - these have just been included to show how much money he has managed to make.

In Scotland, how can you possibly sell a player worth 3.5m for 17.5m? Seriously.

I thought the Transfer System would have been changed in co-ordination with the Finances which SI say are now relative to each country/league?!

If 'your mate' could offer some proof of these transfers by posting up a savegame at various points for these transfers, then we can have a look at it.

Please don't. The AI still completely stiffs us on transfers, but we can finally start to get a little back by fleecing them a little. If you give SI the save they're bound to try and adjust it, when for the first time ever it's ok.

We'd much rather you post saves of injuries, or long punts from the goalie leading instantly to a goal, or the Real Manager declaring his interest in Luka Modric every other day for what felt like a month. Oh wait that last one is just me :)

VB

If 'your mate' could offer some proof of these transfers by posting up a savegame at various points for these transfers, then we can have a look at it.

Hopefully not a problem, he doesn't have an internet connection so i'll have to get them on a disk/flash drive.

not sure how he has managed that, because I am rangers and cant get anywhere near that sort of cash for my players :S

He has a similar way of selling players to myself.

In my game, here is the steps i take (probably the same as everyone else mind you):

> Mark Wilson is worth 600k

> Transfer List him with an unspecified price-tag

> Continue 2/3 days to create interest (check his transfer page - 7 clubs are interested)

> Offer to clubs for 5m

> Bids start coming in (usually a few for money over time and a couple of cash up front)

> Sold him for 5m to Sunderland.

Please don't. The AI still completely stiffs us on transfers, but we can finally start to get a little back by fleecing them a little. If you give SI the save they're bound to try and adjust it, when for the first time ever it's ok.

We'd much rather you post saves of injuries, or long punts from the goalie leading instantly to a goal, or the Real Manager declaring his interest in Luka Modric every other day for what felt like a month. Oh wait that last one is just me :)

VB

I hear you mate. It should be easy to sell players, but surely if you transfer list a player like Kyle Lafferty in Scotland you would be expecting to receive a similar amount to his current value. ie. 3m (maybe a million or 2 more? - not 12.75m more!)

Its not Fm09 that has the problem.

In 08 i sold Edu in my 3rd Rangers season to man city for £25.75m

Lafferty to Spurs for £5m.. his value then rocketed to £12m after scoring down south a fair bit... and i enacted a sell on clause that got me him back for £5m... i then proceeded to sell him again for £20m a week later.

I hope SI dont adjust that, other than playing Celtic for the SPL and domestic cups every year... its a bit hard to enjoy the SPL.

All these crazy figures make it worthwhile.

And hey....

Hutton to Spurs for near on £10m

Cuellar to Aston Villa for £8m

And Gordon "Chesney" Strachan quoted as saying both Caldwell and McManus are £15m players

Fm suddenly doesnt seem quite so crazy.

I've had a go at trying this just now.

I'm trying to offload Darcheville (valued £375k) and Hemdani (valued £1.3M) so far.

Started using this approach - couldn't unload Darcheville, until I'd gotten the 'Offer to clubs' price down to £1M, then I finally got offers:

En Avant de Guingamp offered £210k up front, £625K over 18 months (Total £835k)

Montpellier offered £250k up front, £750k over 24 months and £275k after 20 goals (Total £1.275M)

Offered Hemdani out at £5M, and got some bids in:

Monaco offered £825k up front, £2.3M over 24 months (Total £3.125M)

Wigan offered £750k up front, £2.4M over 24 months (Total £3.15M)

West Brom offered £1.2M up front, £3.4M over 18 months (Total £4.6M)

A couple of clubs rejected both players as they didn't feel they were value for money.

I've got the save game if needed.

Edit: Also offered McCulloch (valued at £2.1M) for 7M. Wigan came in with an offer of 850K, plus £5.25M over 24 months, plus 775k for scoring 10 goals, total deal worth £6.875M.

