ass man suggests

Would be nice to see the Ass Man taking his job seriously instead of sitting around doing nothing, could get a little annoying though if he gets too interfering trying to tell you what to do, how about an "Ask Ass Man advice" button or something in the tactics section?

This has come up before- the suggestion was that the ass man shouldn't say "move the defensive line slider left two clicks", he should say "they're getting behind the defence too much. Either bring on faster defenders, close them down more, play a deeper defensive line or ask your defenders to play more defensively." He should suggest several options, and you should have to work out for yourself which is best. This would guide new players and hopefully help them learn what to change without needing the ass man's help.

I think this would be a good addition to the game as well. It would bring the assistant manager into a much more interactive role and would bring the game much more to "life", if you will. Great idea in my opinion and I would be in favour for it to be implemented into future FM games.

if they did this then i hope that they would make it optional and it would give the ass mans attack/defend stats more into play than just for training purposes

for example an ass man who has a high defend would probably recommend more defencive tactics and counter attack rather than tell you to go and stick 4 players up front

I'd just like more Ass. Man. (teehee assman) interaction generally. An Ass. Man. that you could consult regarding players and tactics, and who has something to say regarding the team and players skills and limitations. Suggesting formations, giving his thoughts on what you should allow some players to do, and what you should definately avoid and stuff like that.

But if this is a feature in 09 I think SI should be carefull not to make it an exploit. If the Ass. Man. can give you advice, it would definately know exactly how to match an opponent, since it would "know" all about the game itself... Or something. You get the picture?

I like the idea and it would be quite realistic. It would also make more use off the ass. mans stats.

So if you are a man management type but not so much of a tactician you could go for a master tactician type of ass. man alongside you. Of course, if he was too good and the board picked up on you over-using him, they might start to ask why they are paying you to be the manager.

Alternatively if you are good at the tactical side but want somebody to act as a buffer between you and the players/press you can go for somebody who is good at man management, personal skills, but rarely ask for their tactical opinion, which I get the impression is how it works with Tottenham at the moment (as an example), Poyet being the buffer for Ramos.

It would need to be implemented intelligently to avoid simply being too easy, and of course theres always the possibility that the ass. man could be wrong in his advice or have a different football philosophy to you so it wouldn't be too clear cut...

I think you should be able to ask him for advice yeah, For example, if a player has just come back from injury it would be nice to have a notification so you know if he can last the full 90 minutes.

I think it may make the game a little easy if he could completely and accurately pick the best tactic (like he can pick the best squad) but maybe if he gave some opinions such as he feels a wide game with a fast tempo may benefit certain players it would be good.

Archived