An idea for FM2010 or possibly FM2011, maybe FM2012 or further, but hopefully one day

An idea I would love to see implemented into the game for more realism would be voice recognition. I know it would be hard probably to implement, but it would be fun to shout out praise or criticism to my players, even though my family would think I am a nutter talking to my laptop, I dont care about looking like an idiot, its too late for me;)

Any thoughts about this?

How about, rather than voice recognition, we get some form of extension on the 3d view. Like an option to view from like a virtual dugout knid of thing! Its not that important though!

Voice recognition technology is out there already, but it is so frustrating! Have you ever called a call centre of some description and had to speak your details down the phone? And then say them again as you get a computerised voice answer saying something like "sorry we didnt understand that"?

Can imagine it now......

Me - "Ronaldo, your playing great, keep it up"

Ronaldo - " Sorry, i couldnt process your request at this time, please try later"

Guest roberto922

Maybe not that far off tbf, I don't like the idea much but the new TOm Clancy RTS game on X360 has voice recognition that works very well so it could happen in the next 10 years.

Never gonna happen. As mentioned, voice recognition is only works well for simple commands. FM is far too complex a game and I'd rather they concentrated their efforts in other areas. You can already get to where you want to within about 3 clicks as it is anyway.

An idea I would love to see implemented into the game for more realism would be voice recognition. I know it would be hard probably to implement, but it would be fun to shout out praise or criticism to my players, even though my family would think I am a nutter talking to my laptop, I dont care about looking like an idiot, its too late for me;)

Any thoughts about this?

Worst idea ever. I can you imagine shouting at the computer for 5 hours?

Any thoughts about this?

Sounds like a bit of a far flung technology due to the range of words that the game would have to understand.

In a similar vein, what I would like to see is have free text based responses to the media automatically uploaded to a SI Games server, where SI could pick some relevant ones and create game responses to those answers (in the form of impact to morale etc as well as additional media questions) to be added via patches. This would lend more depth to the media aspect of the game.

Guest roberto922
I Like the idea, I always liked to shout "Objection!" in a DS game. But with this laziness of SI 2010+ if we are very very lucky.

What the hell are you talking about? I could probably guarantee that they do more work than you. Now stop trolling FFS.

In a similar vein, what I would like to see is have free text based responses to the media automatically uploaded to a SI Games server, where SI could pick some relevant ones and create game responses to those answers (in the form of impact to morale etc as well as additional media questions) to be added via patches. This would lend more depth to the media aspect of the game.

That's a good idea

I Like the idea, I always liked to shout "Objection!" in a DS game. But with this laziness of SI 2010+ if we are very very lucky.

Laziness of SI? What do you mean? FM 2009 has included many hard-to-implement new features that must have taken alot of hard work by the developers. The laziness of your post is perhaps more relevant.

Archived