Worst match I've EVER had, guaranteed to make you laugh!

All right, get ready to laugh your head off. I'm playing with LA Galaxy at the moment. We had a terrific start of the season, playing on top until everything seemed to collapse, in the end we managed to get 3rd while we should've been 1st with ease. Pitted against Chivas USA which I always beat easily. This time seemed to be no different as we cruised to a comfortable 5-1. Then the horror began... Chivas came back, and how! With two own goals of my own, and another 3 made by them, I lost the match in the final seconds. I have no idea how this happened. This is the weirdest comeback I've ever seen in FM. Spectacular match though, but this wasn't deserved. Match file is attached so anyone may view it, and laugh about it.

Screenshot

Match pkm file

After this match I had to play them again and despite dominating the entire game, it ended 2-2. I'm absolutely gutted icon_frown.gif

Wouldn't make me laugh - I'd throw something out the window! icon_biggrin.gif

I remember being 2-0 up to Dorchester at HT, then went 3-0 up 47 minutes in. Lost 3-5, all because of my team talk icon_frown.gif.

btw, I can't see your image - I think that's because I'm not a member of the site you provided.

Originally posted by Some guy....:

Ummm... I just watched that, and uh... Your keeper kicked the ball and charged out of the goal as if he were an outfield player, he was even in the same kit.

Noticed that too, although he was still in his GK kit. There wasn't a farrow on the formation screen, but that might only show the formation started with. It might be from all-out-attacking, but that doesn't seem likely.

Originally posted by Some guy....:

Ummm... I just watched that, and uh... Your keeper kicked the ball and charged out of the goal as if he were an outfield player, he was even in the same kit.

I was just watching the match again, and he just had his GK kit on.

But earlier I remembered seeing him in a outfield player kit too, very weird...

So what happened to Beckham? Out for months I presume!

Out for two months... Second time that happened.

Noticed that too, although he was still in his GK kit. There wasn't a farrow on the formation screen, but that might only show the formation started with. It might be from all-out-attacking, but that doesn't seem likely.

No indeed, after the 5-4 I decided to change my tactics to something more defensive. What later happened (The GK incident) is something I can't explain.

No indeed, after the 5-4 I decided to change my tactics to something more defensive. What later happened (The GK incident) is something I can't explain.

Happens occasionally on my game, when you change player tactics during a match, they sometimes get swapped around-ie your goalkeeper having your cm's player tactics. Ends up in my goaly romping forward for a corner. You just have to double check after a sub, but in a high pressure game I'll probably forget.

I can beat that... not for comebacks but... oh God it hurts to even talk about. It may be long... but bear with me, I'm sure you will laugh at me in the end.

I was West Brom manager after getting them in the Premiership. In December I am comfortably midtable - 13th. Below me in 14th, I notice Liverpool. They sacked Benitez and I got the job. We finished in 5th and got to the UEFA Cup final. 2-1 down at half time to Juve and we pull it out the bag and win it 3-2. The next game is against Arsenal in the FA Cup Final. After beating them 3-0 away in the last few games despite them still going on to win the title, I was confident. Half time: 2-1 Arsenal. I'm thinking.. oooh dejá vu. 3-2 to me again! But no.. no no no no no. Final score.. 5-1? 6-1? 7-1 even? No. 10-1. yes, TEN - ONE. Torres got a 1 rating, Reina 2, and I think my highest rated player that finished the match was 4. I sat there in utter disbelief. At 5-1 I gave up trying to tinker and just sat mortified. I have never seen/heard of a game like that on FM before... (and no, I didn't accidently bring Reina out of goal... I kinda wish I did. At least then there's an excuse!)

Ok, you probably won't believe this, and I can't blame you.

Once had Man Utd through to the semi final in the Champions League. To meet Barcelona. I'd met them before winning easily, so I was quite happy with the draw.

First off, I play them away. They get the 1-0 pretty early, but shortly after I level the game 1-1, the score at half time. Going in to the second half, their CB gets a second yellow, and is off, yet they choose to proceed with a backline of 3. I notice this and I set an extremely offensive tactic. 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7! Absolutely brilliant. A 7-1 win at Nou Camp, heading towards the final.

Here comes the funny part though. I'm at home and my initial team talk is no to get complacent. However Barca go to score to goals in the first half, 0-2. Ok, I still lead comfortably on aggregate, so I tell the guys to keep going, and sure enough I score for 1-2, right after the break. But this is when the nightmare began. They quickly score for 1-3 and 1-4 and with ten minutes left it's 1-5! Now, I've had my chances as well, but my strikers didn't take them, so I pull one out and bring on a defender. 90th minute - 1-6, and 90th minute 1-7. They levelled the game!

Going into to extra time then, and sure enough Rooney, my only striker is sent off immediately. Having no subs left, I play Ronaldo up front, in an odd 5-3-1 formation. And of course Barca go on to score one more, 1-8, and I was out. Never played on that game again of sheer embarrasment.

I find that team talks have a huge impact on game results.

Originally posted by bermybhoy:

Out of interest, do you remember your half time team talk? Have had similar on occasions (well, 5-1 to 5-5....twice). I have a feeling that 'Pleased' would be better changed to 'Please throw the game'......

Haha thats a brilliant way of describing it! i dont think I ever use "pleased"... just because my teams decide that I am obviously happy and that they have done enough! Absolute guff!

Originally posted by MarkTCfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nene_Park_Faithfull:

Really like the skin, what is that?

So do i icon_smile.gif

What is it Topic Starter ?

Ta </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please?

Archived