50% next transfer on rebuying players

I was wondering if anyone tried this (or knows this).

Basically you sell your player for lets say 1m with a 50% of the next transfer clause.

Then after 1 year you buy that player back for 5m. Will you get 2.5m back since you still have that 50% clause? Or will the clause get forfeited because you are the one buying?

Technically I would expect to get 2.5m back since no matter what I should get 50% of the next transfer...

Thanks in advance if anyone knows!

Usually you'd have to pay the extra €2.5m up front, so they wouldn't accept a bid unless you offered 7.5m

This used to be the case in prior versions. You could sell players and then buy them back at half price and make loads of money. But it's gone now.

Usually you'd have to pay the extra €2.5m up front, so they wouldn't accept a bid unless you offered 7.5m

This used to be the case in prior versions. You could sell players and then buy them back at half price and make loads of money. But it's gone now.

So no matter what I would get 50% of the transfer, even though it's my own clause (so for this hypothesis say they accepted the 5m offer, meaning I in the end paid 2.5m)?

So no matter what I would get 50% of the transfer, even though it's my own clause (so for this hypothesis say they accepted the 5m offer, meaning I in the end paid 2.5m)?

Yes you would get 50% back.

In effect you are paying yourself.

The AI teams should recognize it's the original seller and just up the price because of that clause.

It doesn't affect the AI team, so why should they? The AI would end up with £2,5m and you would get £2,5m regardless of who buys the player for £5m.

It's not something that a club would allow in real life, I think.

Why not?

Any evidence to back up this opinion?

Why would a club turn down a bid of £5m from one team but not from another aside from rivalry perhaps?

The selling club is passing on £2.5m to another club whatever happens, why does it matter that its being past to the club buying the player?

Yeh but if you read what I wrote. They would accept 5m from others. But they'd ask for 7.5m from you.

So effectively, you're not getting that money back at all.

Yeh but if you read what I wrote. They would accept 5m from others. But they'd ask for 7.5m from you.

So effectively, you're not getting that money back at all.

I'm pretty certain this isn't the case.

Edit: I mean, I just offered a player out for one million pounds and was able to set a buy-back price of one and a half, despite the fact I attached a 50% of next sale clause. Are you telling me that a club will accept less than that from a club that is not my own, essentially robbing themselves of money?

Double Edit: Thinking about the above, is that not a return of the money-making bug? I sold a player for 1,000,000 with a buy back of 1,500,000 and 50% of next transfer. I would come out ahead if I bought him back, right?

Archived