Recommend me a league.

I've had fun in Swedish leagues. I spent about 12 seasons with IFK Luleå. It was very fun, but I want to take on another league.

While Swedish league was fun (and hard), lack of income was my major concern. With top league prize being merely 500k-ish and overall quality of players in top league being worse than English Npower CH, it was literally throwing eggs on a rock when I entered UEFA Champions league numerous times.

It was easy to dominate the league but was impossible to even make a impact on continental competitions.

Now, I want to move to a slightly better league. I am not picking SPL though.

My primary requirements are

Premier league has 16 teams or so, meaning 30 games a season. <- this gives me breathing rooms for friendlies and tours. Sweden was a good league for this purpose though with nearly 3 months of free time given each season to create my own league among those willing.

League prize (basic income) is better than Sweden. <- so that I can attract better players.

I am currently looking at Norway and Denmark but I couldn't tell how much Denmark premier league pays in the game. Does anyone know ?

Also what are the prize money for Portugal ?

The only problem with the Portuguese Leagues are the finances.. the money from attendances and prize money is very low so you'll need to keep selling some of your best players for a while to balance your books unless you start with one of the big three.

Also the league is somewhat weak so it gets boring very fast since besides the big three and Braga and Guimarães the quality is very low.

The only problem with the Portuguese Leagues are the finances.. the money from attendances and prize money is very low so you'll need to keep selling some of your best players for a while to balance your books unless you start with one of the big three.

Also the league is somewhat weak so it gets boring very fast since besides the big three and Braga and Guimarães the quality is very low.

Hm, I see that. About 15 euro per ticket. That's too low.

I am currently trying out Norway club, Follo Fotball, at the moment.

Their leagues has got similar reputations as Sweden but money seems to flow in a lot better. In fact, about 3 or 4 times better. I need to get to Premier league first though.

I also tried Danish Superliga but didn't like their league rules.

German league.

Very competitive top to bottom.

Good crowds.

No non-EU restrictions.

Fairly short league season meaning players are fresh(er) for the German Cup and European competition.

Will attract the best players.

Very nice prize money for final league position.

Nope, the German league is too strong.

I've tried out Norway league for 3 seasons. I like the league except for their reserve team system. Much better income than Sweden.

I am right now trying an Amateur Belgium club. I am in my late 1st season. Not sure if I like the league. Been watching the top league and they actually play 40 games instead of 30 for top 6 teams for UEFA qualification. I don't like that kind of rules.

I think I will try out Superliga shortly and then Portuguese League.

Damn, so hard to find my dream league.

Archived