How long does it take to get some paperwork done?

Have a Brazilian player that, having spent the 1,095 days required to become a Canadian citizen, is still awaiting his official paperwork to come in. Day count is currently at 1,180, so his paperwork has been going through the motions for roughly 3 months now! This has become a bit of a problem as I've recently sold a player and am looking to bring in a replacement. Unfortunately, I was counting on the Brazilian player to no longer count as a foreign player by this point in time and I'm right at the transfer deadline. Is this sort of wait realistic for footballing professionals in the real world?

I think it's balanced, in the game you don't have the option buy an EU passport, or find a European relative

From what I remember in Poland the president gave the Polish nationality through a decree to a Brazilian for him to represent the side at a tournament

Have a Brazilian player that, having spent the 1,095 days required to become a Canadian citizen, is still awaiting his official paperwork to come in. Day count is currently at 1,180, so his paperwork has been going through the motions for roughly 3 months now! This has become a bit of a problem as I've recently sold a player and am looking to bring in a replacement. Unfortunately, I was counting on the Brazilian player to no longer count as a foreign player by this point in time and I'm right at the transfer deadline. Is this sort of wait realistic for footballing professionals in the real world?

Being in the process of becoming an Australian citizen, months and months and months. For most people, just compiling the paperwork is a good 6-weeks work. Submitting takes 2-3 weeks. Your case for residency being seen can take up to 9 months. Wait two years, then apply again. It then takes another 3 months for the final decision.

Archived