FM 12 - Liverpool in Debt?

I recently started a game in FM 12 Demo and was surprised to see that Liverpool have a lot of Debt in the game despite in real life they don't as the new

owners FSG cleared all debts last year when they took over. I know its a minor thing but its been bugging me anyone else notice things like this, little things that bug you. I also don't like that in international management you can't talk to players who are eligible for your country but are declared for another for

example Jaime O'Hara of Wolves is eligible to play for Ireland and has publicly said he would like to play for Ireland yet in the game he is declared for

england and you can't even ask him to change his mind and play for your country like real international managers can. Jonjo Shelvey is another example of this. Jermaine Pennant also recently said he can play for Ireland and wants to yet he's not even listed as eligible for ireland in the game. Any chance these

things will be fixed in the full game or with an update?

Well that's my rant for the day over, oh and check out this link while you wait for the full game to be released :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_2VD5y52wg

Understand that ut explained before Meireles was a player that wasnt for sale and only handed in a Transfer request late on so he went to Chelsea . the budget of 2 million suggests that Liverpool had to sell him to get back in the black but that wasnt the case.

Yeah I just saw that interview on Sky but he's not the only 1 just one example I think you should be able to chat to the players eligible for your country and ask them to

represent your country, real managers can do it so why shouldn't it be in the game I think it'd be a good feature

Understand that ut explained before Meireles was a player that wasnt for sale and only handed in a Transfer request late on so he went to Chelsea . the budget of 2 million suggests that Liverpool had to sell him to get back in the black but that wasnt the case.

I dont think Liverpool aimed to break even with their transfers this season, Kenny will have been given a certain budget to spend. The Meireles money coming in doesnt mean Liverpool had more to spend it was just some added cash late on.

Yeah I just saw that interview on Sky but he's not the only 1 just one example I think you should be able to chat to the players eligible for your country and ask them to

represent your country, real managers can do it so why shouldn't it be in the game I think it'd be a good feature

You can, if your a national manager and player has been in a country long enough you can ask him to take nationality to play for your nation, with all other players there is a good chance they will take up their second nationality around 25/26 if they have never had a cap for the better rep nation.

I think the reason why it wasn't added to the transfer budget in game was because it was a deadline day deal so Kenny wouldn't have had the money to spend anyway, and between now and then depending on results and team performances it will determine how much the board will give Kenny. If you really want the Meireles money when the full game comes out you can add it in the editor.

just wondered that if they were in the top 4 they the board would spend more in a push for champions league . which would give the club more of an opprtunity to sign higher quality players who want to play in top european competition

Most of the official quotes surrounding FSG and Liverpools debts are all about paying off over £200m of aquisition debt from Hicks and Gillette and lowering the debt servicing from £20-30m per year down to £2-3m per year. There has never been any mention of Liverpool being debt free.

The accounts for the year 2010-2011 up to May 2011 will be published in the next few months which will give an accurate picture for FM12 and the Researcher can adjust if necessary for any future data update.

Im reading an interview with O'Hara right now where he says he has no interest at all in playing for Ireland, only England.

... but it'd be awesome if he did, which is why FM is so fun (such as Darren O'Dea taking Scottish citizenship in my FM10 save and going on to make 40+ appearances for them).

... but it'd be awesome if he did, which is why FM is so fun (such as Darren O'Dea taking Scottish citizenship in my FM10 save and going on to make 40+ appearances for them).

oh yeah in my long term save i have a spanish player who took up scottish nationality after enough time as he never played for spain, he went onto make 30 scotland caps and played at a euro champs and world cup! i love those little things in the game :)

when a player declares himself for a particular nation.. thats meant to be the be all and end all of the discussion irl... thats his nation...

sure it can change occasionally, but this is more of an exception rather than the rule... FM is just simulating how its meant to be done

I don't know where people think Liverpool are debt free? Did the money to buy the club out grow on a tree next to the Mersey? Or did it infact come from a group of business men who are rather wealthy? They got wealthy by running businesses and making profit from those businesses. Of course they are going to want their money back - hence the debt.

The difference between Man Utd and Liverpool is that Liverpool's debt is owed to the business men who own the club. Therefore they are not in a massive rush to get their money back - and charge no interest. Man Utd's debt is owed to men who owe a shed load of money to banks, who want their money back quickly.

In truth,if Kenny wants a player I can't see the owners refusing him, he has recently said in an interview, that if we need money in January for a player/players the money will be there, the owners know we had to upgrade the squad this summer so spent accordingly, the budget of £2m is unreal in my opinion.

On FMHi i've seen O'Hara be called up by Ireland. I expect that's because its not quite as complicated as regular FM when it comes to international call ups.

It was just last February when O'Hara was considering playing for the Republic as well. I still think he could one day unless Fabio goes and messes that up.

In truth,if Kenny wants a player I can't see the owners refusing him, he has recently said in an interview, that if we need money in January for a player/players the money will be there, the owners know we had to upgrade the squad this summer so spent accordingly, the budget of £2m is unreal in my opinion.

The £2M transfer budget is whats left after the summer transfer siginings (Don't know why Meireles' Transfer money is not added) but still has you said there will be money available in January. So under the circumstances £2M is right.

Archived