proof that gareth barry is overpriced (irl)

so we all wonder whether liverpool are going to sign gaz baz (probably not now he is cup tied) but the questionable point for liverpool was the fact that he was going to cost 18million... The owners thought it was not worth paying that much and rightly so according to the latest bit of evidence i found.

Its the year 2010 and the world has gone crazy with insane transfers. 40m for rosina, 24m for SWP, and 39m for an ageing frank lampard to inter(can they see the future??)!!

anyway in december, despite all the transfer hype and over inflated prices on the market, aston villa's main man who had been performing quite nicely all season sign gareth barry for a measly 17.5m which proves that gareth barry is overpriced irl :D

barrymc2.th.jpg

The most annoying thing about this game is seeing Rossi move from Villarreal in 08/09 every time for over £30m.

I've started about... six or seven games since I bought FM08 and it seemed to happen every time. I did find it strange and annoying. Then, when I started my current save, it didn't happen! He moved for £20m to Roma. Still a lot, but given the season he'd had, coser to the mark.

I've started about... six or seven games since I bought FM08 and it seemed to happen every time. I did find it strange and annoying. Then, when I started my current save, it didn't happen! He moved for £20m to Roma. Still a lot, but given the season he'd had, coser to the mark.

That always happens for me 2. as well as Chelsea signing Goran Pandev. Annoys me!!

Proof from a video game? Propably not the most conclusive evidence! :D

Video game? What is it?

Yep, Rossi always moves to Villareal and Barry is not overvalued, he is undervalued. The lad was a legend till he joined Villa.

also modric normally goes to milan in my games aswell as the muta one. Diego to chelsea is another one aswell and they normally go on to buy about 100000 more midfielders (all central) aswell not unlike real life :D

Video game? What is it?

Yep, Rossi always moves to Villareal and Barry is not overvalued, he is undervalued. The lad was a legend till he joined Villa.

Maybe I'm being dense and missing a joke or something, but I don't get this post at all.

Firstly, Rossi can't always move to Villarreal because that's where he starts the game seeing as it's his club in real life. Unless he keeps leaving Villarreal and going back!

And secondly, Gareth Barry a legend until he joined Villa? He was playing for Brighton!

Maybe I'm being dense and missing a joke or something, but I don't get this post at all.

Firstly, Rossi can't always move to Villarreal because that's where he starts the game seeing as it's his club in real life. Unless he keeps leaving Villarreal and going back!

And secondly, Gareth Barry a legend until he joined Villa? He was playing for Brighton!

Damn, I meant he always moves to Milan on my game!

And yes, Barry was a legend. Even though he never played for the Seagulls, he did have the potential to be a great star for us. Damn Standing!

Archived