Data Changes and the Update

I'm waiting to start a new game until the new patch arrives. Waiting patiently!

Does anyone know if the update will make amendments to some players - whether some are improved in the new patch? For example, will Huddersfield's Jordan Rhodes or Crewe's Nick Powell get a boost (given January transfer rumours)?. Will also be interesting to see Harry, England and Spurs and their situation. Will clubs like Rangers and Portsmouth be in administration?

Looking forward to it when it is ready - haven't had much time to get into FM12 yet but wil hopefully find more time when the update arrives.

I wonder will the post January patch ever have an option of picking up the "real life position" (league position, games played, etc) for January 1 or 31 in the future? In a way, it feels a little less authentic using players from July in game, which have been signed in real life in January; or not having players in the game up until January if they have been sold by your chosen club in real life in January.

Waiting patiently! People generally seem very positive about FM12 which is good to see.

Does anyone know if the update will make amendments to some players - whether some are improved in the new patch? For example, will Huddersfield's Jordan Rhodes or Crewe's Nick Powell get a boost (given January transfer rumours)?. Will also be interesting to see Harry, England and Spurs and their situation. Will clubs like Rangers and Portsmouth be in administration? yep.. all of the above.. if its confirmed officially in real life.. it'll be in the game .

Looking forward to it when it is ready - haven't had much time to get into FM12 yet but wil hopefully find more time when the update arrives. Same.. not had a proper long term game yet

I wonder will the post January patch ever have an option of picking up the "real life position" (league position, games played, etc) for January 1 or 31 in the future? In a way, it feels a little less authentic using players from July in game, which have been signed in real life in January; or not having players in the game up until January if they have been sold by your chosen club in real life in January. Definately won't ..

Waiting patiently! People generally seem very positive about FM12 which is good to see.

10 charsasdasda

Attribute changes in patches to individual players tend to be given due to errors in the original allocation- having a good or bad half season would have to pretty spectacular to merit changes, which usually take place between versions. Remember that attributes are set by reasearchers and are a matter of opinion, one way or the other.

Neither of the two teams mentioned are in administartion yet, so they wont be in the patch. Changes that are confirmed before the Data is locked will normally be in the game patch

This will be strange, regarding the England manager. Usually in games big names take over the reigns, I've seen the likes of Mourinho and Mancini take over, high reputation managers. Now in the game it would be highly unlikely that these types of managers in jobs will come to take the job, along with Harry Redknapp coming to manage the team within the game; even though it's looking very likely that Redknapp will take the role.

What can people envisage happening here, my thinking would be that the role would always go to a out of work manager at the time, a Gareth Southgate for example. Something that probably isn't going to happen in real life.

What can people envisage happening here, my thinking would be that the role would always go to a out of work manager at the time, a Gareth Southgate for example. Something that probably isn't going to happen in real life.

I can see that happening, will be very interesting to see who takes over.

I can see that happening, will be very interesting to see who takes over.

Possibly if Stuart Pearce is in a caretaker role when the update is released (I'm pretty sure this is possible?), he would take control. Pearce took over from Fabio in my game after Euro 2012.

Obviously the new manager will different from individual save to save, but I think there will be only a handful of options that will happen. One of them I don't see being Harry Redknapp!

Possibly if Stuart Pearce is in a caretaker role when the update is released (I'm pretty sure this is possible?), he would take control. Pearce took over from Fabio in my game after Euro 2012.

Obviously the new manager will different from individual save to save, but I think there will be only a handful of options that will happen. One of them I don't see being Harry Redknapp!

Yeah Stuart Pearce seems a logical choice, maybe SI will put it into the game that he starts as manager, quote me if im wrong but I dont think the game can understand caretaker managers. Or maybe put Pearce in on a shore term contract. That will leave the problem of the Under 21's having no manager would it not?

I agree with the Redknapp thing, ive never seen him leave/get sacked ever

I'd guess that if the new manager (in real life) is not decided when the update is released, the game will assign it to Harry Redknapp. Will be interesting to see who gets the Spurs position then - both in real life and in the game.

Wolves have a vacancy as well.

Franz T - I think media reports today suggest Rangers and Portsmouth are in the arms of administration. Also, of the examples I gave, I think Rhodes would be a good example of a player who has, to use your own words, had a "pretty spectacular" good season.

Welshace - no idea what you mean.

It seems I am in a small minority who think it might be a good idea to explore an update containing the real life position (league table wise etc) so that the January update is exactly that - probably too much work and headaches for SI though and probably a lot more complicated that it sounds.

Yeah Stuart Pearce seems a logical choice, maybe SI will put it into the game that he starts as manager, quote me if im wrong but I dont think the game can understand caretaker managers. Or maybe put Pearce in on a shore term contract. That will leave the problem of the Under 21's having no manager would it not?

I agree with the Redknapp thing, ive never seen him leave/get sacked ever

Yes it can as Carl Fletcher is a Caretaker Manager at Plymouth at the start of a game.

Archived