Non Football related costs

Now when you hover over this is, it explains it as non football staff wages so far so good, but why is my club paying so much 25million last season, my players wages were only 22million in the same period, the coaches scouts are all on less than 800 pounds a week, so does anyone know how the game works how much you pay out ? as it just seems to me as a way of stopping your finances getting to big to quickly as the more success you have the more I seem to pay.

Your not taking into account the rest of the people required to run a club, admin staff, PR staff and everyone else down to the canteen workers and toilet cleaners. The bigger and more succesful you are the more people you will require to keep the club going and the more you will have to spend.

Your not taking into account the rest of the people required to run a club, admin staff, PR staff and everyone else down to the canteen workers and toilet cleaners. The bigger and more succesful you are the more people you will require to keep the club going and the more you will have to spend.

That is not it as there is a deduction of this from "staff wages" and you have another "other" cost at the bottom of the screen which states how much you are paying for advertising, PR and such so what the hell makes the Non football costs so high...

Staff wages do not cover all the rest of the clubs staff, just the scouts, coaches and players, everyone else comes under non footballing costs. There is a heap of things a club has to do, that has very little to do with football, and absolutely nothing to do with the manager. Not that it all matters, after 10 years its very easy to be richer than any team is in the world right now, except maybe City.

i have the same problem with Tromso! the 'other' expenses are higher then players wages and the largest expense that my club pay! this is not right!

Don't forget agent costs, clauses etc.

these are separated

I am Swansea we have been a top 6 six side since the start of the save have 30k home attendances lowest wage bill in the league 16m per annum take last season for example

Income = 133million

outgoings = 137million

No players bought or new contracts given out etc

So even after my champions league tv money etc I still made a loss of around 4million

Non football costs paid out was over 26million 5 million more than my players wages and and AT least 10 million more than any other cost its fecked up.

It just seems borked up when you think about it.

So basically, even with low wages 16m per annum, a back room staff all on less than 500 pounds a week, the smallest squad in the league, champions league money, finishing in the top four every year I still should lose money every year as my non football costs dwarf EVERYTHING ELSE I pay out..... Stupid.

I've read both articles and see that the other costs irl are significant. But, in FM we have 'other' and 'NFC' and when added together are far more excessive than irl. And any argument that non football related staff wages should be higher than players wages is just ludicrous. And as for the guy that said after 10 years you make more money than any other club, maybe if you start with a big club you do, but not if you take a team from BSP to EPl. You don't make money as 'NFC' and 'other' expenditure rises so high and so fast, you're in a small stadium and sponsorship income hardly grows at all.

Last season; NFC £36.7mil, other £20.6mil, player wages £33.8mil

Sponsorship £4.3mil, which has risen to a staggering £4.7mil this season!!!

I might be able to accept high NFC and other at a club with a world class rep, but not when that same club earns well below even the average amount of sponsorship for their division.

I've read both articles and see that the other costs irl are significant. But, in FM we have 'other' and 'NFC' and when added together are far more excessive than irl. And any argument that non football related staff wages should be higher than players wages is just ludicrous. And as for the guy that said after 10 years you make more money than any other club, maybe if you start with a big club you do, but not if you take a team from BSP to EPl. You don't make money as 'NFC' and 'other' expenditure rises so high and so fast, you're in a small stadium and sponsorship income hardly grows at all.

Last season; NFC £36.7mil, other £20.6mil, player wages £33.8mil

Sponsorship £4.3mil, which has risen to a staggering £4.7mil this season!!!

I might be able to accept high NFC and other at a club with a world class rep, but not when that same club earns well below even the average amount of sponsorship for their division.

True mate these really do screw you over big time, I am making a loss of over 2 million a month at the minute even though like I stated above my season tickets and gate receipts are far higher than my player wages.

In my last save on FM11 I managed over the course of a 20 year career get Swansea as a the dominant force in football at home and anywhere from winners of champions league to at worst semi finalists all with a squad of home grown players so you can imagine my wage bill was tiny BUT i still remained a selling club as Id make a loss EVERY year other wise.

Granted its easy to pick up regens for insanely cheap amounts and sell them a few years down the line for huge profits but seriously I should not be forced to take that route to increase my bank balance so to speak as the Non football costs destroy you each year.

