How accurate is Genie Scout?

Well the reason I ask is I am considering signing a player that 21 years old. All my scouts say is either 2 stars or 1 1/2 stars potential but on Genie Scout hes got a 90 current ability with 179 potential. Thats asking a lot of a 21 year old to develop that drastically.

What are his determination, professionalism, work rate and ambition attributes? They will heavily affect how he develops. AFAIK the Genie rating is based on his current attributes AND default training. If you tutor him effectively to increase some of those attributes, train him carefully and nurture him well, you can alter the Genie % AND your scout/coach assessment.

Also in your specific case, 21 is quite old. He only has about 3-4 years of optimum development time and he's not going to make up 80+ CA points in that time.

Genie is accurate when it reports the numbers for the current and potential abilities.. However, it can't be accurate when it comes to how much of that potential the player will actually develop. That will depend on a lot of things, as others here has pointed out.

In this particular case, it is highly unlikely that the player in question will develop all of his 179 PA points. His already 21, and has "only" 90 CA, for starters ... he ideally should have at least 140 (ish) at that age, to reach close to his pull potential. And it will also of course depend on some of his other stats, how well he will actually develop. I'd say your scouts reports are probably close to the truth, in this case.

Well the reason I ask is I am considering signing a player that 21 years old. All my scouts say is either 2 stars or 1 1/2 stars potential but on Genie Scout hes got a 90 current ability with 179 potential. Thats asking a lot of a 21 year old to develop that drastically.

In Genie scout, you will see some stars on the player profile, it means how he can developp. Having 179 in potential, doesn"t mean that he can reach them. The stars will say to you if possible or not.

Also, if you get the program to show you what the player will look like once they are fully developed it should show you what the highest PA they can theoretically reach will be, this will tell you whether or not the player is too old or just not a good enough worker to reach his maximum PA.

On top of this, that function distributes the CA pretty evenly amongst all the players stats, whereas you would put him on a training schedule to focus it on what matters from him, so it's not that accurate (usually, the player will be better than Genie says, assuming you can get him to his PA).

As someone mentioned - Genie Scout is 100% correct when it comes to PA and CA.

But high PA does not mean player will be good - depends on his hidden skills, his training and first team game experience.

I would go with what your scout says (as long as he is a decent scout).

Archived