Owning you club

Unless FM starts modelling all the other expenses you have, like buying a house, food, car, etc, etc it is a ridiculous idea that you can spend all your wages on putting money iinto the club. It's a ridiculous idea even with that, except in a very tiny number of cases down in the lower leagues, because it doesn't happen in real life...pump all your money into your football club while you live in a dustbin.

Wouldn't it be could if you could use you wage to buy the club or pump money into it

Could just imagine the conversations when results went wrong! media Item: It has been reported today that Chelsea Owner Phil Scolari is losing patience with his manger Phil Scolari and has called a crisis meeting. Mean while the Chelsea fans were heard to be chanting for the Owner Phil Scolari to go as they chanted support for their manager Phil Scolari as they don't feel he's been given the right backing from the owner!

I do love those media items that get confused about a player/coach referring to himself or whatever.

My Scunthorpe assistant manager who is also a player (although only ever in the reserves) reported to me that he himself (referred to in the 3rd person though) had a brilliant match for the reserves one day and was the best player on the pitch...nice and modest I thought!

Aye, I do vaguely remember him...one of the few Big Brother series I watched any of! I guess referring to himself in the 3rd person when reporting on a reserve match is better than a guy I had in FM07 who disliked himself - he clearly had deep personal problems! :D

I don't really like this idea. Like people have said before me, the game is called Football Manager and therefore the player should only stick to the Manager side of the game. Plus it wouldn't be very realistic, not many managers buy their own club or pump their wages back into the club do they? Thats like you saying to your boss 'No its okay, you keep my wages for this month' :p lol.

Archived