How addicted are you?

I just can't wait, that's crazy! I played 6 different games 'til the end, each time i finish one, i just can't help starting a new one, same team... And I have a life, i created my own company 2 months ago and my first son is 6 months old. So basically, i don't have time for this, but it just won't leave my mind!

Am I just a regular FM addict or do i have a real problem? :)

SI, the demo strategy is great, we all know why. But for addicted players like me, it's just sooo painfull.

TAKE MY MONEY, ALL OF IT IF YOU WANT BUT LET ME PLAY NOW!!!!!!!! :D

Sounds like you're bordering on a bit obsessive. However, if you're old enough and smart enough to start a company and have a kid, you're old enough and smart enough to decide for yourself how much FMing you should be doing. Ask yourself if it's causing any problems in your life or getting in the way of things and if it isn't, you're probably fine. :thup:

So i guess I am experiencing such "dark moments" right now. But why are we talking about "dark" moments? Not so bad to play a football game compared to some other kind of addiction...

Mike, it is causing problems in my life, but I work in the video-gaming industry, so I think there's nothing wrong with that ;)

I'm very soberingly unaddicted at the moment. I opened 3 different FM06 saves yesterday, looked at each and played none of them...let alone FM08 and nevermind the FM09 demo!

Really? I think the new game will re-ignite your passion- you can't have posted 5,000 + times without caring... Go on, give it another try...

I dont know what it is with the newer version of FM but they just seem cluggy to me, not as fast as it used to be, instant click. now it seems theres always a delay, and sometimes I think I can'T be bothered to change tactics for example in a game cos it takes to long, and I have a decent PC so its no that

Its taken 13 years to kick the habit but I'm currently unaddicted, it was an addiction that I didn't really want to kick. I know exactly what made me go cold turkey and that was FM 08, all the teething troubles with it meant I got half way through one season and stopped in disgust. I even patched it but still couldn't bring myself to play it again. To put it in perspective every year with each release I have one save game that I play and play and play, in 07 I was well in the 2020s nearing the year 2030. Results would dictate my mood and determine what time I went to bed (I could never sleep after a defeat) and also led to a replacement computer cabinet after I punched a hole in it following one particularly inept performance (silly boy I know:rolleyes:). Also with FM 07 I drove a 60 mile round trip to a store with a printout from the SI website to convince them to let me buy a copy the night before the original release date.

So thats where I am with the series, I'm a recovering FM junkie who is danger of relapse but I need some convincing following what I consider the major disappointment of FM 08.

Any one else feel the same?

Really? I think the new game will re-ignite your passion- you can't have posted 5,000 + times without caring... Go on, give it another try...

I'll definitely be buying FM09 and, if I get a new laptop on which to run it, I'm sure I'll get excited again, I'm just in a lull at the moment, mostly caused by my hitting a continuous brickwall in my FM08 saves!

Whenever I go back to older versions it niggles me that certain features aren't there that are in later versions so I rarely get back into an older version for more than a few weeks if I get tee'd off with the latest version.

I'll definitely be buying FM09 and, if I get a new laptop on which to run it, I'm sure I'll get excited again, I'm just in a lull at the moment, mostly caused by my hitting a continuous brickwall in my FM08 saves!

Whenever I go back to older versions it niggles me that certain features aren't there that are in later versions so I rarely get back into an older version for more than a few weeks if I get tee'd off with the latest version.

we are very similar. i think exactly the way you do.

ive been an addict since cm3 but i wasnt bothered about the release of fm08 and didnt buy it on release, until a few months before the end of my 3-year law degree i suddenly rediscovered the urge to throw away a 2 goal lead in the last 2 minutes and so bought it (whilst subsequently sacrificing my intention to achieve the qualification im "capable of").. thankfully i managed to calm my playing just before and during exams, but spent all summer playing and have been counting the days till nov 14th for weeks.....

i cant stop playing even right now i dont know what team to be and cant get into a game to save my life yet i try and try again :( and also my laptop doesnt work very well and doesn't let me scroll half the time so it is very frustrating! but still gotta play the game!

I think I may know too much about world football now that I'm older. I used to love finding a class player I knew nothing about. Now I either know who they are or they're not good enough to get excited about. It's probably to do with the way the football world has changed too IRL - almost every good youngster has been snapped up by a top club anyway.

The prospect of buying the 'next Ronaldo' after he'd retired on CM was what made me carry on. I liked it when regens were old players and you'd have to scout their country usually to find them. I've not been impressed with the regens in the FM series, which is why maybe I've not usually gone past 2 or 3 seasons on any of them

my worst addiction came when i bought the psp version and sat on the toilet at work playing it for an hour. not to mention the countless times my girlfriend has got up to go to work and im still downstairs playing on the pc! once me and a mate played continuesly for over 24hrs non stop. that was pretty intense. oh god im so ashamed. i need help.

Im addicted, but Im only young, the youth days are the best for playing video games

im old and it doesnt get easier son, believe me. lol

i only had pacman when i was a kid. now im playing 'dead space', 'fable 2' and 'fallout 3'. ALL days are for playing video games and if my girlfriend moans about me playing FM 09 too much then shes dumped! roll on the 14th!

Archived