FM 12 Steam and Uni Halls

Ok so my issue at current is, I can't open Steam and therefore play the demo in halls because Steam is blocked and I can't get the game open. Is there a way round this?

Also when the full game is out, if I buy through steam will I have the same issue or will I be able to play the game without the internet after initial authentication or will having the disc get round this?

Thanks

Ok so my issue at current is, I can't open Steam and therefore play the demo in halls because Steam is blocked and I can't get the game open. Is there a way round this?

Also when the full game is out, if I buy through steam will I have the same issue or will I be able to play the game without the internet after initial authentication or will having the disc get round this?

Thanks

yes, try going to a cafe or a venue that has wifi, and activate there (its what i had to for FM10). After that, make the steam client is fully up to date, then set it to offline mode. You wont have any problems afterwards

I wouldnt buy through steam if you look like you will have trouble with an internet connection, much better to buy the disc so you only have to activate through steam, as opposed to trying to download it first

I've set it to offline but anytime my laptop blue screens which is a different issue altogether, when I start it up again I can't get into steam, which is why I'd be worried about the game, think disc it is.

That's weird, steam should remember the settings. Either way just log in once, update, set it to save the password and whenever you log in but it cant connect you to steam servers it'll give you the option to play in offline mode.

One possibility that suggests is that you had "don't save personal data on this computer" ticked when you set up offline mode. It might be worth finding a venue where you can connect to Steam and double-checking that you did set up offline mode correctly.

Archived