Never buying again

Shouldn't have to keep resolving all these problems though should you?

To be honest most of the problems I've seen on here since release have been solved as soon as the OP has been pointed in the direction of the FAQ sticky. There are without doubt problems with the Steam route but as Matt said most of them are easily solved.

I am not disputing that mije, my point is SI shouldn't sell a product that requires constant problem solving no matter how easy it is to fix. I am all for SI/Sega fighting piracy, however it is them that should be encountering all the problems of this, not the paying public, imo.

It's a reality with a platform as hugely varied as the PC that people will have some issues - that's why we have Customer Services to deal with it.

But have you ever encountred as many problems when the product was not married to Steam? That is the point.

But have you ever encountred as many problems when the product was not married to Steam? That is the point.

Yes, we have, and I'd say the issue numbers are comfortably within our norm. This thread isn't here to discuss that though, so unless we're going back to the original topic, lets leave it.

I am not disputing that mije, my point is SI shouldn't sell a product that requires constant problem solving no matter how easy it is to fix. I am all for SI/Sega fighting piracy, however it is them that should be encountering all the problems of this, not the paying public, imo.

Isn't that the point of patches though, to solve problems in the game itself? ;)

Jase, your right. But this problem is in existance because of money. Yes SI and Sega are right to combat piracy but it shouldn't be at the expense for loyal customer who have spent their cash. Steam is riddled with problems and personally I still haven't actually started my game because 3 days I couldn't log on and I still can't get the update. It is not a problem with the game it is with a 3rd party's software that is being forced upon us that is causing the problem and that is why so many people are annoyed.

Jase, your right. But this problem is in existance because of money. Yes SI and Sega are right to combat piracy but it shouldn't be at the expense for loyal customer who have spent their cash. Steam is riddled with problems and personally I still haven't actually started my game because 3 days I couldn't log on and I still can't get the update. It is not a problem with the game it is with a 3rd party's software that is being forced upon us that is causing the problem and that is why so many people are annoyed.

doesn't look like you've made a post in the technical help forum to seek help? goes back to being pro-active.

This appears to be happening for a few people, but I am also getting the game not available error when trying to load FM12. I have also tried loading it in offline mode which was SI's big answer to those who didn't want to install steam and this does not work either. I must say I've never had problems with steam before, but it's issues like this that give people a poor opinion of them.

I have noticed that steam keeps saying it has downloaded an update for FM12 and also that it has finished installing FM12 despite it having been installed since release.

I tried verifying the game cache as reccommended by someone and now I get a game crash dump when trying to start. Would it help if I posted it, or is there a known fix for this?

Edit:

Found this link on the FAQ.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184717&viewfull=1#post7184717

I cant fathom how people can have so much problems with steam.. All these "steam problems" are cause people cant use a computer.

Not trying to flame or anything.. but I seriously have been using steam for 9 years and iv never had a problem i couldn't resolve myself without going to a forum and QQ about it.

this is not directed just to the op.

/puts head in the freezer to cool down

This appears to be happening for a few people, but I am also getting the game not available error when trying to load FM12. I have also tried loading it in offline mode which was SI's big answer to those who didn't want to install steam and this does not work either. I must say I've never had problems with steam before, but it's issues like this that give people a poor opinion of them.

I have noticed that steam keeps saying it has downloaded an update for FM12 and also that it has finished installing FM12 despite it having been installed since release.

I tried verifying the game cache as reccommended by someone and now I get a game crash dump when trying to start. Would it help if I posted it, or is there a known fix for this?

Edit:

Found this link on the FAQ.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184717&viewfull=1#post7184717

Can you give us some detail about your PC - contents of a dxdiag would be a good start - crashes are normally some form of hardware incompatibility so it'd be good to see what you have.

Thanks

I cant fathom how people can have so much problems with steam.. All these "steam problems" are cause people cant use a computer.

Not trying to flame or anything.. but I seriously have been using steam for 9 years and iv never had a problem i couldn't resolve myself without going to a forum and QQ about it.

this is not directed just to the op.

/puts head in the freezer to cool down

The problem might be that not everyone looks at it the same way...

Thank you for your willingness.

I know the problem. The problem is the Steam client, this is crazy application. Football Manager 2012 is only for software engineers, normal users not have a chance.

Load FM

Game not available

Verify game cache

Crash dump

Verify game cache again

Game works

That's the process, as is clearly outlined all over the forum and how I 'fixed' mine. Spend more time Google searching or reading the forums then just posting and expecting people to give you the answer (as I have just done, but what the heck)

Load FM

Game not available

Verify game cache

Crash dump

Verify game cache again

Game works

That's the process, as is clearly outlined all over the forum and how I 'fixed' mine. Spend more time Google searching or reading the forums then just posting and expecting people to give you the answer (as I have just done, but what the heck)

This was the first thread on SI forums I had seen about this problem, and considering you were able to give me the information, was there any need for the rude backlash afterwards? Yes I could have searched the web, but I was hoping there may have been a quick and easy forum link someone could post to. There really wasn't any need for the rest.... but thanks anyway.

doesn't look like you've made a post in the technical help forum to seek help? goes back to being pro-active.

I asked for help in the official upgrade forum and was given an answer (admittidly it didn't work) But hey ho lets just keep speeling the same "it's my fault" line and you're "pro-active" non-sense. And one individual problem isn't the issue anyway. It is the number of issues caused by software that does nothing to benefit the paying customer. I have never complained about the game before and appreciate that it is a difficult thing to keep everybody happy. But these problems are easily solved, don't make Steam compulsory.

I cant even play the demo anymore !!! . Played it once for a few hours and since then, Steam Error, unavailable, try again later. Been like it for a while now.

Done everything that the forum says to correct with no joy.

As if I am going to buy the full version !!! LOL !!!!

I'm back to FM11

I run FM11 on Steam, bought the game from Steam cheap. I play the game on 2 PC's and 1 laptop and all through steam no issues at all. Downloaded FM12 demo and that also plays well on all my PC's.

Not sure why people are getting so many issues re FM12?

Archived