brilliant Ideas for FM 2009

im not sure i cant remember but if you choose just an english league to play in you dont see major transfers between the likes of spanish leagues and italian and portuguese leagues, this year would be good if you do just pick english leagues then you recieve messages or news of major transfers for major clubs with the likes of real madrid, barcelona, ac milan so just say if ac milan buy kaka it should come up...

anyway i cant even remember if it does or not another addition would be good is instead of recieving news on a news screen is that the news came up into a newspaper, so all the happenings that you would actually see in the newspapers like major injuries and transfers and links come up as a newspaper on your screen?

and you could release a story of newcoming managers who just took over a team in papers? tappin up of a player? players speakin out to papers about a link with a club? ''come and get me'' messages :D this would open up fm so much more to so much more ideas!!

p.s i could not find the ideas forum and this i think personally deserved its own

i seen that one but would it of got noticed like a new thread? i think the newspaper concept would open up fm to new and exciting ideas from people :D

As it is has numerous pages, it will probably be more noticed in that thread...

I don't want to see news about AC Milan when i'm managing St.Albans in England, we always used to get these sort of stories on older versions of CM and having to click through news about Clarence Seedorf siging for Real Madrid for £24M is tiresome.

Maybe it could show the news according to your reputation. So, if you're Man Utd, you'll be able to see news about all the other big clubs like Milan, Barca etc. But if you're managing St. Albans, you'd only get info/news on teams who have the same reputation as you (I don't know which teams do). That would work wouldn't it?

would like to see more news, admittedly it does come up on the "news screen" but, you actually have to go looking for it. would be better if it came into your inbox, like it used to...

I disagree. The News Screen should be for news and the inbox for information personal to that manager/club.

I get enough spam in real life and could do without it in a game.

I disagree. The News Screen should be for news and the inbox for information personal to that manager/club.

I get enough spam in real life and could do without it in a game.

Exactly. The Inbox is essentially your email, but News is in effect like the BBC's news indexes for each league.

Not sure this is such a good idea. As somebody has already mentioned if i'm managing AFC Wimbledon i don't care who AC Milan are signing.

The spam idea got me thinking though, might be possible to implement a filter system. For instance if i'm running all leagues from England, Spain and Italy and am managing top flight in Italy i could tick a box saying please make me aware of all top flight Spanish transfers. Just an idea that tows the middle line.

Archived