Steam and game installed but can't play game! Help needed!

Yes, everything that needs to be installed is installed.

I can't find the answer on FAQ's.

All this just to install a game! What happened to the good old days where you just put the disc in and the game installed and was ready to play.

I am not an expert on computers but I do not what I'm doing but this just seems so long winded and very frustrating!

Any other advice?

Yeh sometimes applications won't load for various reasons (not just FM, it's just FM in this case)

If you right click on the bar at the bottom of the screen (a blank area) and go to Task Manager.

Go the Processes tab. And see if there's a program called FM.exe running. If there is. Click it. Then right click. End Task.

Try launching the game again.

Well that wont work, first off the shop wont take it back and secondly it wont help you get this game working.

What exactly have you tried, have you tried various steps from the FAQ? Have you checked the Steam advice page? have you tried a simple re-start of your computer? Re-start of steam? You will have to let us know what you have tried before we can give you more options.

If it's happening with more than one application then there's a software or permissions issue. If it happens all the time with certain applications then your permissions have been messed up somewhere down the line. You can google for a "take ownership" registry modification that will quickly let you see if that's the problem.

Otherwise, you have a virus that is interrupting the launching of applications for whatever reason.

Or, you've moved files from one disk to another without reinstalling - that can cause this sometimes.

Yes they will, the contract is between the shop and the purchaser and they are obliged to give a refund as it is not "fit for purpose". Talk to the manager if necessary, but if you don't budge and insist on a refund you will get it.

If you buy a PC game from a shop up here you are always told it cannot be returned, you must agree to those terms before they sell it to you, might be different in other places.

If you buy a PC game from a shop up here you are always told it cannot be returned, you must agree to those terms before they sell it to you, might be different in other places.

That doesn't matter, it's a bluff. This isn't what I was looking for but it will do.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange

Archived