Apologies to SI FM09 is actually fantastic!

As the title suggests this is an apology and retraction of comments I made in an earlier post at the begining of the week. I was less than courteous about the 3d match engine and various other aspects of the game. Now, after giving the game a proper go and looking at things from a different point of veiw I realise that I was wrong and was probably just making a snap judgement. Sure the graphics and animation are a bit ropey but set to classic view with elevated camera angle and the full beauty of the 3d engine comes into focus and it is very very useful. I WILL be buying the game when it is released as I am now more addicted to this version than any other demo version I have played. Anyone else who was at first unsure about the new 3d view all I can say is stick with it, play around with the settings and I promise you that you will grow to love it.

So once again SI I apologise for my earlier comments, I know that this will mean very little to everyone but it makes me feel a lot better to just say sorry.

Indeed, when I first played a 3D match I thought the graphics were shockingly bad and didn't think much of it. Now after spending some time with the demo it's really grown on me, I've always previously played in split view with the right side as 2D and the right side as my player ratings or anything else I wanted to look at.

Now I find myself using TV view with the widgets a lot. It would be nice if the size of the widgets was adjustable (so I could see all my assistant manager comments at once for example), but the 3D view with elevated is great to watch. And once people start making textures etc. for the 3D engine I'm sure it'll only get better. :)

I still can't stand the sight of the 3D pitch! ;)

Then again - as it has already been said - I should probably just sit down, relax and give it a descent chance because I do admit that I've been quick to judge it (probably because I've had too great expectations about it, out of bare anxiety).

So before I run amok about the 3D pitch and will need to apologize to SI, I'll just give it a proper go! ;)

I actually really like 3D ! It makes the game more exciting in some strange way. It feels like players have personality cause they resemble actual humans instead of just running buttons ....... i might just have strange imagination though lol

I actually really like 3D ! It makes the game more exciting in some strange way. It feels like players have personality cause they resemble actual humans instead of just running buttons ....... i might just have strange imagination though lol

I feel the same...I just don't have relations with running buttons too :D

For a first version the 3D engine is not bad.

In my two games I haven't suffered injury problems but I know many have, I just can't wait for the full game (one week lads) and start Dafuge's challenge for the first time. Also first time I have Pre-ordered the game, I really like 3D and like many here I judged it too quickly but the elevated view is just brilliant :thup:

As to the 3D, is there any way I could make it run any better and more smooth? It tends to lag a bit and run rather unsmooth most of the time? I know it has probably something to do with my computer not being the best around, but that being said can I do anything to help this out to make the best of it?

As to the 3D, is there any way I could make it run any better and more smooth? It tends to lag a bit and run rather unsmooth most of the time? I know it has probably something to do with my computer not being the best around, but that being said can I do anything to help this out to make the best of it?

How much RAM do you have in your computer? I had 1GB and updgrded to 4GB (cos im greedy i didnt really need that much :D i have XP) i would say about 3GB - 4GB depending on operating system being XP or VISTA.

How much RAM do you have in your computer? I had 1GB and updgrded to 4GB (cos im greedy i didnt really need that much :D i have XP) i would say about 3GB - 4GB depending on operating system being XP or VISTA.

My comp has 3 gb RAM, 2 ghz dual core processor and I'm running Vista! :)

Assume that the graphics doesn't matter much (it's a medium level gpx card)?

When I run FM, I press ctrl+alt+delete, set the fm.exe to run high priority. In fm08 it helped pretty much, but it doesn't seem to make much difference in 09!

Archived