Anyone playing FM12 with an i3/i5/i7 with just the intel integrated graphics

I'm using the GPU in my i7 2600k running on medium with everything turned on (except depth of field which is greyed out) at 1920x1080 until I get my "proper" graphics card. Works fine. High lags though. Performance is shown as 2/5 stars.

I'm using the Intell Core i5 2.66 GHZ 4 GB RAM (might increase that to 6GB) , 3D set to auto , all boxes ticked it flys and runs smoothly , planning to run around 25/30 leagues on large database , that will really test my machine to its limits :D

Until recently I was running FM 2011 with an i5 with the HD2000. I normally used windowed mode with the FM window around 1400x900 pixels and I could run TV view with all the extras turned on at medium comfortably. High was generally OK, but there were occasional stutters so I dialed it down.

• 3 weeks later...
My new laptop with i3 processor and HD3000 card arrived a couple of hours ago! Will report in tonight when I've downloaded the demo again!!!

So whats the verdict?

I'm buying a new laptop and i don't know if i3 or i5 is they way to go. The only game i ever play is Fm12. So I'm thinking that if i3 is enough for me ill buy an i3 since i'd rather not pay more then i have to. Hope its working great for you.

I posted a handy basic general guideline for processors and buying a computer in general over here

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/283857-Any-Laptop-Players?p=7264566&viewfull=1#post7264566

Any questions let me know. I know it looks a bit heavy - but if you read through it and compare processors and basically tick the boxes here you should be fine.

Rather then a graphics card? Was just wondering what its like performance wise in 3d Matches.

You should differentiate between desktop and laptop here.

A desktop i3/5/7 with integrated graphics will cope a lot better than a laptop version - that being said they might all be fine for FM. But you've already got some posts where one guy is using an i5 2410 which is a laptop, and someone else who could be using either a desktop or a laptop.

Although it's a slow processor there lukekarts - you can turn on Turbo Boost.

This will enable 1 core or 2 cores to work up to 2.7ghz when other threads are not used. You should note a difference in processing speed with FM.

Although it's a slow processor there lukekarts - you can turn on Turbo Boost.

This will enable 1 core or 2 cores to work up to 2.7ghz when other threads are not used. You should note a difference in processing speed with FM.

Turbo Boost is automatic. It's an insanely quick processor as well, part of the latest gen (July '11) round of Sandy Bridge; the low clock speed is quite unflattering.

So whats the verdict?

I'm buying a new laptop and i don't know if i3 or i5 is they way to go. The only game i ever play is Fm12. So I'm thinking that if i3 is enough for me ill buy an i3 since i'd rather not pay more then i have to. Hope its working great for you.

the i3 with the integrated graphics card is running the 3D on medium level very well - I'm dead happy!

Thanks for the help everyone. Been looking around and realized i could get some discount on some laptops. Mainly HP's.

I want a 13.3 laptop. I need the mobility. Using mainly, browser, word etc. Some multi tasking there. And of course, FM12.

So i've been looking at HP Pavilion dv3-4300eo which i can get for 384 GPB, shipping included.

Intel® Core™ i3-380M

• 2,53 GHz, 3 MB L3-cache

Intel HM55

4 GB DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6370M (512 MB DDR3).

The one thing i dont like about this one is that the i3 is not second generation as far as i understand. But at the same time theres a dedicated card. So is this good enough for FM12? It doesnt have to be on high settings.

If its not good enough i might go for the Hp Pavilion DM4 (533GPB)

Intel® Core™ i5-2410M

• 2,3 GHz, 3 MB L3-cache

Intel HM65

6 GB DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6470M (1 GB DDR3 dedicated)

The second one is obviously better. But its a 14" which starts to get a little to big even if ive read that this one is small for a 14". But also i'd rather not pay more than i need. Would appreciate some input. Thanks!

Archived