Loading All Players

They do 8 GB now? Crazy... I'm gonna buy a new laptop or desktop soon... Dont know which one to get

etc etc... Probably cant afford 8gb ram tell ya that much@!!

The new HP, and Tosh laptops go up to 8GB with 2 x 4GB SODIMM, but you need to have a 64bit operating system on to get to the maximum

Jesus, that's amazing. I've got 4GB and a dual core processor and that's supremely fast so yours must be double that

8GB is pointless unless you are planning to run a small server, more than half of it will forever remain unused if you're a casual user, so no it won't be double as fast :)

thanks buds.. running 8gb RAM and quad core here ;)

The additional CPU power won't help you here, I'm afraid. FM08 is not a threaded piece of software and only uses one core. There also shouldn't be a difference between 2, 4 or 8 GB RAM because the CPU is clearly Football Manager's bottleneck.

The additional CPU power won't help you here, I'm afraid. FM08 is not a threaded piece of software and only uses one core. There also shouldn't be a difference between 2, 4 or 8 GB RAM because the CPU is clearly Football Manager's bottleneck.

FM has had support for threading since about FM06 I believe. Therefore having dual-core does help with FM. As for RAM, it depends whether you have 32-bit or 64-bit operating system. If your system is using all the RAM available to it then an upgrade is always good. 2GB will do as a good base, but having 4GB will give that bit more freedom and allow you to multitask that little bit easier if you like to have other apps running at the same time.

Abaddon, then why has any FM I've been playing only been using 50% or 25% of my CPU time during calculations? There's no difference between FM05 and FM08 (or those in between). edit: about the RAM, my previous configuration was 2x3GHz Intel C2D with 2GB DDR2 and now I'm at 4x3GHz Intel with 4GB RAM ... the game runs as fast as before.

Archived