How realistic is Fm 2012?

I guess this question comes up a lot..but I know quite a few people who aren't particulary intelligent when it comes to footy but they are winning the CL with Hungarian clubs and those lower leagues and we are talking within the first 5 seasons.

What is the explanation for such things? Unrealistic game? The person lying? The person using all kinds of tricks like re-starting when they lose, using tips and tricks (on formation, good players, etc)?

If they are winning the CL with Hungarian teams within 5 seasons they are exploiting the game in some fashion.

This could anything from obvious cheating like reloading until they win matches or giving their club increased rep/money via an editor to less obvious exploits such as corners or signing players they have read about on forums who will be stars.

Winning in the first 5 years is nothing. Winning with downloaded tactics is no accomplishment at all. All those players (at the start of the game) are real players, and hence you can easily check on a forum which talents become GREATS. See who can win the CL after 15 years, and who can win it consistently. Reloading, meh, doesn't give nearly the same edge as using tactical exploits (i.e. 'super tactics' that exploit the match engine).

In terms of predicting, or replicating reality, FM isn't very realistic. It involve so many limitations to stop players performing certain actions which would make the game crushingly dull.

In terms of creating an environment in which luck, coincidence and skill can have their influence on events, it is an incredible achievement.

If they are winning the CL with Hungarian teams within 5 seasons they are exploiting the game in some fashion.

This could anything from obvious cheating like reloading until they win matches or giving their club increased rep/money via an editor to less obvious exploits such as corners or signing players they have read about on forums who will be stars.

I agree, I have 4 saves with Romanian sides (a level above Hungarian football) and it took me at least 15 years to win the CL. I consider myself a decent FM player.

See for me this is the big debate

From my experience of FM Live i know i am pretty good at FM. Consistently one of the top teams in both my games worlds.

On FM(insert number) i have never won anything special with minnows

Here are some of my achievements for example

-Promoted from Blue Square North to League One with Redditch over 12 year period with the club

-Won 4 League titles and 2 CL trophies with Juventus

-Won 5 league titles and 2 CL trophies with Real Madrid

- Turned Everton and Aston Villa into top 4 sides and won a few Carling Cups

- Won JSP trophy with MK Dons and promoted to Championship

- Sacked as England manager after losing 2-0 to Scotland in World Cup 2nd round

- Won 8 SPL league titles with Hearts over 15 year period

- Won 4 league titles in Holland with Utrecht over 10 seasons

- CL finalist with Ajax, losing to Real Madrid (season 2038 when Holland ranked 4th in League Coefficient)

In summary my achievements are pretty modest compared to most of the bragging/ego threads on these forums, this leads me to believe people use tools (genie scout/FMRTE) and reload when they lose keys games. Nothing wrong with that but not how i play and please dont cheat then brag whilst lying that u did it fairly.

I played in Scotland it took me 25+ seasons before i made them top 6-8 in the league coefficient

i managed in Holland it took me 40+ seasons to rank them 3rd in coefficient and still could never overtake the EPL which was to rich in TV revenue to compete with

Its almost impossible to make minnow leagues world class

Rant over...

PS - to answer your question, although the game has many flaws it can be pretty realistic if u play it as intended. If you cheat and try to be a hero it will obviously be unrealistic

I think a lot of managers IRL could win the CL with a Hungarian team if they'd have a crystal ball to know the best signings and the future tactical advances in football:lol:

Exactly. What undermines the realism of FM is the player, not the game.

Archived