Club Take Over

I jsut recieved a messaging sayin consortium plans take over.. Ive heard of board take overs happening in the game but never expierienced one.

Is this a good thing? Something to be worried about? Will i become rich like man city because i wouldnt mind lol. will i get sacked and a new manager to come in?

can anyone explain to me what to expect? ive almsot got leeds back up to the premiership and would b nice to become a rich super power in england but getting the sack after all the work ive done wont b to fun. as ive keep my squad average age at 23 and mainly english players.

Later on you should get a message showing their plans.

One i seen one a previous game, "The consortium plans to involve a former player as manager, parts of the media suggest Mark Hatley"

However you may not get that.

just got a message the take over is complete and there thinking about putting a new manager in place? does that mean im about to get sacked?

IIRC, someone (Dafuge?, Nep?) did a test with this and found that if you reload right before the takeover goes through you'll get different results. So if you want to 'cheat', just keep saving the game up to d-day (a few different saves won't hurt either) and then if it doesn't go your way, reload.

Or take it like a purist and buy yourself a pint on the way to the jobs listings....

just got a message the take over is complete and there thinking about putting a new manager in place? does that mean im about to get sacked?

Possibly. I've been sacked before after a take-over.

IIRC, someone (Dafuge?, Nep?) did a test with this and found that if you reload right before the takeover goes through you'll get different results. So if you want to 'cheat', just keep saving the game up to d-day (a few different saves won't hurt either) and then if it doesn't go your way, reload.

Or take it like a purist and buy yourself a pint on the way to the jobs listings....

Same is true of a number of aspects, e.g. decisions to build a new stadium vs planning permission being denied for expanding the old one. I only discovered this because my Bremen game crashed though - first time we went through the season changeover with the board announcing planning permission had been denied, second time they announced they were building a new stadium :eek:

I usually find that they say they are thinking of putting a new manager in charge but they never actually do.

during my first ever takeover at fulham, mickey adams was linked with my job, and being a fresh-faced newbie, i really panicked thinking it would happen. even though i kept my job i've never forgiven mickey adams in real life for making me feel scared to press continue lol. i think i'll always have a personal vendetta against him

Don't mention the word "takeover" to Dafuge... He may burst into tears at the thought of his Staines experience again... ;)

during my first ever takeover at fulham, mickey adams was linked with my job, and being a fresh-faced newbie, i really panicked thinking it would happen. even though i kept my job i've never forgiven mickey adams in real life for making me feel scared to press continue lol. i think i'll always have a personal vendetta against him

What!? Adams is the best manager in the world! See how we masterminded our win over city the other night!?

On FM07 I got sacked the day before the League Cup Final when I was manager of Everton after a takeover. I was on my way to a cushy Wembley hotel and everything! Hugo Sanchez got the job and won the League Cup on his first day in charge, so naturally I've hated him ever since.

I was involved in a take-over at Preston. Rumours suggested that Leroy Rosenior would be installed as manager. They decided against installing him immediately, instead saying that I'd keep my job if I won the league (the Championship). I didn't. I limped in in 6th place and won the play-offs. And kept my job. And finished second in the Premier League in my first season with a bunch of misfits.

It actually turned out to be great having a take-over, as every six months or so, the new chairman would demand a big name signing for any amount of money provided it didn't give us a negative balance.

(I also hold a personal vendetta against Leroy Rosenior for the whole experience and put the BBC's African Cup of Nations on mute when he was there as an analyst)

Same thing happened with me at Fulham, three seasons in, except it wasn't Adams. They got taken over by some businessman who had links with Bulgaria and, specifically, Hristo Stoichkov. When he took over he said he would give me a chance, I promptly got stuffed 4-0 by Villa and sure enough, Stoichkov took over. Annoying that was and have held a Stoichcov grudge ever since.

i never experienced a board takeover until i played AFC wimbledon...And in like 20 seasons I had 4 take-over...once by fan consortitum, once internal board change, once new chairman...another a consortitum who promised big money but never did give it to me...not that i needed as I able to get enough cash for my transfers from few wheeling-dealing with my players...right now i am having a take-over in progress with Mourinho as possible new manager...always hated him..and will hate him more if he takes my place

Ah a fellow Leeds Utd fan always good to see. :)

And i was going to say that everything was going to be ok until you said you were leeds. You will probably get sacked ken bates loves doing it shame he doesnt just sack himself eh :p

Only time this happened is my current save where ken retired and peter lorimer took over and said i was doing brilliantly and would keep me but invest no funds :(

Archived