The "little things" you enjoy about Football Manager

I could have sworn this thread already existed (with hundreds of posts), but i couldn't find it.

Anyway, post any of the "little things" that may seem like insignificant details to some, but really make you smile when they come up in FM.

For me, i just noticed in a match i was attending, that the referee waved down his assistant who was flagging for offside! The defense gained possession and cleared the ball, so the referee correctly did not make the call, despite the AR clearly signalling!

Never thought in a million years that this would be in the game!

Any others?

EDIT: He did it again! This time the goalkeeper saved, and it almost looked like the AR stuck his flag out sideways while sprinting into position (like an advantage signal), as if to tell the referee "nevermind!" It wasn't the rest of the offside signal, as the AR usually stands still while doing that.

Nurturing a team of youngsters throughout their development to see them take the Champions League by storm demolishing anyone in their path. Ok maybe not a little thing but hey you know what im saying...

Being linked with jobs always makes me happy, shows im doing good.

I love it when i leave a job and my backroom staff walk as well. When im with a new club i try and take many of them with me. I had a scout who i made 'Head of Recruitment' on a Forest Green save i had, 12 seasons later he was still with me, 'Head of Recruitment' at Chelsea!

finding a fantastic newgen and not having to pay compensation because the team doesnt exist in loaded databases :D

checking other leagues every season to see where people are. and finding random things like accrington stanley and luton in league 1

when ex-players forced out of thier club score against that club

Lee Clark selling Gary Roberts to Barnsley always makes me laugh, he seems to do it every save game I do.

Getting linked with the Barcelona job after getting Huddersfield Town into the Premiership.

I love the flares in the stands! I think the first time I saw one was my Champions League group stage game number one agains partizan with Real Madrid. I was 1-0 up and then they tied the game on 40+ minutes and the flare was lit in the stands. I just felt that the momentum shifted.

Archived