FM10 idea. Able to start as a International AND club manager.

Not putting it on page 67394,45345345 of the wishlist as it wont be seen.

Anyway i think its about time that with the user i start a game with i can manage both a club side and a international side from game start.

That is all. Thank you.

Does an artist paint a picture then have to explain every part of his thinking behind it?

Course not, but if you need it in simple language here goes.

Why should i be able to do this? Well i can start as any team basically, or as an international team, but not both. In the game if i start as a club i can then take on a nationalk job should it be offered and visa versa just not from the beginning with one manager.

There are no negatives, its well thought out and its thats simple really.

Now back to my art work and testing 09 :rolleyes:

Yeah startin as a nation manager would be good to. Just quick stupid question:

Say I managing Newcastle, I get England job. I can quit Newcastle job and just do England

manager right? I'm assuming you can, still thought I'd ask because I've never done it before...

Yeah getting an opition to coach national side first would be pretty fun to acutally. Good idea!

Cool, I have no problem with it. I don't like the idea as IMO it's unrealistic, but I see no reason why it can't be added in. I'm sure some people would use it.

The minute you add yourself as a manager of hit the continue button the game as a snapshot of football at that time becomes unrealistic. But isnt that the whole point of the game? You can start as a sunday league level footballer, or one with international experience, this is unrealistic also. But the game cannot be 100% realistic to life or it wouldnt be here.

Seriously?

I can't think of one manager who has been manager of a club and country at the same time TBH.

Think you have been kinda proved wrong here in the thread already.

i thought that you could start & manage a club & nation. at least i think i get that option.

Where?

Say I managing Newcastle, I get England job. I can quit Newcastle job and just do England

manager right? I'm assuming you can, still thought I'd ask because I've never done it before...

Yeah getting an opition to coach national side first would be pretty fun to acutally. Good idea!

Yeah, for example at the moment you may start your game with Newcastle and get the England job as well if you apply successfully or are offered it, you could resign at NEwcastle and continue with England alone should you choose. IT would continue to work like this, just with the option of starting with one manager at international and club level.

You can get around it by making two managers and one of them quitting, but that is a bit of a hassle I guess...

You can get round transfering players by adding a new manager at a large club and bidding overly much on all your players you dont want, but i guess thats a bit of hassle and daft isnt it? :rolleyes:

• SI Staff
The wishlist only need's to used for listed ideas, so it's fine here. But you could develop your post. Why do you think we should be able to do this? What are the main reasons?

Are there any negatives?

Wrong. Ideas are best posted in their own threads. Big lists with no details belong in the wishlist thread.

All i would like is more to happen when you resign for example. EG on Real Madrid save im Argentina boss too right. Yet if i resign from Real Madrid there is absolutely no coverage whatsoever. Maybe in 09 a press conference might be held asking why you resigned and i could say "want to spend more time on national side" or "achieved everything i can in 8 years at Real Madrid!

Archived