How do you create players so that their stats don't change when you start a game?

Bran

Like when you create players in the editor and give them a stat of 18 in finishing for example, and then when you start a game, the players finishing is only 15.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Gaffovski:

It's not an exact science, but you can improve things by lowering other stats that a striker, for example, does not need (long throws, marking etc).

And make sure you raise the CA (Current Ability) and World Reputation etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reputation has nothing to do with getting the same attributes in the game as in the DB.

i tried so much to create a player..me as a striker..the best in the world..i can't create a player like messi or ronaldinho..i simply can't. I loaded yesterday the legendary database ..there are some players icon_eek.gif like Zico from Udinese he's a God..and his CA is 175 and PA 186 or something..how can they do it?

I have a player stats excel template I use that works pretty well. You are more than welcome to use it. If you give me your e-mail address I'll send it to you.

Just some notes:

It's not complete but it does give you pretty accurate stats for your players.

There are some test examples of stats on the spreadsheets as well if you would just rather use them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bran:

Like when you create players in the editor and give them a stat of 18 in finishing for example, and then when you start a game, the players finishing is only 15. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Current Ability and Potential Abilityhas the biggest impact on stats I've found. If you edit the database (or create a player) using the games in built editor, and give them a finishing of 18, but they have a CA of 120 and a PA of 180, then the PC will decrease the finishing ability proportionally to the CA.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by New Roosterman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bran:

Like when you create players in the editor and give them a stat of 18 in finishing for example, and then when you start a game, the players finishing is only 15. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Current Ability and Potential Abilityhas the biggest impact on stats I've found. If you edit the database (or create a player) using the games in built editor, and give them a finishing of 18, but they have a CA of 120 and a PA of 180, then the PC will decrease the finishing ability proportionally to the CA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats true but there are other considerations that effect CA (ie cost CA points) such as if a player can play right left or centre, if he can play in different areas of the pitch such as midfield and attack and if he's two footed. I've also found that some stats do not count toward CA at all.

There is a pretty good thread (put together by some smart chaps)floating around somewhere that covers it really well.

I have sent it (correctly this time) to all who have requested it.

Not sure there would be much interest in putting it on something like rapidshare and I don't know how to do that. If anyone wants to they are more than welcome to do so though.

Like I say there are some specifics to work out but it seems to work well enough.

Seriously i just tried it out with a few players in different positions on the editor, loaded up the game and it is pretty much 100% accurate. Once again thank you very much!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lance101:

What does the template do?? I don't see CA in it.. how does it help me adjust stats to CA??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

The templates are based on PA (this will show the player at the peak of his ability), you can set the CA at any level lower or to match the PA if you wish. Or in the PA box you can put in the CA you want and it will still calculate it reasonably accurately.

I've looked into your template Thunder God, and it probably is very useful, but you assume that all the non- free ratings count the same towards CA, and that is not the case... In the current ability and attributes research thread I've posted some of my results on the appropriate weightings.

Thunder,

I was looking at how the template works and was confused as to why you have the physical/mental/tech attribute add a base value on to the available point totals. Shouldn't that number be multiplied by the total? In other words, wouldn't it make more sense for a physical attribute for a defender to be multiplied by 8, rather than a value of 8 simply added on to the sum of the physical attributes?

I always thought the current ability would be an averaged of weighted stats, e.g., passing*4 + tackling*3, etc. Do you think it is just a base value added on to a simple sum of stats, with the base value depending on position?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lance101:

I've looked into your template Thunder God, and it probably is very useful, but you assume that all the non- free ratings count the same towards CA, and that is not the case... In the current ability and attributes research thread I've posted some of my results on the appropriate weightings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I've realised the same. The stats are weighted quite differently, depending on a number of factors. Aerial Ability for keepers is a good example.

This set of templates was knocked together pretty quickly tbh (about 30 mins)and gives only a loose guide, which I openly admit.

I'll take a look at the thread you mentioned, which previously gave me a few superb pointers, and see what you've got there.

When I get the time I'll do a far more comprehensive model to include the various weightings as well as the incremental cost assosiated with second foot ability, and about ten other things I want to correct and define.

Thanks.

I must be really stupid, but can you tell me in which cell number and sheet can I find this CA/PA number? (I have the sheet uploaded to rapid share) Thanks alot in advance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WWell I haven't got it open now but I think it's cell C15 on all of them. Just stick you CA/PA in there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the guy:

Thunder,

I was looking at how the template works and was confused as to why you have the physical/mental/tech attribute add a base value on to the available point totals. Shouldn't that number be multiplied by the total? In other words, wouldn't it make more sense for a physical attribute for a defender to be multiplied by 8, rather than a value of 8 simply added on to the sum of the physical attributes?

I always thought the current ability would be an averaged of weighted stats, e.g., passing*4 + tackling*3, etc. Do you think it is just a base value added on to a simple sum of stats, with the base value depending on position? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, those are a base cost by position. I had a good idea that this was the case and another chap (clever fellow that he is) on the forums confirmed it for me in his attributes thread. These base figures change by positions and there is also an extra cost by additional sides in the same position ie defenders who can play left and centre).

When it gets interesting is when you have a centre back who can also play centre midfield. I've done the calculations but haven't had the time to update the spreadsheet yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How do you create players so that their stats don't change when you start a game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As well as CA, his age is important too. If you created a teenager the AI will reduce some attributes.

Archived