Backroom Staff - Option for FM13?

So I'm managing Portland, and (with the help of a really good backroom staff) we've been a dominant force in MLS for a few years. I've parlayed that into a job offer from AZ, and I'm planning on taking it; however, their coaching staff sucks, and I was planning on bringing my own guys with me (scout, assman, another coach I like to have around, etc.). However, all of THOSE coaches are too expensive for my AZ, partially because they have about ten physios eating up their wage bill, partially because there are already coaches there.

These coaches all resigned from Portland when I left, so they're available; unfortunately, they're also out of my price range. In reality, though, it'd be part of my negotiating process that I'd get to bring in my own people to work with; is that something you'd like to see implemented in upcoming versions? I think it'd be handy, and could be a neat part of contract negotiations (i.e., we're offering you this job, but you work with our people, or here's the job, we'll match the salaries of two of your staff, etc.).

Even when managers bring in their own staff, the boardroom will have to pay out the contracts of the existing staff, even if my mutual termination - unless that staff resigned themselves before you came along.

But I like the idea of staff that have you as their favoured personnel willing to work with you at a much cheaper wage...unless that already happens?

Even when managers bring in their own staff, the boardroom will have to pay out the contracts of the existing staff, even if my mutual termination - unless that staff resigned themselves before you came along.

But I like the idea of staff that have you as their favoured personnel willing to work with you at a much cheaper wage...unless that already happens?

It happens at the original contract signing. There interest is higher so are more willing to accept lower wages.

After that you can be favoured personnel, at a favoured club they want to coach at in there career plans. But they still go to rivals if you dont pay up. Anoying to have to renew some contracts 3 times a year, almost doubling there wages!

Archived