The willingness of clubs to come in with offers is thoroughly commendable, it's spot on, but seems their willingness to pay may be a little high...

I've had a go at trying this just now.

I'm trying to offload Darcheville (valued £375k) and Hemdani (valued £1.3M) so far.

Both these players were never mentioned in the post by myself. Obviously this is only going to work with half decent players. I had also mentioned that the transfers were made in January/Summer of 2009.

The only thing that i think is wrong with the Transfer System is -

Fair enough, when you don't want to sell your star players and clubs are willing to pay over the odds then so be it.

When you transfer list a player to get rid of them you should make no more than double what he's worth imo.

Overall, I'd say the transfer system in Scotland is a bit messed up, you socut under 18's and any decent players, even with the likes of Dundfermline, St Johnstone etc are messed up. I was trying to sign Andy Jackson from St. Johnstone, value 20k, and the perth men wanted 250k plus clauses for him, in no way realistic, if any club, and I mean apart from Rangers and Celtic were offered a value that was 3 times the amount they were worth in Scotland, hands would be bitten off.

Overall, I'd say the transfer system in Scotland is a bit messed up, you socut under 18's and any decent players, even with the likes of Dundfermline, St Johnstone etc are messed up. I was trying to sign Andy Jackson from St. Johnstone, value 20k, and the perth men wanted 250k plus clauses for him, in no way realistic, if any club, and I mean apart from Rangers and Celtic were offered a value that was 3 times the amount they were worth in Scotland, hands would be bitten off.

I've had the same experience, it's a little odd but I have no idea how it can be fixed without making the transfer system in the game tip the other way and be too hard again. Perhaps lower rep teams should not expect anything 20% over the value?

Both these players were never mentioned in the post by myself. Obviously this is only going to work with half decent players. I had also mentioned that the transfers were made in January/Summer of 2009.

The only thing that i think is wrong with the Transfer System is -

Fair enough, when you don't want to sell your star players and clubs are willing to pay over the odds then so be it.

When you transfer list a player to get rid of them you should make no more than double what he's worth imo.

If you read the rest of my post, it did work with Hemdani - I sold him for well over £3M in the end, despite him being a) rubbish, b) transfer listed and c) offered for well over asking price :D

Transfer listed players usually sell below their curent market value while non-listed players will usually sell for more than their current market value. Of course there are always exceptions, but that should be the general rule used by the game. Getting highly inflated transfer fees for average players is unrealistic and makes the game to easy.

Even during periods when big money inflates transfer values, it's usually just the top players that warrant the big premiums.

To add... you should also take a hit when trying to sell a disgruntled player even if he's a star. Look a RVN a few years back. He had a public falling out with Fergie and United sold a solid 25 to 30 goal a year scorer to Madrid for 9 or 10m.

maybe if the player was worth 1m and offered 3m then sure, but 250k from 20k is not really much of a step up when you look at the actual amounts. For a young player I think this is quite fair. Young players should be more expensive anyway to be fair.

maybe if the player was worth 1m and offered 3m then sure, but 250k from 20k is not really much of a step up when you look at the actual amounts. For a young player I think this is quite fair. Young players should be more expensive anyway to be fair.

250k will just about pay the seasonal wages for many lower league sides. So the difference between 20k and 250k can be huge.

why are people moaning about this. Clubs pay over the odds for players all the time. Look at that "Goal Keeper" at Spurs Gomes, that guy has a cheek to call himself a goal keeper and they paid what 7.5 Million. His old club must of been laughing all the way to the bank.

He was considerd "World Class"... until he got to Spurs. LOL.

although in saying that guys, Going into my second season I had to renew a few contracts and Barry Ferguson refused. He was valued at 2.6 millon and I thought I would try to cash in on him rather than lose him for free. So I offered him to clubs for £5 Million and about 4 premiership clubs came in easily with the cash and I sold him for that value. I wonder if I could of got more now :D.

Archived