How Much!!!!

• 3 months later...

Have you ever noticed that certain players seem to go for an absolute mint..although they are worth nowhere near that amount.

One's I have noticed in the first two seasons...when things should still be 'normal' include...

G.Rossi - often to Chelsea or a top Italian side - around £38m

A.Mutu - mostly to Arsenal for around £29m

C.N'Zogbia - often to Spain for £20-30m in season two

J.O.Mikel - Gen to Juventus - around £30m

Now I know that certain players can increase largely in value after you buy them (like Marcelo) but these defy all logiac. have yoy seen others?

Rossi is definately the main standout that I noticed... he went to Liverpool for 50mil (!) at the start of season 2 in my game...

Transfer prices are fairly inflated in this game anyway... anyone half decent can easily go for +18mil, so massive prices for some fairly average-level players is pretty common...

in fairness to rossi he is quality and at 40M can become a real bargain with the amount of goals he scores i once signed him in january for an Everton team in the 2nd season and he scored 27 goals in all competitions for me (but only cost around 20M)

If you consider £40Million a Bargain I would hate too see what you class as "Too much money to spend" ;) Lol

I sold N'Zogbia to Inter Milan for £20m plus a 25% sell on clause in the 2nd season January transfer window. He moved there and has hardly had a game since, serves him right for rejecting his first team place at Newcastle!

Just to clarify I am talking about players moving for amounts FARRRR beyond their stated worth - Rossi for example is rated at £6m and moves for close to £40m. Or players like Guzman who I always see being transfered for £20m+ yet never seems to rate as high as a 7 on average.

• 1 month later...

some of the weird ones I have seen recently are

David Bentley to Valencia for 27.5 million

Joey Barton to Villa for 14.75 million

Jeremy Toulalan to Real Madrid for 30.5 million

weird one though was julio baptista to some smallish club for 750k! I was gutted! these are in 2nd season 8.0.2 on an updated version with latest transfers

Joey Barton to Villa for 14.75 million

Thats Mad!

I was trying to buy Michael Johnson from man city and stuck an enquiry in. and they said they would settle for 24.9 million. Yeah right. So got him for 10 mill up front and 8 mill over 2 years after a while of unsettleing him etc. but still well overrated!

scott brown went to acmilan for 23mil. and he starts! aissati moved to man city from arsenal for 33.5mil and he is rubbish. jan 2013 btw im in. originally in 2010/2011 he moved from intermilan to arsenal for 38mil!

gyan to arsenal 42mil! july 2012

reyes to barca 28mil 2010

• 2 weeks later...

I really wanted to buy Carlos Vela on my Bayern save and I had just got 15m +40m after one cap for Wijnaldum(first ridiculous price). All of a sudden Juventus buys Vela for 57m.....he had barely played any games for Arsenal, at least Wijnaldum was in the World Cup dream team and has like 70 assists in 2 seasons.

As for ridiculously stupid bids, Jesus Navas had a 11.75m min release, so I bid on him like 6 times, but he never wanted to join me. Liverpool had declared interest, but never bid. He signed a new contract and they bid 40m haha. I don't think he signed for them, but I thought it was funny.

Archived