Man Utd and San Marino

As a man utd fan and san marino fan ( no really ) I want to start a man utd game but be able to influence the san marino national side ( providing good players etc - not manage san marino ).

If I purchase some of the san marino players ( youngsters ) will they maybe be slightly better playing in my reserves than they would at their san marinese clubs. Also if i have load all players from san marino will I maybe get some san marinese regens through Man Utd academy or will i be needing to buy the new regens. Also will some san marinese regens have the ability to be "good"?

Many Thanks.

Will

Make your nationality and the nationality of all you staff San Marinese.

Even with every bit of tweaking you can think of, its going to take a long time before you start seeing results.

Also make sure all players from San Marino are loaded.

Should be interesting in FM09 when you can select your own feeder clubs, that may help in a situation like this.

i was playing the san marino challenge, all SM player loaded, and after a season or 2 a couple of regen wonderkids did come up. One got sold to Juve for about £5m then Barca bought him for £18m or so.

I needed to click through all the SM clubs each season to snuffle out them gems though

Make sure you load all players from San Marino. Send your players on loan to San Marinese clubs, to help raise the profile there, and inject spare cash into them that you have. (If you have £300,000,000 in the bank, buy one of their players for £30,000,000) - that way, they can use the money for Ground and facilities.

Liking a small nation isn't hard to beleive, either. I'm a massive fan of the Seychelles. I've no idea why. I've no relation to them, and I've never even met ayone from there. I just like them. When I do sign-ups in the CSE forum, I make sure I Have Seychelle's as my second nationality. :thup:

Like a few people have said already, make your second nationality San Marinese, this will get you some regens coming through the Man Utd youth academy from San Marino and considering you are playing as Man Utd who have top training facilities and youth system, you are bound to get a wonderkid San Marinese player sooner or later...

Well I like the two extremes. Due to being brought up a Man Utd fan in the early nineties I have obviously been a rather happy fan with what my team has achieved. However as I am half english/scottish both sides of my family said i should support scotland/england. After following scotland which i still do I was aware of a team which were regularly getting thrashed 5,6,7,8-0.

I love the underdog lol.

So i have "supported" san marino for the last 8 years in which I have been present at the following games.

Belgium 10-1 San Marino ( we shouldve scored 2 lol )

San Marino 1-0 Liechtenstein ( This is talked about as much between hardcore san marino fans as the 1966 world cup is here - however we should have lost )

San Marino 0-13 Germany ( this was unlucky for us as any other team would have at least made the goalkeeper work lol ). Seriously we did have one really good chance ( 20 yards out but still a chance )

And Finally the heartbreaking one San Marino 1-2 Rep of Ire - Absolutely Gutted. Ire were awful and its the only game I have ever seen ( inc on tv ) where we really did have a great chance to WIN.

Before Ireland scored in the 99th minute or whatever it was (it felt like it lol) we had two chances where Marani could have again been put clean through but muccioli decided he thought he could dribble like Ronaldo ( he cant ) and would try and score himself ( he didnt ).

But overall the thrill of cheering if your team is "only" 0-3 down cant be replaced.

Well I like the two extremes. Due to being brought up a Man Utd fan in the early nineties I have obviously been a rather happy fan with what my team has achieved. However as I am half english/scottish both sides of my family said i should support scotland/england. After following scotland which i still do I was aware of a team which were regularly getting thrashed 5,6,7,8-0.

I love the underdog lol.

So i have "supported" san marino for the last 8 years in which I have been present at the following games.

Belgium 10-1 San Marino ( we shouldve scored 2 lol )

San Marino 1-0 Liechtenstein ( This is talked about as much between hardcore san marino fans as the 1966 world cup is here - however we should have lost )

San Marino 0-13 Germany ( this was unlucky for us as any other team would have at least made the goalkeeper work lol ). Seriously we did have one really good chance ( 20 yards out but still a chance )

And Finally the heartbreaking one San Marino 1-2 Rep of Ire - Absolutely Gutted. Ire were awful and its the only game I have ever seen ( inc on tv ) where we really did have a great chance to WIN.

Before Ireland scored in the 99th minute or whatever it was (it felt like it lol) we had two chances where Marani could have again been put clean through but muccioli decided he thought he could dribble like Ronaldo ( he cant ) and would try and score himself ( he didnt ).

But overall the thrill of cheering if your team is "only" 0-3 down cant be replaced.

All credit to you mate, i'm glad you enjoy watching them (even if they dont win) :).

lol wee aja.

I put £1 on san marino to win the Euros/world cup before every qualifying campaign begins. You may laugh but I will one day be very very rich ( in the last 7 years we have had 3 games Latvia AWAY and two against Liechtenstein where we havent lost ).

So when you consider that we drew away to liechtenstein 2-2 in 2003 ( i think ) and portugal drew there 2-2 a couple of years later we are not that far away from portugal LOL.

Anyway theres always hope.

In FM09, as you'll be able to recommend a club to be your feeder, if you choose the San Marino side from Serie C and send them some quality players as well as some decent transfer funds, they should rise through the leagues (hopefully into Serie A), where their regens coming through will be improving.

Archived