Going on Holiday bug?

kb77

That wont make any difference to me at all peter!!!! If my save works on someone else's game it doesnt make it work on mine without someone telling me what the cause is and hwo to solve it

The only known cause is using a crack, so you tell us.

That wont make any difference to me at all peter!!!! If my save works on someone else's game it doesnt make it work on mine without someone telling me what the cause is and hwo to solve it

SI want to know if it is a problem with the save game or, if not, there will be a setting somewhere that restricts that, they want to know so if someone asks about this in the future they will know the problem. Uploading will only help, if someone knew we would tell you mate :)

But there is no point in me saving a game one day in and sending it you guys, what exactly can be determined by you from so little??

We can determine what the problem is in a huge number of cases. That's how we fix bugs. I test the game, I notice an error, I send the save game to the developer, the developer fixes it.

I wouldn't hold your breath - it was the same a few years ago when there was another bug caused by a crack. Loads of people came on here and said they'd had the problem with a legitimate copy of the game, but not one of them uploaded a saved game for SI to examine. Quelle suprise.

I wouldn't hold your breath - it was the same a few years ago when there was another bug caused by a crack. Loads of people came on here and said they'd had the problem with a legitimate copy of the game, but not one of them uploaded a saved game for SI to examine. Quelle suprise.

Happened last year with the international's bug aswell. You never know though, he may well be a legal buyer and is suffering due to some bad luck.

I really doubt that SI have put this bug in cracked games.... If they really could determin if a game is pirated/cracked, why would they put such a minor bug as "going on holiday"? Why not bugs like "loosing all games 10-0", "getting sacked after every match" etc? Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that they "punish" people that download the game, but this bug wont stop people that download the game from playing it.... (sorry, bad english)

I really doubt that SI have put this bug in cracked games.... If they really could determin if a game is pirated/cracked, why would they put such a minor bug as "going on holiday"? Why not bugs like "loosing all games 10-0", "getting sacked after every match" etc? Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that they "punish" people that download the game, but this bug wont stop people that download the game from playing it.... (sorry, bad english)

If it was "lose every game 10-0", a pirate would download the game, play 1 match then delete that version and go looking for a better crack.

Subtle "bugs" are better at annoying pirates into becoming purchasers. I know one person who has switched from pirating to buying after the FM08 "pirate bugs"...

Seems like its only a pirate issue, most likely due to them cracking the demo with the holiday mode disabled rather than something SI put into the actual game that only occurs in certain circumstances.

They should just make it so after 6 months it is coded that you lose 6-0 every game.

Because holiday mode is used by crackers to test the long term stability of their cracks. If there is no holiday mode they can't holiday a season in hours to see what the game does one season in (ie sacks you no matter what). Instead they would have to actually play season after season to test their crack. Much more time consuming and likely isn't done. Hence, the problems the pirates are having(see pirates having a headache thread).

Archived