3D guarantee

Can i get a guarantee from SI that if i fork out 30 quid for this game that the 3D match engine will work,

Because on my downloaded version it is greyed out, and this has nothing to do with my graphics card !!! how can i play fifa 09 on my laptop but can't get FM 3D match engine working which looks like it has the graphics of playstaion 1 game.

Other than that i'm liking the game but if i can't be sure the 3D isn't going to work i'm not going to buy the full game.

It has nothing to do with the quality of my graphics card, I have never had any problems before with games with much higher quality graphics.

And it seems i'm not the only one having this problem . It looks to be a mistake or oversight by the programmers. i just want to know if it will be sorted out by the time the full game comes out.

Guest mikeytwigge

no just because your graphics card with one game dosent mean it works with another. If your card is listed in trhe system specs that dafuge linked then you can guarentee it will work if it isnt then there is no guarentee but you can still play with 2d and text so it dosent matter really

This is what i have

Sony Vaio

Windows Vista Home Premium

Intel® Core CPU T5300@1.73GHZ

Mobile Intel® 945GM Express chipset family

Now i'm not having a go at you guys but it does matter if i can't have the 3D because then i will not buy it !!!

My laptop is less than a year old and is more than capable to support this game, Like i said there has been scores of ppl who have been unable to get the 3D engine with computers that have specs way above what is needed.

I just want an annoucement before the launch that they have sorted out this problem

ok your disappointed but just think of the amount of different systems there are out there. Yes SI made a mistake with yours but it should be fixed with a patch out on release day. There will always be problems with games at release. Stop moaning about it your problem is solved!

Sorry bemerry but i'm the customer and i have a right to moan about such a huge mistake , surely this should have been spotted . Or was the game rushed so it could be released before Christmas.

Now i'm not one usually to complain but for the 3D engine not to work with Intel chips is ridiculous and i feel for the thousands of dissapointed kids when they get the game and realise they have been given a faulty product.

Sorry bemerry but i'm the customer and i have a right to moan about such a huge mistake , surely this should have been spotted . Or was the game rushed so it could be released before Christmas.

Now i'm not one usually to complain but for the 3D engine not to work with Intel chips is ridiculous and i feel for the thousands of dissapointed kids when they get the game and realise they have been given a faulty product.

exactly and especially as the intel chipset is so commonplace nowadays... lets hope it is fixed in the patch

This is what i have

Sony Vaio

Windows Vista Home Premium

Intel® Core CPU T5300@1.73GHZ

Mobile Intel® 945GM Express chipset family

Now i'm not having a go at you guys but it does matter if i can't have the 3D because then i will not buy it !!!

My laptop is less than a year old and is more than capable to support this game, Like i said there has been scores of ppl who have been unable to get the 3D engine with computers that have specs way above what is needed.

I just want an annoucement before the launch that they have sorted out this problem

How much memory does your graphic card have?

it has happened and there is nothing we can do about it. we know there is a patch to fix it so stop moaning and just download the patch.

it has happened and there is nothing we can do about it. we know there is a patch to fix it so stop moaning and just download the patch.

we dont know for sure the patch will fix it mate

SI havent told us which makes me worry they cant fix it

And they will be right to do so, Because it is in essence a incomplete product they are selling.

That does'nt seemed to have been tested properly.

Like i said i'm not one to usually complain on here and usually most compliaints seem pretty petty , But this is affecting i would assume thousands

The Game is installed on my Girlfriends laptop which is off at the mo , I'm using mine at the moment but i assume as it cost an enough and it's only 9 months old it will be more than enough

You mean you don't know? If that's the case you'll need to check that it has the minimum graphics memory. Cheaper laptops cut corners when it comes to graphics specs, so how old it is is completely irrelevant.

No i mean it's installed on my G/F laptop and i'm on mine at the moment.

Glyn it's a sony vaio which cost over 1000 dollars (bought in the USA) Which is about 600 quid so i wouldn't describe it as cheap.

I know you are trying to stick up (as a moderator) for SI but they got this one seriously wrong , and the link that Buryblade posted has about 60 post's of ppl in the same boat as me.

No i mean it's installed on my G/F laptop and i'm on mine at the moment.

Glyn it's a sony vaio which cost over 1000 dollars (bought in the USA) Which is about 600 quid so i wouldn't describe it as cheap.

I know you are trying to stick up (as a moderator) for SI but they got this one seriously wrong , and the link that Buryblade posted has about 60 post's of ppl in the same boat as me.

You still need to doublecheck the specs, just in case that's where the problem lies. I'm not defending SI where the problem comes back to them, but I'm getting fed up of people who don't have the minimum specs moaning that the demo doesn't work and blaming SI. (I'm in no way implying that that is the case here, I've just trying to get you to check, that's all).

leedsunited21 please just check your specs and get it over with. if its meant to work then wait for the patch, SI should have covered this but they didnt, get over it. they are doing there best to fix it. if they can great. if they cant then the game just wont work with these graphics cards. im in the same boat, but i will get over it.

someone close this thread and people use your eyes for other threads: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54876

Glyn im not having a go at you.

But my graphics card is more than capable to support the graphics. there are going to be tens of thousands of dissapointed people.

The problem lies solely at SI's feet.

Ok, you're disappointed, so don't buy it. End of story.