I think that the NFC's of Premier League are 10x that of most other clubs in the world. Surely, the point of having staff working on running the club properly should contribute positively to something. In FM all the NFC's do is to suck money out of you. If you are a club that manages to pay the running of the club by TV rights and tickets alone, you need to win Champions League every year in order to pay off the NFC's... surely that is not right?

It is really weird that at the same time as no AI club outside the top top clubs has money to sign players, none of those clubs need money because they won't sell players unless you offer them stupid amounts of money.

Edit: What I am hinting at here is that in real life the clubs have no money; they can't afford anything. Yet they somehow manage to find cash somewhere and sign someone anyway. In FM financial troubles are really rare, and if there are - they are usually fixed by loans to the chairman. Maybe I lack knowledge of club finances, but how can there be too much money and too little money at the same time in FM?

True mate these really do screw you over big time, I am making a loss of over 2 million a month at the minute even though like I stated above my season tickets and gate receipts are far higher than my player wages.

In my last save on FM11 I managed over the course of a 20 year career get Swansea as a the dominant force in football at home and anywhere from winners of champions league to at worst semi finalists all with a squad of home grown players so you can imagine my wage bill was tiny BUT i still remained a selling club as Id make a loss EVERY year other wise.

Granted its easy to pick up regens for insanely cheap amounts and sell them a few years down the line for huge profits but seriously I should not be forced to take that route to increase my bank balance so to speak as the Non football costs destroy you each year.

I operate on a similar basis to yourself. We usually make a modest profit once champs league money comes in, last season after all the prize and TV money came in we were £11mil up, and we didn't sell anyone major that year, but then the board decide that they deserve £21.5mil dividends!!! So I also have to sell to be profitable. I have a self imposed wage cap of £45k per week, anyone won't accept that I have to sell, otherwise we'll do a pompey.

you dont need to win the champions league, but get to the semis is usualy enough to tide me over if i win the premier league as well. i had 37 million.

but what conserns me is i played as blackpool, spent a bit yes, but real blackpool annouced profits of 20 million, i wa smaking steady losses of around 1 million, now where di that that 20 million come from, and why isn't it in game, because no way my staff and NFC would eat it either

I operate on a similar basis to yourself. We usually make a modest profit once champs league money comes in, last season after all the prize and TV money came in we were £11mil up, and we didn't sell anyone major that year, but then the board decide that they deserve £21.5mil dividends!!! So I also have to sell to be profitable. I have a self imposed wage cap of £45k per week, anyone won't accept that I have to sell, otherwise we'll do a pompey.

Yes you need to have Arsenal's ticket income in order to make money in PL. I took Bradford to PL and the stadium is now maxed out at 36k. In 2022 the new stadium housing 47k will be finished, and I was surprised the board took up a loan to build it. Yet, 46k isn't enough, I need at least 60k in order to fund the soaring player wages. I have capped the wages at 40 then 60k, but it is really hard to keep it down as my players increase greatly in reputation and value (and wage demands) as the years go on. I am literally living off Champions League revenue, and the main bad-guy is NFC.

It was much easier to become obscenely rich with Las Palmas (FM11) since in Spain the big clubs take a bigger chunk of the TV money (which are much higher than in PL). I think I earned £110m on TV-rights alone the last season I played that save, only beaten by Real and Barca. I built the new stadium mostly using saved-up cash with them :)

After season 1 with Arsenal (two-player game), I realized that they are the third richest club in the world... Chelskij had half my transfer budget. They have the highest ticket prices in the world and a big stadium, so I suppose it is possible to earn money when you're a big club like them. But it is almost pointless trying to make money by cutting the wage budget when you are a small club having a small stadium when you aren't competing in the Champions League. The 500k you save every month by shaving off 125k a week from your wage budget are dwarfed by the 3.5m you pay every month in NFC...

try blackpools ticket income, max extended bloomfield road is 20,000

currently making £5m losses, but i am under wage budget but that is my main payout none footballing costs are nearly 3 million

i make 1.7 million a month from gate reciepts and prize money atm is 1 million for last monh match day income isn't even 500k

so why is the board quite happy for my wage bill to be so high?

last seasons income was

£203million

expenditures

£187million

£39 million was prize money

£70 million was TV money

you need good runs in champions league

according to the date in the game, i was 18th in the rich list, just behind spurs at the start of the season

Archived