Needs to be fixed...

When watching the key moments on the ME, if you pause the game to make a tactical change as the ME is processing (ie, it isn't showing any play, just the time going by minute by minute), when you return to the ME there is almost always a goalscoring opportunity, even though when the game was paused there was no suggestion of one (otherwise the play would be being shown). I've just conceded an equaliser thanks to this bug, though I have to say it also seems that the AI concede like this too.

I know it's not worded brilliantly but it's quite difficult to explain. Needs a fix anyhow, definite bug.

I hate it when you go to make a substitution and return back to the match in 'key moments highlights' and about 3-5 mins go by , in which time the AI has changed tactics as the ball has gone out of play but YOUR sub isn`t made for you and they score......THEN your substitution happens and it is too late to change your sub you made 5 mins prior......h8 that.

As soon as you click 'continue' when making a sub and the ball has gone out of play, that is when your sub should be made, not 5 mins down the track and you should be given the option of changing your sub if something like an opposition goal happens.

I haven`t seen a sides sub warming up on the touchline in real life when the opposition scores and the 4th official says "sorry bud, you HAVE to use this sub as you already chose to do so 5 mins ago"

If you are watching the match in any of the highlight modes, do not use the "quick" buttons. Pause the game, and do your tactical tweaks the full and proper way, confirm, return to match and un-pause. The quick options are only for when you watch the full match. Imo.

happens often to me as well, watch key highlights, pause and go to tactics, make change and bang goal conceded right away. and like you said paused when it appears theres no opposition attack/chance. i get why it might happen, obviously bring on new player who might take couple minutes to get into the game but this does seem to be a bug due to how often it happens.

Seems like ME has a 'tree of options' that they reduce to A or B incident and when acting in time, what happens as a result is A:concede goal or B:survive. its possible that you acted very late tbh

Gotta love conspiracy theories.

The highlight you're watching was generated before you paused it. It would play out exactly the same no matter what you did.

You can't change anything in a highlight that's already started, it will finish playing before any changes are made.

Gotta love conspiracy theories.

The highlight you're watching was generated before you paused it. It would play out exactly the same no matter what you did.

You can't change anything in a highlight that's already started, it will finish playing before any changes are made.

You misunderstand, I am watching no highlight before I make the tactical change. The game is just proceeding minute by minute with no highlights being shown, I pause, and then as soon as I confirm whatever changes, I go back to the match engine, unpause, and immediately the middle of a key highlight is being shown and there is a goalscoring opportunity (before my tactical changes have even been processed - having read that other thread this seems important to mention). If this is not a bug then why wasn't it being shown as a key highlight before I paused?

I never use the quick buttons either. And I'm not saying it only happens to human players, I've scored goals before thanks to this. Just seems buggy to me.

• Administrators

Yeah not a bug in terms of a goalscoring opportunity being generated out of nowhere - that simply can't happen, but as Ackter said there may be a bug related to the highlight not showing correctly. We're aware of the issue thomit mentions above although it's incredibly difficult to reproduce. Thanks for taking the time to raise it.

Yeah not a bug in terms of a goalscoring opportunity being generated out of nowhere - that simply can't happen, but as Ackter said there may be a bug related to the highlight not showing correctly. We're aware of the issue thomit mentions above although it's incredibly difficult to reproduce. Thanks for taking the time to raise it.

Thanks Neil, it's quite difficult to explain properly but I'm glad most people seem to understand what I mean. I just thought it was bizarre that is seemed to happen an awful lot immediately after confirming a tactical change, but I understand that goalscoring opportunities can't just randomly happen.

What thomit said is a separate issue but one I have also encountered on numerous occasions. Thanks for the reply though.

Archived