You seem pretty stubborn and actually set on not buying the game. If you feel it is unfair that you have to download a patch then by all means don't buy the game. But downloading and patching is very common these days. Almost every game that hits the market has patches release to fix bugs and errors. If the game was pretty much flawless and a patch wheren't needed first time around would you not download the january transfer patch either then?

SI have had some issues with getting the 3D to work properly. It's their first stab at 3D and some unexpected errors have occured. Sure this is very annoying to those who are unable to run the 3D, but wouldn't you have bought the game if there where no 3D in it at all? I know I would. The 3D is just a little extra feature which surprised many FM players but most people where eager to get FM09 even before the 3D was announced. 3D or not this game is still the best football manager game on the market and the key factor in this is the match engine. The 3D is actually rather pointless IMO (It's fun and neat but you get the same from 2D).

People are willing to help but you're pretty reluctant as to going into more details about your GFX card. What Vaio model is your laptop? £600 for a Vaio is not expensive at all.

Winto,

Wind your neck in mate, they have been advertising the 3D engine as a main aspect in the game and if it is not possible for a big chunk of the consumer base then SI could get in trouble over this.

Hopefully this will get fixed in the patch ( hasn't been confirmed yet) but the point is it shouldn't be the job of the customer to fix there own game they have just paid over 30 quid for.

SI should have tested it properly !!

I'm not having a go at you Leedsunited21 (;))

It sounds to me like it's this model or something close to it: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-VGN-N385E-15-4-inch-Processor-Premium/dp/B000R7K68C

Sony VAIO VGN-N385E/B - Does this sound familiar?

If it does then you only have 256 video card memory and are thereby below the min. specs.:

"The 15.4-inch WXGA LCD offers Sony's XBRITE-ECO display technology and has a widescreen resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels. The XBRITE-ECO technology delivers brilliant colors and stunning clarity with efficient power usage, and it features an anti-reflective coating to minimize reflection and ensure a beautifully clear image from any viewing angle. Video is powered by the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, which uses Intel Dynamic Video Memory Technology (DVMT) and provides up to 256 MB of shared video memory. It also offers an integrated audio card and built-in Altec Lansing speakers."

Monkezz gob, I'm sure SI don't have the same attitude as you.

And Socdk like i said my Laptop was bought in USA so the same in the uk would cost about 800-900.

Like i said i love FM and have been playing since CM 94/95 , so i have a right to feel a bit dissapointed . and air my views about this fact.

And Socdk like i said my Laptop was bought in USA so the same in the uk would cost about 800-900.

Like i said i love FM and have been playing since CM 94/95 , so i have a right to feel a bit dissapointed . and air my views about this fact.

You have every right to air your views concerning this issue. But right now we're stuck at what specs you have. I have stated that it could sound like you only have 256MB video card mem. on your laptop. The balls on your court now...

Winto,

Wind your neck in mate, they have been advertising the 3D engine as a main aspect in the game and if it is not possible for a big chunk of the consumer base then SI could get in trouble over this.

Hopefully this will get fixed in the patch ( hasn't been confirmed yet) but the point is it shouldn't be the job of the customer to fix there own game they have just paid over 30 quid for.

SI should have tested it properly !!

So what are you actually whining about? Would you like an employee of Sigames to come around your house with the patch on a usb install it for you then make you tea? You either install the patch or you dont, You either want to play the game or you dont. Its YOUR choice whether you accept the help that is offered you. I dont see what your ranting is going to achieve. If your laptop is below the minimum specs then thats a bit unlucky

"Intel X3100 video card with up to 358 MB of shared memory"

Sorry mate. The minimum system requirements to run the game is video memory of 512MB. So in this case it's not SIs error it's your laptop that doesn't quite cut it.

It can be discussed whether or not it was wise for SI to make a 3D engine that would require 512MB of GFX memory, but besides that there's not much to do. You can either accept this and play the game without 3D or just not buy the game. A patch won't help you out.

Like i said i'm not having a go at you guys , but i fail to see how they could make this game and for it not to work with Intel chips surely they are the one of the most used chips in the world ????

For (3d) gaming? Not by a loooooooooooooooong shot. Integrated graphic chips aren't really made for 3d gaming, it's quite simple. They're common, particularly with laptops, they're a cheap and sufficient solution for rigs that don't need a dedicated card, and they can handle some 3d applications, usually older games, but roughly put, that's about it.The dedicated video cards listed at the rock-bottom of the price charts usually grant you better 3d performance. I understand your concerns, particularly since the 3d part appears to be the main draw for you in this version. But I fail to see what's the problem with a patch that'd be about to fix things. Nobody really knows what (and if something) went wrong in the testing stage anyway. To make demands like this, is, however, a bit sily - nothing personal, really.

The minimum system requirements to run the game is video memory of 512MB

No, that's the total system memory required - the 3d engine runs on cards with 128 megs and up (not on all of them, mind you ;) ).

Monkezz gob, I'm sure SI don't have the same attitude as you.

People have tried to help you, but you seem to be unable or unwilling to grasp the following...Depending on your card or chipset it may be...

A known issue with the chipset, in which case you'll have to wait for the release day patch. Or if it's not that you'll have to upgrade your system. Until then you're unable to play 3d and that's about it.

Yes, SI should have resolved this before the demo was released, but it wasn't. However if you're unwilling to download the patch or upgrade your system then there's not much anyone can do for you.

By all means complain, but if you're not prepared to take the advice or help that's being offered by boardmembers or SI, then you're complaints are pointless.

Archived